You Moo's sure know how to party.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Scared Bammers
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2009, 12:27:28 AM »
You can provide them with food.

I don't know how many unofficial recruiting trips you've been on, but the university cannot provide you with any food or drinks if it is not an official visit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2009, 01:29:33 AM »
They can provide food and drink...provided that you pay for the plate and drink, which is usually not that much at all.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 01:33:10 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2009, 10:35:20 AM »
I think the whole food and drink thing is moot. Whether it is a violation or not, seriously, if some kid commits to AU because they provided pie, cake, and watermelon, then whatever. A little weird, but if thats all it took to win the kid over, then that kid was probably going to pick AU anyway. I think the issue at hand, and the only one I see even being an issue, is having an obviously organized recruiting event. Even one of the AU beat writers called it that. Aubie was there. AU PD was asked to help with traffic and crowd control beforehand. Assistant coaches were there. It was obviously organized. Whether it was Luper or Taylor or Joe Blow calling those recruits names, it would still be a violation. If the name of a recruit were to be blasted over the stadium PA system or if his picture were on the jumbo tron during say the A-Day game, it would be a violation. It doesn't HAVE to be committed by a coach.

Part of the Rivals video of the event did show an AU assistant coach calling names. There was an original video posted on AU's Rivals site. After it was up for about 45 minutes, it was quickly taken offline for a few hours and then reposted and cut almost in half, removing any coaches from it. There are videos on other AU blogs and pictures showing assistant coaches there as well. I don't think the point could possibly be argued that assistant coaches were there. You could argue whether they were calling the names at any point or not, but it doesn't matter. All it matters is that SOMEBODY was calling their full names, city and state of residence before they each threw a roll, and it was at an organized recruiting event.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2009, 10:54:55 AM »
They can provide food and drink...provided that you pay for the plate and drink, which is usually not that much at all.

"Provide"

Another word not in Prowler's lexicon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2009, 11:16:34 AM »
RWS, you sure are worried about what Auburn is doing. Are you really that worried about it? It can be argued that the event was "impromtu". Was it? Probably not...but it is pushing the rules that are not clearly defined by the NCAA. Sound familiar? If Saban had done this, you would be praising him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2009, 11:56:53 AM »
Here's the thing.  Everybody here but me is a hypocrite.  I exclude myself because I am pointing out the hypocrisy. 

When Saban "bumped" into a recruit in Memphis or Miami, people here were absolutely shitting their pants and calling him the biggest cheater since those carnival doinks Andy Griffith caught swapping the pellet gun on Opie.  Those secondary violations were clear indicators of a pervasive pattern of cheating and were the tip of an iceberg that was going to sink his Titanic.  Saban willfully flouted the rules.

On the other side, Bama fans were praising his relentlessness. Their dicks fell completely off from masturbating over his recruiting focus. They pounded their nuts into gleeful mush when a rule was named after him.  It showed his innovation, his creativity and his tenacity. Nobody was better at playing the rules than Nick "Don't call me God, that would be an insult -- to me" Saban.

Meanwhile, most here downplayed recruiting. It didn't really mean shit, it was what you did after you got the kids that mattered.  Stars were bullshit and only had relevance to idiots. 

And then....

Now AU is getting mention (albeit largely only among our own people and a few bama fans) over its recruiting efforts that might have strayed beyond the pale.  Now it's being portrayed as creative.  It shows focus, intensity, passion.

Except Bama fans are decrying it as most odious.

Stars and rankings matter.  To us now. 

Fuck. 

It's a hypocrite convention. 

Just stop already. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2009, 12:00:37 PM »
Here's the thing.  Everybody here but me is a hypocrite.  I exclude myself because I am pointing out the hypocrisy. 

When Saban "bumped" into a recruit in Memphis or Miami, people here were absolutely shitting their pants and calling him the biggest cheater since those carnival doinks Andy Griffith caught swapping the pellet gun on Opie.  Those secondary violations were clear indicators of a pervasive pattern of cheating and were the tip of an iceberg that was going to sink his Titanic.  Saban willfully flouted the rules.

On the other side, Bama fans were praising his relentlessness. Their dicks fell completely off from masturbating over his recruiting focus. They pounded their nuts into gleeful mush when a rule was named after him.  It showed his innovation, his creativity and his tenacity. Nobody was better at playing the rules than Nick "Don't call me God, that would be an insult -- to me" Saban.

Meanwhile, most here downplayed recruiting. It didn't really mean shit, it was what you did after you got the kids that mattered.  Stars were bullshit and only had relevance to idiots. 

And then....

Now AU is getting mention (albeit largely only among our own people and a few bama fans) over its recruiting efforts that might have strayed beyond the pale.  Now it's being portrayed as creative.  It shows focus, intensity, passion.

Fuck. 

Just stop already. 

You got a link for any of that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2009, 12:03:29 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2009, 12:38:16 PM »
http://www.tigersx.com/forum

You know better than to rely on a bunch of message board yahoos to back your position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2009, 12:40:41 PM »

And then....

Fuck. 

Just stop already. 

I'm not sure a lot of AU fans are saying it's okay to violate rules - secondary or not.  If in the end, we self report secondary violations from Big Cat Weekend, I won't expect anything harsh to happen, but I will expect us not to continue to do events like Big Cat Weekend if they lead to violations.  Nick Saban is known for violating the bump rule repeatedly.  It's secondary and the NCAA really doesn't care, but it's still dirty.  I would hope Auburn fans don't expect to do the same.  

Also, I'd like to add that I never once said recruiting doesn't matter.  It matters big time.  I said it once before - Alabama is going to be a/the top program in the SEC for at least three more years unless the rumors and smoke turn out to be true.    If we can't land these stud recruits, we're in for a long dark era of Auburn football.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2009, 12:56:36 PM »
RWS, you sure are worried about what Auburn is doing. Are you really that worried about it? It can be argued that the event was "impromtu". Was it? Probably not...but it is pushing the rules that are not clearly defined by the NCAA. Sound familiar? If Saban had done this, you would be praising him.
Sure, it could be argued that it was impromptu, sure. I could argue that Hitler was the greatest humanitarian ever. It wouldn't necessarily make either of those statements true.If CNS held a similar event as the "Big Cat" weekend, I would not praise him. Feel free to save that wherever you feel you need to so you can call me out on it later, if it ever happens. If we ever had to do the whole cake/pie/watermelon eating contest, or limo appearances, I would wonder what the hell has happened that we can't sell a recruit on working hard and busting his ass. Landing a blue-chip recruit because you throw neat birthday parties, and drive limos to his school is one thing. Landing them when they know they are in it to work hard and go through some hell, thats another.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 01:01:18 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2009, 12:59:02 PM »
or limo appearances, I would wonder what the hell has happened that we can't sell a recruit on working hard and busting his ass.

This is what my initial reaction to the Tiger Prowl was as well.  I have resigned myself to the fact that I am old and no longer understand what is hip and cool.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 01:07:46 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2009, 01:03:37 PM »
Not me Kaos. The only thing that I have said about saban is that he is fucking relentless when it comes to recruiting and was kicking our ass. I don't care about the text book thing (unless players were blatantly getting money), I didn't care about the "bump" thing...or the video conferencing thing. I just shook my head and said..."God damn that fucker uses any means necessary". I was pissed the Tubby wasn't doing the same thing. I was pissed that Tubby was sitting back and just letting it happen. But I wasn't pissed at Saban for pushing the envelope.

Now the roles are reversed and these same fuckers that were defending Saban "pushing the envelope" are the same ones crying foul. I can stand up to these fuckers and call bullshit...because I didn't say shit when Saban was the one "getting creative".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2009, 01:04:40 PM »
I'm not sure a lot of AU fans are saying it's okay to violate rules - secondary or not.  If in the end, we self report secondary violations from Big Cat Weekend, I won't expect anything harsh to happen, but I will expect us not to continue to do events like Big Cat Weekend if they lead to violations.  Nick Saban is known for violating the bump rule repeatedly.  It's secondary and the NCAA really doesn't care, but it's still dirty.  I would hope Auburn fans don't expect to do the same.  

Also, I'd like to add that I never once said recruiting doesn't matter.  It matters big time.  I said it once before - Alabama is going to be a/the top program in the SEC for at least three more years unless the rumors and smoke turn out to be true.    If we can't land these stud recruits, we're in for a long dark era of Auburn football.  

I don't want Auburn violating rules...but these nitpicky secondary violations happen primarily out of ignorance of the obscure rules in the first place.  It's why it's not a primary serious violation in the first place.  Report it, make sure you don't do it again, move on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2009, 01:10:14 PM »
Sure, it could be argued that it was impromptu, sure. I could argue that Hitler was the greatest humanitarian ever. It wouldn't necessarily make either of those statements true.If CNS held a similar event as the "Big Cat" weekend, I would not praise him. Feel free to save that wherever you feel you need to so you can call me out on it later, if it ever happens. If we ever had to do the whole cake/pie/watermelon eating contest, or limo appearances, I would wonder what the hell has happened that we can't sell a recruit on working hard and busting his ass. Landing a blue-chip recruit because you throw neat birthday parties, and drive limos to his school is one thing. Landing them when they know they are in it to work hard and go through some hell, thats another.

You're naive as hell if you think Saban and bammer just waltz in and announce their presence and get recruits to sign up.  The rule about not being able to announce a kids name...it's a fairly new rule...why?  Recruiters used that "trick".  They used to have lockers geared up with recruits names on jerseys in the locker rooms...they outlawed that too.  Auburn/Chizik didn't invent any of this shit.  If you think bammer doesn't "recruit" by selling what 18-19 year old kids want, you're fucking delusional. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2009, 02:33:40 PM »
You're naive as hell if you think Saban and bammer just waltz in and announce their presence and get recruits to sign up.  The rule about not being able to announce a kids name...it's a fairly new rule...why?  Recruiters used that "trick".  They used to have lockers geared up with recruits names on jerseys in the locker rooms...they outlawed that too.  Auburn/Chizik didn't invent any of this shit.  If you think bammer doesn't "recruit" by selling what 18-19 year old kids want, you're fucking delusional. 
Naw, it's cuz our 12 nashnul champeenships (All of which, including the 1992 one, have now taken place before recruits were even born.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2009, 07:56:56 PM »
Landing a blue-chip recruit because you throw neat birthday parties, and drive limos to his school is one thing. Landing them when they know they are in it to work hard and go through some hell, thats another.

You don't think the video conferencing was a gimmick?  No different than the limos.  Neither were necessary, just a way to impress the recruits with cool toys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2009, 08:11:53 PM »
     You don't think the video conferencing was a gimmick?  No different than the limos.  Neither were necessary, just a way to impress the recruits with cool toys.
I would think the teleconferencing would be handy to speak "face to face" (the NCAA counts it as a telephone call) with a recruit that you can't get down to see at the time. In todays day of teh intrawebs, I'm not so sure thats all that fancy schmancy to a recruit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2009, 08:37:38 PM »
Is having a psychic channell the bears dead ghost to speak to a recruit a violation?
:bow:
All hail dead bears!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.