Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fiesta Bowl

Skip

Fiesta Bowl
« on: January 03, 2008, 12:17:28 AM »
Two observations:

1. Stoops is a douche-bag coach who can’t win a big OOC game. I hope we get to play them next year.

2. Owen Schmidt is a great representative for his university. Did you see his post-game interview ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Fiesta Bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 12:48:58 AM »
Two observations:

1. Stoops is a douche-bag coach who can’t win a big OOC game. I hope we get to play them next year.

2. Owen Schmidt is a great representative for his university. Did you see his post-game interview ?

1. When will the voters learn that OU plays NOBODY? Stoops should just get a cup of STFU every time he opens his mouth.

2. What a heart. That guy has been living the dream for four years. I think someone in the NFL should take a chance on this guy. Backup FB and full time special teams. All heart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 08:31:02 AM »
I believe Schmitt said after the game that he was a huge proponent for keeping interim coach Bill Stewart on as head coach.  He said West Virginia would be "stupid not to hire him as head coach."  I tend to agree...he could out coach tator-tot, at the very least.

I'd like to see Auburn run their spread O at least half as good as West Virginia did last night.  I hope Burns was watching Patrick White run it.  That dude can pass AND run.  525 total yards in 25 minutes of ball possession? That's sick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 09:08:06 AM »
I was so glad to see Choklahoma get their asses handed to them again.  Stoops is a dickweed. 

This does change my opinion of the Auburn/WVU game next season, however.  If White and Slaton are back it should be a hell of a game.  Hell, even if Slaton is gone they still have Devine, who is every bit as good.  I'm not sure who else they lose to graduation this year, but it looks to be a big-time OOC game for us.  I'm just thankful we're not playing them the first game of the year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 03:00:16 PM »
Stoops has to be the worst big game coach out there.  This guy totally sucks when it comes to getting his team ready for a real game, against a tough out of conference team.  Congrats to WVU, and holy shit, Devine is fast.   :flash:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 03:05:09 PM »
Stoops has to be the worst big game coach out there.  This guy totally sucks when it comes to getting his team ready for a real game, against a tough out of conference team.  Congrats to WVU, and holy shit, Devine is fast.   :flash:

I hate to give Sabear any credit, but Noel Devine is a perfect example of what he was talking about a few months ago when he was referring to South Florida being able to take more risky players.  The Big East could take Devine, where as no SEC school could.  That's horse shit.  He is a hell of a talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions