Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Muschamp Gone

Skip

Muschamp Gone
« on: January 04, 2008, 06:05:09 PM »
http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/

Fuck him.

Will Muschamp resigned today as Auburn's defensive coordinator to accept a similar position at the University of Texas.

Muschamp, who interviewed at Texas on Thursday, told Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville shortly after returning from Austin this afternoon that he had decided to accept an offer from Longhorn coach Mack Brown. Muschamp leaves after two years on the Auburn staff.

The Auburn president and Board of Trustees recently approved a raise for Muschamp that would have made his salary $425,000 in 2008.He had a two-year contract with no buyout clause. He would have been the highest paid assistant coach in the Southeastern Conference.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
Re: Muschamp Gone
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 06:10:22 PM »
 :hulk:   I can't even classify it as a lateral move.  Can't compute...and my weekend is ruined.  Asshole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 06:10:40 PM »
This fucking infuriates me. I think something is going on with Tubs and his coordinators. Why the hell would you lose 2 in 3 years like that in lateral moves. I don't understand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 06:18:06 PM »
Well, it looks like I'm going to have to start drinking heavily. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 06:30:12 PM »
FUCK Will Muschamp.

I don't wish him well. I don't thank him for his service. I hope he fails in the most spectacular manner possible. I hope he fails to the extent that he ends up in Atlanta holding a cup begging for change and wearing a dirty sign that says "Will Work for Food."  Because I will kick that sign off his chest. spit in his face and piss in the cup. 

The hell with him. 

And while I'm at it, the hell with Mack Brown. I hope that scumbag sonofabitch catches herpes and grows a dick out of his chin, but it's too short for him to suck it himself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 06:32:11 PM »
And fuck Mack Brown's step-son, who can't seem to resist touching balls.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 06:34:20 PM »
Enjoy the Holiday Bowl, bitches!! :pee:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 06:42:08 PM »
You know what I'd like?  I'd like for Muschamp's house to burn to the ground. Every square inch a charred mass.  And then I'd like for him to be arrested for arson. And jailed.  Forty years from now, I'd like for a random DNA test to clear him. And I'd like for his name to be Wilhelmena by then.

I hate him.  Plain and simple. Don't hate him for leaving, that happens. Hate him for taking a step down and in the process making AU look second rate. 

I hate Texas, too.  Sorry, Jen, but the whole damn state can be taken over by Mexico and I won't fire a shot to defend it.  Hell, I'll grow a cheesy moustache, put on a sombrero and help rout the gringos myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 07:05:12 PM »
You know what I'd like?  I'd like for Muschamp's house to burn to the ground. Every square inch a charred mass.  And then I'd like for him to be arrested for arson. And jailed.  Forty years from now, I'd like for a random DNA test to clear him. And I'd like for his name to be Wilhelmena by then.

I hate him.  Plain and simple. Don't hate him for leaving, that happens. Hate him for taking a step down and in the process making AU look second rate. 

I hate Texas, too.  Sorry, Jen, but the whole damn state can be taken over by Mexico and I won't fire a shot to defend it.  Hell, I'll grow a cheesy moustache, put on a sombrero and help rout the gringos myself.

THe state isn't that bad out here...3 quarters of these jokers don't know who Mack Brown is anyway...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

rebmus

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 08:59:47 PM »
Any word on how much Texas is paying?
$425K and he leaves??? Damn.

When I heard Muschamp interviewed, I thought nothing of it... "he'll never go" is what I said.

Oh well, it's not like Auburn's D hasn't kicked ass under different DC's under Tub.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Skip

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 09:17:27 PM »
Any word on how much Texas is paying?
$425K and he leaves??? Damn.

When I heard Muschamp interviewed, I thought nothing of it... "he'll never go" is what I said.

Oh well, it's not like Auburn's D hasn't kicked ass under different DC's under Tub.

Tubs can pick up the slack on defense. As long as Franklin can set the offense right, we'll be OK.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 09:30:12 PM »
If they need a rah-rah mid-30's white guy to head-butt without a helmet, I'll do it for $150k.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
If they need a rah-rah mid-30's white guy to head-butt without a helmet, I'll do it for $150k.....
Shit I'll do it for 100k and a bag of cool ranch doritos.  What I still can't fathom is why??!? There has to be a reason, WM had to be mad at Tubs (pissed about CAB firing or the way he was fired?) or he disliked another member of the staff (perhaps Franklin). There has to be a reason to just up and move his family....something happened...I'm telling you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 11:11:42 AM »
Shit I'll do it for 100k and a bag of cool ranch doritos.  What I still can't fathom is why??!? There has to be a reason, WM had to be mad at Tubs (pissed about CAB firing or the way he was fired?) or he disliked another member of the staff (perhaps Franklin). There has to be a reason to just up and move his family....something happened...I'm telling you.

I thought the same thing but I read something last night on a bama board, believe it or not, that really made sense to me. Here is the post by a guy named Rolltiderandy that is a moderator at crimsontusks.com. Ordinarily I would paraphrase, but he gave an honest opinion of really what might have gone down; and an opinion that I haven't seen from any other place that I have looked. Here it is:

The move actually makes perfect sense to me, even if it is just a lateral move. Baylor, Houston, and SMU are all in Texas and they all hired new HCs this year. Any of those would have been a good place for Muschamp to start a head coaching career. He wasn’t really up for any of those jobs, mainly because people in Texas are not that aware of him and he has no recruiting ties in Texas.

I’m sure if here in Alabama a school like Troy needed a coach, Muschamp would be very close to the top of their wish list. I don’t believe that will change even if he spends the next two seasons in Texas. By taking this job, he gives himself exposure to all the schools in Texas, the schools in the Big 12, and can claim recruiting ties in Texas (which is a recruiting hot bed). He can already claim recruiting ties in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida because he has been a coach at Auburn.

Basically, I think this move really broadens his horizons and improves his chances at moving up into a HC job over the next two or three years. If he goes to Texas, has pretty good success, then someone like Texas Tech or Rice or Tulsa finds themselves needing a coach, Muschamp will probably look like a pretty good candidate for those jobs. Not to mention schools around here like the previously mentioned Troy or UAB who if they needed a coach, you know would give Muschamp a long, hard look.

I’m not saying there are not other factors which may be influencing his decision, I’m just saying that even if there weren’t, this would be the right move for his career. We would all like to believe this move indicates big problems down on the farm, but that may not be the case.

I think that is a well thought out post about what may have influenced Muschamp to leave. Maybe we don't know the whole story and looking at the big picture, he really did this to expand his horizons and make a more national name for himself somewhere other than the SEC. Leave it to a fucking bamer to be the thought of rationilization...who knew?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 11:12:40 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »
Just for future reference, RollTideRandy is more than a little overweight, is a self professed Star Wars geek and lives with a cat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 11:43:36 AM »
I don't give a shit if he stlll sleeps with his mom and breast feeds, he made a couple of good points in my opinion...

But by the way, aren't most bama fans like that anyway?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 12:14:13 PM »
I don't give a shit if he stlll sleeps with his mom and breast feeds, he made a couple of good points in my opinion...

But by the way, aren't most bama fans like that anyway?

I find his commentary to be the written equivalent of marmalade.

There are only four reasons Muschamp would leave for that particular position:

1) He considers it to be the natural progression in his career path.  The more places and the more competition against which he proves himself, the greater the eventual job he might get.

2) Auburn failed in some way to meet his needs/desires. Given the fact that Jay Jacobs' retarded huckster ass is involved, I wouldn't dismiss this.  I'm on record as being a Jacobs hater. I've met the guy and I hated him more after meeting with him than I did before. He's the kind of ruddy-faced prick I'd like to kick in the nuts.

3) The chance to work with friends. He's got several friends on the Texas staff (they're the reason Cocksmoker Brown called him to begin with).  In my own work experience I've left jobs and made a lateral move to work with friends. I've also hired friends in what could only be considered a lateral move for them.

4) Fear. Over the last two seasons, he's built his own little cult of personality. At some point, he's got to wake up in the middle of the night and wonder to himself if he can sustain the standards he's set. Borges didn't. Borges stayed a year too long.  What happens if his rah-rah wears thin and the players grow tired of getting BOOM'ed and tune him out?  I've long contended that rah-rah guys can't maintain it long-term. That's why I thought Orgeron was a terrible hire for Ole Miss. That jumping around intense stuff will work for a year or two and then it starts to fray. So maybe he decided to jump before it had a chance to backfire.

I still want him to suffer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Skip

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 12:41:38 PM »
Shit I'll do it for 100k and a bag of cool ranch doritos. 

Cool Ranch Cheetos is where it's at.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 12:42:13 PM by Skip »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 12:44:53 PM »
I find his commentary to be the written equivalent of marmalade.

There are only four reasons Muschamp would leave for that particular position:

1) He considers it to be the natural progression in his career path.  The more places and the more competition against which he proves himself, the greater the eventual job he might get.

2) Auburn failed in some way to meet his needs/desires. Given the fact that Jay Jacobs' retarded huckster ass is involved, I wouldn't dismiss this.  I'm on record as being a Jacobs hater. I've met the guy and I hated him more after meeting with him than I did before. He's the kind of ruddy-faced prick I'd like to kick in the nuts.

3) The chance to work with friends. He's got several friends on the Texas staff (they're the reason Cocksmoker Brown called him to begin with).  In my own work experience I've left jobs and made a lateral move to work with friends. I've also hired friends in what could only be considered a lateral move for them.

4) Fear. Over the last two seasons, he's built his own little cult of personality. At some point, he's got to wake up in the middle of the night and wonder to himself if he can sustain the standards he's set. Borges didn't. Borges stayed a year too long.  What happens if his rah-rah wears thin and the players grow tired of getting BOOM'ed and tune him out?  I've long contended that rah-rah guys can't maintain it long-term. That's why I thought Orgeron was a terrible hire for Ole Miss. That jumping around intense stuff will work for a year or two and then it starts to fray. So maybe he decided to jump before it had a chance to backfire.

I still want him to suffer.

5) He has the Saban stink on him and his loyalty is only to himself
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 12:48:52 PM by stewiegriffin »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 02:21:33 PM »
Cool Ranch Cheetos is where it's at.
It's like you're in my head.
Mark? Did you get tired of the Lurking Tiger account?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions