No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: D.J. Howard Commits
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 10:38:15 AM »
Hoo-ray.

For the recruiting impaired, please to be posting who he is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 10:42:44 AM »
Another 3 star RB that will more than likely be playing safety for the tigers. Good news is a lot thought Alabama would steal him because they offered him as RB. He had been an Auburn lean for a long tie unti "childhood favorite" Alabama offered a chance to play RB. Auburn never recruited him as RB, only to play defense...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 10:44:23 AM »
For the recruiting impaired, please to be posting who he is.
Running back out of Lincoln HS, that was offered as an athlete by us.

He's got about 20 offers, including Clemson, Kentucky, Louiville, Mississippi State, & Arkansas.

Bammer showed interest but hadn't officially offered yet.

He's a 3-star on Rivals, and unranked on Scout.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:46:38 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 10:47:50 AM »
Bammer showed interest but hadn't officially offered yet.

I thought Alabama had offered. Oh well, I have no clue, I was going by memory of what I read last week. I defer to Chad on this...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 10:51:31 AM »
I thought Alabama had offered. Oh well, I have no clue, I was going by memory of what I read last week. I defer to Chad on this...

Hey, I'm no guru, myself. I'm deferring to his Rivals page. Notice though, that when you google DJ Howard rivals, the BOL version of his profile comes up. So there were bammers hoping to get him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 10:57:54 AM »
Read this before every post is modified to "We didn't want him anyway."

http://tidefans.com/forums/recruiting/89216-rb-d-j-howard-update-7-9-a.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 01:05:13 PM »
Howard's mother, Teresa Gaines, is a lifelong Auburn fan. Howard said his mother was all smiles when she heard the news her son would be a Tiger.
I don't think we offered, but even if we did I don't think we would have had a real chance at him. Apparently our coaches were somewhat interested from his camp performance, though. I think alot of folks backed off of him because he was injured last season. He did have a pretty good season in 2007 with 1300 yards. He is probably one of those guys that you want to wait and see him healthy type of thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 01:06:45 PM »
Okay, so from the articles I've been reading, Auburn has their collective eyes on 4 safeties.  One of those being 4* stud Ahmad Dixon.  We now have verbals from 2 other 3* safeties.  Does this affect Dixon's decision making?  Are either of the two verbals being recruited for another position?  And..if you're heavily recruiting a 4*, why take the verbals from the others?

Not a chicken little take but I'm not getting the direction here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 02:19:28 PM »
Okay, so from the articles I've been reading, Auburn has their collective eyes on 4 safeties.  One of those being 4* stud Ahmad Dixon.  We now have verbals from 2 other 3* safeties.  Does this affect Dixon's decision making?  Are either of the two verbals being recruited for another position?  And..if you're heavily recruiting a 4*, why take the verbals from the others?

It all a part of the Houston Nutt blueprint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 06:09:20 PM »

IMO, Demetruce is a Strong Safety that can step up as a fourth LBer for run support.  D.J. is a Free Safety that could be moved to Corner, or if the coaches like what they see of him from a RB standpoint, he could definitely be used as a RB or he could be put in the Mario position, depending on his catching ability.  I was starting to get pissed when I'd heard that SPuat was going to possibly offer him as a RB, or as D.J. said "Coach sabben said that he's 92% sure that they are going to offer him sometime soon."  I really, really like this pickup and I think he'll be a great addition, whichever position he lands at.  I just hope his grades are up to par, I haven't heard one way or the other.

D.J. Howard Ath 6' 195lbs. 4.48 40 Lincoln, Ala. (4 Grillz)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 06:21:16 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 09:18:22 PM »
And with a little Yoxing...he will be a 6'3" 245 pound head hunting safety that runs a 4.25. He may kill someone on the football field before it's over...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 10:08:56 PM »
And with a little Yoxing...he will be a 6'3" 245 pound head hunting safety that runs a 4.25. He may kill someone on the football field before it's over...
4.25 is stretching it a little, 4.3-4.35 sounds about right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Argo

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 12:03:38 AM »
I went and watched DJ and the Lincoln team roll my Blue Devils tonight at Etowah, by the score of 26-7.  First let me say, no way this kid is faster than 4.5.  Don't get me wrong, 4.5 is still plenty fast, but he isn't sub 4.5. 

As a runningback, he runs standing straight up.  Very awkward looking.  Also carries the rock like a loaf of buttered bread.  Had two fumbles tonight, losing one.  He did have at least 100 yards rushing, but I couldn't tell if he his offensive line was that good, or if Etowah's defense was that bad. 

As a safety, very solid player.  He wasn't challenged very much tonight as Etowah's offense if terrible.  He did have some good plays against the run from his safety spot.  Also has very good intensity. 

Should be a good player for Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 12:08:04 AM »
Also, word spread at the very end of the game that Lincoln's head coach had a heart attack and passed away during halftime.  It was a very confusing situation because we never saw medics responding to anything, and Lincoln's team never showed any type of emotion until the end. 

A pastor from Lincoln offered a prayer and mentioned that Lincoln had lost a coach, but it was never officially announced that their head coach passed away.  As I'm sure the official word will come out in the morning, keep this man's family and team in your thoughts tonight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 09:15:02 AM »
They had a referee go down in the 1st quarter of the Dothan-Eufaula game.  Apparent heart attack.  He died at the hospital.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions