Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Chizik hits town tonight

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Chizik hits town tonight
« on: June 04, 2009, 12:48:41 PM »
Going to see the corch at the Emerald Coast Auburn Club dinner tonight.  Any questions that we need answered?  No reasonable questions refused.  I reserve the right to determine, in my sole discretion, what is "reasonable".

I expect to hear a lot of coach-speak, non-committal crap, but I want to be in the same room with the guy to see how my Bullshit Meter reacts, if at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

JR4AU

Re: Chizik hits town tonight
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 12:52:45 PM »
Going to see the corch at the Emerald Coast Auburn Club dinner tonight.  Any questions that we need answered?  No reasonable questions refused.  I reserve the right to determine, in my sole discretion, what is "reasonable".

I expect to hear a lot of coach-speak, non-committal crap, but I want to be in the same room with the guy to see how my Bullshit Meter reacts, if at all.

Ask to see the pictures he's got on Jacobs that got him the gig. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 12:56:48 PM »
Ask him if he thinks he can win a National Championship at Auburn. Just leave it at that, no long follow up, no long per question jabber. Just, "Can you win a National Championship at Auburn University?".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »
Just a few thoughts here....

Ask him about the role of the QB in this system and if he should be more of an efficient pocket passer like the Spring game or will they expect a lot more running from him when they install the full offense.

Ask him about the chances, good or bad, of Tyrik Rollison making it to teh Planes.

Ask him about his role in the overall recruiting process and how he goes about making the determination to offer or not.  Is he real hands on or does he rely more on the recommendations of his assistants.

Does he feel that Onterrio can give them a true breakaway threat, both returning kicks and from the RB position.

Is he concerned about depth specifically at the LB position?  The starters look solid with very little experience behind them.  Also, does Spencer Pybus look ready to take a lead role on that unit?

Is Gabe McKenzie back and if so, does he project back at TE or DE? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 01:43:54 PM »
Just a few thoughts here....

Ask him about the role of the QB in this system and if he should be more of an efficient pocket passer like the Spring game or will they expect a lot more running from him when they install the full offense.

Ask him about the chances, good or bad, of Tyrik Rollison making it to teh Planes.

Ask him about his role in the overall recruiting process and how he goes about making the determination to offer or not.  Is he real hands on or does he rely more on the recommendations of his assistants.

Does he feel that Onterrio can give them a true breakaway threat, both returning kicks and from the RB position.

Is he concerned about depth specifically at the LB position?  The starters look solid with very little experience behind them.  Also, does Spencer Pybus look ready to take a lead role on that unit?

I think you should hop on the moped and make this show.  If you left now, you MIGHT make it.  :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 01:45:21 PM »
Why we didn't keep this SOB at TE is beyond me. He had some good plays as a DE dont get me wrong the guy is an athlete.  AS a TE though he was a load to bring down, remember Pope for UGA.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 01:46:15 PM »
On a side note, do you bill clients hourly? Rmind me never to use you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 01:49:56 PM »
On a side note, do you bill clients hourly? Rmind me never to use you.

When you're independently wealthy, who needs to work?  I just come here for some quiet times and surfing teh intrawebs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 01:56:17 PM »
Here's a funny question to break the intial ice:

Ask Coach if he likes to go Duck Hunting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

#1Bammer

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 02:16:56 PM »
 Ask him why his record is 5-19!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 02:17:48 PM »
Ask Chizik to call his scorned ex-boyfriend Greasy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 02:37:05 PM »
Ask him why his record is 5-19!

shouldn't you be at the bammer circle jerk over millner? They're waiting for you to play pivot man
 :stewie:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 02:49:16 PM »
Thanks to Steve for at least putting some thought into it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 03:39:13 PM »
Thanks to Steve for at least putting some thought into it.

I got nothin.  just win baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

boartitz

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 07:22:42 PM »
See what he thinks of Gus's offensive philosophy. If he buys it in it's entirety or if he will reserve the right to call his own plays.
I think this is at the crux of yall's pass/fail scenario for the next season.
If he gives Gus the reins, go with it. If the season is not a success, Gus has his neck stuck out.
If he hinders Gus, that's on Chizik's ass.
I'll bet Gus is willing to be a scapegoat if he gets a real chance to implement his system and it fails. If he gets a real chance, it probably will not fail.It hasn't failed anywhere else he has had a chance to implement it.
Yall have one of the best offensive minds in the nation on yalls staff. Use him for the best effect and yall will have fun watching what he does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 07:40:06 PM »
Ask him how he expects to outcoach the SEC when he couldn't outcoach the previous creampuffs he faced.
Or better yet ask him which road he is going to take out of town.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 09:59:36 PM »
Post event recap:

Chizik couldn't make it.  T-storms in AL made his return to Auburn uncertain and he has to be in Auburn in time for a camp tomorrow morning.  We got Luper instead and he promised not to give us "coach-speak" on any topic that he was allowed to discuss (no recruiting).

First: Luper is a funny guy and I can see why the recruits like him so much.  Very personable and very much at ease speaking to our crowd.

Topics covered:

1) O-line: best performing unit in the spring.  Solid at the starting positions, need depth.

2) RBs: Tate is going to get 1000+, no question in Luper's mind.  Fannin, Smith and McCalleb (sp?) will all have roles to play in this offense, but there will be emphasis on power running.

3) Gabe McKenzie will be playing on the offensive side of the ball this year.  He and Lutz will be a monster tandem.

4) Benton, Blake and another Fr WR will most likely contribute.  If we can find 3 consistent players on the current roster, then Luper thinks that WRs can be a strength of this team.

5) There will be times that the offense will run out of the shotgun near the goal line.

6) Gus is the brightest offensive coach that Luper has ever worked around.  Uniformly respected amongst the staff.  He has added bits of OSU's and AU's (traditional) offense to his own.  The emphasis will be on tempo (95% in the HUNH), but no meerkat peering at the sidelines after getting set. 

7) Defense is the stronger of the two units right now (thus running against the 2nd D at A-Day "so we could show some positive yardage").  D-Line is a force to be reckoned with.  Secondary has 6 players at CB that can all start.  Mike McNeil will be back by the 3rd or 4th game of the season.  Aairon Savage will play this year (called it miraculous after the severity of the injury sustained).  We'll play 5 DBs often to keep speed and athleticism on the field.

8) Tyrik Rollison has made his grades.  There is zero chance that he will not be in uniform this fall. 

9) QBs: the race is WIDE open. "Do not be surprised to see ANY of the kids under center. (this statement was made closely on the heels of #8...)

10) Clinton Durst is the only player on the team that can beat Luper at ping-pong.

I think that covers it.  If I think of anything else, I'll add it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 10:53:30 PM »
 :vn:  Good news about T-Roll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 11:26:05 PM »
Smart move on our part. Continue to keep chizik away from the faithful till the last possible second. It will help keep his weakness under wraps till hopefully something can be figured out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 11:55:47 PM »
Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,
Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,
Fixed
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 11:57:40 PM by Jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.