AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
All is quiet on the Muschamp front
« on: January 04, 2008, 11:43:30 AM »
All quiet on the Will Muschamp front
Posted by Charles Goldberg, Birmingham News January 04, 2008 10:30 AM
Categories: Football
All is quiet on the Will Muschamp front this morning, at least from the Auburn perspective.

He's still in Texas contemplating whether to become the Longhorns' co-defensive coordinator. Auburn, where he presently works as the defensive coordinator, hasn't heard what his decision will be, but, either way, nothing seems to be rattling a virtually empty Auburn athletic building this day.

Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville was in his office this morning, then headed out for some chores. He'll be out of town starting Sunday, but is always just a phone call away from acting on developing situations.

Rub it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

WAR-MATT

Re: All is quiet on the Muschamp front
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 11:46:01 AM »
Let the flightware watch begin. Looks like it's due back in AU at 2pm.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N6271C
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 11:48:11 AM »
Let the flightware watch begin. Looks like it's due back in AU at 2pm.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N6271C

If I leave now, I should be able to make it.  Taylor, you're in charge of making posters.  Matt, you're in charge of getting shakers.  I'll bring the whiskey.  LET'S GO!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 11:52:31 AM »
If I leave now, I should be able to make it.  Taylor, you're in charge of making posters.  Matt, you're in charge of getting shakers.  I'll bring the whiskey.  LET'S GO!

Who is bringing the drunken slut to yell "we bowling baby" and give Muschamp a big fat kiss?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 11:53:56 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 11:53:08 AM »
Who is bringing the drunken slut?

Ok, ok, you can come too if you want. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 11:56:22 AM »
Ok, ok, you can come too if you want. 

:cheers:

He is kind of cute now that I think about it...

I am in Texas though so I may be able to get to him before he leaves!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WAR-MATT

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 12:01:31 PM »
I still think he comes back and stays at AU. His wife supposedly is with him in Austin and if he is headed back without it being offical, it can only be a good sign..... :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 12:05:33 PM »
I still think he comes back and stays at AU. His wife supposedly is with him in Austin and if he is headed back without it being offical, it can only be a good sign..... :thumbsup:

Absolutely agree with that. Just like when Tubby came back from Arkansas without anything official, I thought he would be staying. The longer this plays out, the more likely he stays.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WAR-MATT

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 12:23:13 PM »
http://jaygtate.blogspot.com/?061028

Work is blocking the website but there is a Muschamp update on here. Could someone copy and paste?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 12:24:08 PM »
News of the day, 1/4

Hey everyone.

I have to start by saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mom, who turns 39 again today. She reads the HABOTN and mixes up every fact I report because she's a Big 12 gal. She's great anyway.

Thanks for taking an average of 1 minute, 2 seconds to peep the HOTTEST Auburn blog on the 'net.

Today's story from the Advertiser:
Muschamp interviews at Texas

OK. Muschamp. I told you all last night that the Orangebloods.com article crowning Muschamp as Mack Brown's new hire was, at the very least, premature. The Austin-American Statesman, whose opinion I trust more, reported this morning that no deal was in place. That's where we are right now. It's my opinion, without having talked with Muschamp yesterday or this morning, that he will stay at Auburn. We've talked recently about his overall career plan and spending one more season at Auburn (at something like $425,000) fits nicely into that construct.

Keep in mind that Texas' interest, if played properly, could boost Muschamp's head-coach prospects in advance of the 2008 carousel. It also justifies Tuberville making Muschamp among nation's three highest-paid assistants.

I'm not saying this Texas thing is strictly a sham. Based on what I know about the Texas situation, a jump to Texas doesn't benefit Muschamp all that much. He likes Auburn. He has nearly complete autonomy here. The Tigers should be an excellent team next season. The money is great. The defensive staff is loaded with guys whose attitude and work ethic closely match Muschamp's.

I'll be working the phones all day and will provide updates as necessary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WAR-MATT

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 12:33:15 PM »
you da' man....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 01:16:08 PM »
I hope Jay Tate is right.  I don't see keeping Muschamp much longer past this coming year, but I would hate to have to replace 2 coordinators this offseason.  The fact that this is taking so long should work to our favor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Skip

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 01:52:52 PM »
Jay Tate sounds a lot like another insider I know.

Does he work a drill press between contract negotiations ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 02:14:32 PM »
They reported less than an hour ago that Muschamp is in Auburn meeting with Tuberville as we speak.  That can mean only two things, since he hasn't signed the deal with Texas they are renegotiating...or he is sayings his thanks and goodbye's. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

WAR-MATT

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 03:05:37 PM »
Latest Phillip Marshall:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to a report in The Houston Chronicle, Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp left Austin without making a decision on whether to accept an offer for a similar position at Texas. :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 04:34:29 PM »
Muschamp has now landed at the Auburn airport and stated that he hasn't made a decision yet.  He said he was going to meet with Tommy this afternoon.  A decision is still expected today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 04:53:57 PM »
This is getting annoying.

Posted by Phillip Marshall, The Huntsville Times January 04, 2008 3:15 PM
Categories: Football
Sorry for the headline (and the misspelled) word without anything to go with it. I tried to do it on my cell phone at the airport, and that's all my limited ability allowed.

Moments after arriving at the Auburn-Opelika Airport today, Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp said he had not made a decision on whether to accept an offer for a similar position at the University of Texas.

Muschamp and his wife, Carol, arrived at around 3:15 p.m.

"I have nothing to say," Muschamp said as he walked toward his car. Asked if he knew when he would have a decision, he said "I have to talk to Coach Tuberville." Asked if planned to Tuberville today, Muschamp said "Yes."

Asked if he'd made a decision, Muschamp said "No," got into his car and left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions