Trade Vote 7/3

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Trade Vote 7/3
« on: July 03, 2009, 09:25:48 AM »
Disabled Vets (Players to Trade)
72 year old .244 hitting Iván Rodríguez Avg .244 HR 7 RBI 30 Runs 24 SB -

Widowmakers (Players to Trade)
Top 10 player statistically in ALL of MLB José Reyes Avg .279 HR 2 RBI 15 Runs 18 SB 11

SS Jose Reyes was scheduled to arrive in Port St. Lucie, Fla., on Tuesday night and planned to test his balky right hamstring tendon by running in the coming days. Reyes is projected to return right after the All-Star break.

Also note that Reyes has only played in 36 games, but has only 15 less RBI's and 6 less Runs and 11 more SB and a higher batting average than Pudge. Oh yeah...Pudge is played in 65 games this year...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Trade Vote 7/3
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 09:27:34 AM »
I vote yes
I have too many shortstops that are better than Reyes

Jason Bartlett 362 average, 7 hr, 36 rbi's, 43 runs and 17 stolen bases.

Ben Zobrist  297 average,  16 hr, 46 rbi's, 43 runs and 8 stolen bases.

Both of those guys kill Reyes stats thats why he must go!

José Reyes Avg .279 HR 2 RBI 15 Runs 18 SB 11
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:36:03 AM by Jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 09:30:57 AM »
I vote yes

You are a fucking idiot...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 09:34:09 AM »
You are a fucking idiot...
See my post again and argue that point?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 09:47:30 AM »
See my post again and argue that point?

To trade Reyes for Pudge Rodriguez is crazy.

Last years stats..........

Jason Bartlet
2008   G 128     R 48   HR 1      RBI's 37     SB 20   AVG .286

Reyes
2008    G 159    R 113   HR 16   RBI 68      SB 56    AVG .297

It's not a fair trade. Why don't you wait till he gets off the DL...it is another week....

Not to mention Pudge had like 40 RBI's and 40 Runs and only 7 HR's with about a .260 average...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:49:30 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 09:51:06 AM »
To trade Reyes for Pudge Rodriguez is crazy.

Last years stats..........

Jason Bartlet
2008   G 128     R 48   HR 1      RBI's 37     SB 20   AVG .286

Reyes
2008    G 159    R 113   HR 16   RBI 68      SB 56    AVG .297

It's not a fair trade. Why don't you wait till he gets off the DL...it is another week....
I dont want to have to cut anyone to keep Reyes, his last years stats are going to help me this year......the last time I checked. Im not trying to unload my whole team, I cant cut Reyes the only way to get rid of his ass is to trade him.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:52:12 AM by Jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 10:04:41 AM »
For the record, I originaly offered Francouer and Magglio Ordonez for Reyes and Duke, the Pirates pitcher. 

Jumbo rejected that offer because he wanted to keep Duke, which I certainly understand (I wanted him to try to help out since I traded Linececum a week or so ago.)  He then sent me a message telling me to offer up my worst player in exchange for Reyes.  I picked up Matt Weiters off waivers so I would have a catcher and then offered up Pudge in exchange for Jose'.  Jason accepted that offer. 

If too many people are having that big of an issue with it, frickin' drop it.  I will then offer him something else or one of you guys can offer him something better for Reyes. 

No one else has been willing to this point to help a brother out and he has been trying to unload Reyes for weeks. 

This is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much drama over a fantasy baseball league. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 10:16:07 AM »
For the record, I originaly offered Francouer and Magglio Ordonez for Reyes and Duke, the Pirates pitcher. 

Jumbo rejected that offer because he wanted to keep Duke, which I certainly understand (I wanted him to try to help out since I traded Linececum a week or so ago.)  He then sent me a message telling me to offer up my worst player in exchange for Reyes.  I picked up Matt Weiters off waivers so I would have a catcher and then offered up Pudge in exchange for Jose'.  Jason accepted that offer. 

If too many people are having that big of an issue with it, frickin' drop it.  I will then offer him something else or one of you guys can offer him something better for Reyes. 

No one else has been willing to this point to help a brother out and he has been trying to unload Reyes for weeks. 

No drama...I just don't understand it. If you guys want to do it...fine. I was just pointing out the obvious for Jumbo. Reyes is about to come off the DL...why you would trade him is beyond me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 10:22:01 AM »
Then I change my vote in the other thread back to Yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 10:36:16 AM »

I have money invested why would I try to hurt my team on purpose, its not like Im trying to unload Victor Martinez or Prince Fielder? I everyone votes no I'll just hold on to Reyes and never play him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 11:37:44 AM »
I'm going to have to vote against it simply because Ivan Rodriguez helps him ZERO. There is no where to play him since he already has a catcher and utility player better than him. There are people in this league who have players that could help Jumbo out.

I didn't think the trade between Nookie and whoever was a great one...but I saw how it at least helped both sides a little. (although one side more than the other)

I'm not going to vote for any trades that only help out one side, no matter who the trades are between. I completely understand Jumbo wanting to get rid of Reyes...but someone will have to offer something that at least helps him out somewhere. He'd be just as well off dropping Reyes as this trade...so no hard feelings to anyone involved.

Pale Rider...I have offered Jumbo any of my relievers (he requested relievers in another thread) and a hitter so it isn't like nobody else is willing to make an offer). If somebody else makes him a trade offer that helps him out at a any position, I will vote yes. Will I be happy somebody else got him? No. But I will vote yes because it is the right thing to do as long as Jumbo benefits from the trade in some fashion.

So to make a long story short...No.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 11:46:00 AM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 11:47:36 AM »
I'm going to have to vote against it simply because Ivan Rodriguez helps him ZERO. There is no where to play him since he already has a catcher and utility player better than him. There are people in this league who have players that could help Jumbo out.

I didn't think the trade between Nookie and whoever was a great one...but I saw how it at least helped both sides a little. (although one side more than the other)

I'm not going to vote for any trades that only help out one side, no matter who the trades are between
. I completely understand Jumbo wanting to get rid of Reyes...but someone will have to offer something that at least helps him out somewhere. He'd be just as well off dropping Reyes as this trade...so no hard feelings to anyone involved.

Pale Rider...I have offered Jumbo any of my relievers (he requested relievers in another thread) and a hitter so it isn't like nobody else is willing to make an offer). If somebody else makes him a trade offer that helps him out at a any position, I will vote yes. Will I be happy somebody else got him? No. But I will vote yes because it is the right thing to do as long as Jumbo benefits from the trade in some fashion.

So to make a long story short...No.

This is why I'm a No.  It falls under the "Stacking a Team Clause" that can cause fantasy lopsidedness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 02:14:49 PM »
Just put me down for an automatic NO on any future trade vote.  I don't want to help any of you out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 09:27:15 AM »
If Jumbo is not going to play Reyes anyway, then I vote yes.  Why not let somebody benefit from the stats he's going to get.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 10:52:19 AM »
No, because Pale Rider just beat my ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »
No, because Pale Rider just beat my ass.

You got me in Stolen Bases!  Quit yer whining!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 04:11:59 PM »
If Jumbo is not going to play Reyes anyway, then I vote yes.  Why not let somebody benefit from the stats he's going to get.

Because it stacks the league and creates an unfair advantage. You can't allow somebody to pick up a top 10 player in the league off of free agency (which is what this is).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 04:16:39 PM »
Because it stacks the league and creates an unfair advantage. You can't allow somebody to pick up a top 10 player in the league off of free agency (which is what this is).

Well then change my vote to a NO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 04:26:10 PM »
I said we had 2 days...the trade went through. I don't really agree with it either, but no one voted. I am changing the thing back to league vote and if someone sees a trade, annouce it here.

As for Jumbo...I still don't understand why the hell you would do this. I really don't think there is any justification for this...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 05:11:46 PM »
Would all of you approved Magglio Ordonez and Jeff Francouer for Reyes and Zach Duke? 

That was the original trade. 

By the way, Reyes is on the trading block if anyone is interested. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions