Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Project Natal

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Project Natal
« on: June 02, 2009, 08:30:10 AM »
I love this time of year with the software show going on.

Microsoft revealed a motion-sensing gadget for the Xbox 360 that it said will change the future of entertainment -- and not just play catch-up with Nintendo's Wii.

If it works as promised, the device could dramatically raise the ante in the competition between the Xbox, Wii and PlayStation and usher in a new era of immersive entertainment.

Code-named Project Natal, the device is a horizontal bar about nine inches wide and stuffed with cameras, depth sensors and array microphones.

It can detect the voices and motions of people nearby, so they can interact with an Xbox and games just by talking and moving their bodies.

Available 2010. Microsoft has already given game developers tools to start building games that uses the device.

At first it sounds like a challenger to Nintendo's Wii, which uses motion-sensitive controllers. but Natal recognizes gestures and motions made by the entire body without any sort of controller in the hand, Microsoft Vice President Shane Kim said.

"This goes way beyond the Wii," he said.

Natal will also add voice control, so users could walk up to an Xbox and use their voice to start a movie or check messages.

The device is intended to remove "barriers," making the Xbox more accessible to people who are intimidated by all the buttons and controls on a traditional game controller.

Example:

* You sign into your Xbox 360 by your face and you navigate with your hands... no controller needed

*Full control of your avatar just by moving your body in games...

*Full body tracking..
Example from a soccor game:

• You can hit balls with your hands
    • You can kick them with your feet
    • You can head butt the ball
    • You can use your stomach and hips to keep the ball in play
    • Any part of your body is part of the game and you has total control at all times
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Project Natal
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 09:06:26 AM »
That's kick ass!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 09:29:01 AM »
It should also be noted that Microsoft should put Taylor on retainer cause he's been doing these things for years....

• You can hit balls with your hands
    • You can kick them with your feet
    • You can head butt the ball
    • You can use your stomach and hips to keep the ball in play
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 02:13:25 PM »
It should also be noted that Microsoft should put Taylor on retainer cause he's been doing these things for years....

Bill Gates paid for my law school as a trade for ball managing technology.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 10:17:25 AM »
That's kick ass!

Hope it works better than this.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 10:22:52 AM »
Hope it works better than this.

Ah, 90's commercials...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 07:05:35 AM »
Microsoft's Project Natal motion camera for the Xbox 360 will launch worldwide this coming October, according to a company executive.

Syed Bilal Tari, marketing manager of the entertainment & devices division at Microsoft Saudi, confirmed the news on a recent TV interview with KSA2, a Saudi Arabian network (seen on YouTube).

Tari was unable to say what the specific dates were for each territory, only adding that Microsoft will be able to finalize its release after E3 next month. "We will be in the position to confirm the date after E3, which is in June, but definitely [Natal] is going to be October 2010," he said.

We've asked Microsoft for comment and we'll update this story when we hear back.

The company is set to unveil its launch lineup of titles for the device next month at E3 in Los Angeles. Two shows are planned, one separate Natal "World Premiere" event on Sunday, June 13, followed by Microsoft's Media Briefing the next day.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 12:02:08 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 08:54:49 AM »

Says the guy who plays COD on PS3
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions