Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

5/19 Slimebomb Article

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: 5/19 Slimebomb Article
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2009, 11:15:24 PM »
You don't understand the difference between the collective "you" and the specific individual "you"?? 

You're here ascribing attitudes and concepts to the entire Auburn fanbase based on the muddled arguments of a couple of fringe participants.   That would be the same as saying the entire Auburn fanbase wants Chizik and Jacobs tied together at the nutsack and thrown into the lake just because one person has that idea. 

Your view of the Tebow circus CERTAINLY doesn't represent the mainstream Bama fan.   Nor does your characterization of a few extremist views fit that of the majority of us. 

You're arguing with the most extreme, which is a failed exercise from the start. 
Perhaps my point would be better served by being more specific and saying that a majority of Auburn fans that I have seen post on message boards have bought into the "almost" way of thinking. I have seen those that share the same view that I do, but the majority of what I have seen posted on different boards embraces this ideology. I do understand that even though it may be the majority of what I see on message boards, it also doesn't represent the whole AU fanbase. It is simply what I have witnessed. Even though it was worded as such, it wasn't my intention to generalize the whole fanbase.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 06:26:54 AM »
Ah, nice.

I'm a Crown & Coke man myself. Martinis are disgusting. Its amazing what you will try Crown with when you are beyond shitfaced and you are out of Coke or Sprite. Mountain Dew, Cherry 7-UP, Barq's, etc. Crown and Barq's is especially interesting.
Maker's Mark, 1792, Woodford Reserve with 2 ice cubes, anything else ruins the drink, just pour Kentucky Gentleman if your going to kill the taste with coke!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 08:22:52 AM »
Perhaps my point would be better served by being more specific and saying that a majority of Auburn fans that I have seen post on message boards have bought into the "almost" way of thinking. I have seen those that share the same view that I do, but the majority of what I have seen posted on different boards embraces this ideology. I do understand that even though it may be the majority of what I see on message boards, it also doesn't represent the whole AU fanbase. It is simply what I have witnessed. Even though it was worded as such, it wasn't my intention to generalize the whole fanbase.

And.....

You are the only Bama fan I have ever seen who was not enamored by the "Tebow almost picked US!!!"  mancrushing.  And as you only offer this viewpoint in retrospect, I must therefore assume that every single Bama fan in the entire universe behaved in exactly the same manner as you now claim Auburn fans are doing. 

So, again I ask you.  Why is this alleged behavior now such a travesty when every single one of your kind was fully involved in such acts not so long ago? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 08:27:35 AM »
Maker's Mark, 1792, Woodford Reserve with 2 ice cubes, anything else ruins the drink, just pour Kentucky Gentleman if your going to kill the taste with coke!

This man knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 08:38:06 AM »
So, again I ask you.  Why is this alleged behavior now such a travesty when every single one of your kind was fully involved in such acts not so long ago? 

Because....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 09:47:11 AM »
This Tebow talk reminded me of an encounter with a local Bama fan who shall remain nameless.  Oh hell, his name is Virgil and he's been a bouncer at a local dive for years.  Well, Virgil is your stereotypical sidewalk fan.  Never been to Tuscaloosa but wears the colors every day and never stops talking Tahd football.  I would see him every afternoon at Gold's Gym and without fail, Virgil would come up with a wry smile, no matter what time of year it was and try to rib me about something or other Auburn or Alabama related. 

"Sooo...whatchu thank the Tahd's gonna' do to Ole Miss...?"

When the whole Tebow circus got rolling in high speed, that was the daily topic.  "When we sign ole Tebow, they ain't gonna' be no stoppin' the Tahd.  He's already a lock cause Bama's got all the tradishun and championships.  He wants to play for a winner."  It was a daily grind.  I was pulling up in the parking lot listening to the radio when Tebow was making his historic announcement to the Gaytors.  The first thing that came to mind was.."Where's Virgil?"

I walked inside and spotted him and another Bama buddy across the room.  I calmly walked up and said, "Well, looks like ole Timmy T decided Gainesville is the place for him.  Just announced".  I'm going to give everyone 3 guesses what the immediate response was.  Now the first two guesses don't count.  Okay..GO

Have you got it?  Yep, that's right.

"Awww...we didn't  really need him anyway.  We got 5 quarterbacks on campus right now that could start for anybody in the nation.  He'd just be in the mix.  Probably a wasted skollership.  Good luck at Florida gettin' yer ass kicked by the Tahd..."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2009, 09:51:40 AM »
Your coach lucked into 5 wins in the Big 12, but he's a God according to you. Uh-oh, I questioned Chizik's deity status. I guess this means you're going to have to take his penis out of your mouth to tell me how wrong I am. Should you really be casting stones?
Whoa whoa whoa, I'm a little behind in this thread, but hold the phone.

Link to where I said Gene Chizik is a God? Or Prowler or anyone else for that matter? That is a licensed bammer trademark. I know it's hard for you to understand that every school doesn't treat every coach like Xerces, but the internal debate with Auburn fans has been whether he is a complete piece of shit or someone who is doing a fine job so far with the cards he's dealt. NO ONE is deifying the man. No one is even suggesting he is great by any definition at this point.

To bammers, Bahr Brahnt created the heavens and earth in one day. Skip to the seventh day where he created football. Every coach since then has been painted next to a shadowy Bahr leaning up against the goal post as if to approve. All nine. That's of course, because each one is said to be the prophet. Bahr incarnate. Bahr's soul lives and breathes through the present coach. The second coming. Then somehow every darn one is proven to be a false prophet. The tale is yet to be told on this one. Could this time really for real, no take-backs be the chosen one?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 09:53:48 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2009, 10:34:48 AM »
I have a hiatal hernia and if I drink any liquor straight it fucks my stomach up something fierce. I've mainly had to switch to Sprite with my Crown because the caffeine in Coke makes my stomach hurt if I drink way too much.

Some fucker told me one time that Canadian Mist was the closest you would find to the taste of Crown at a fraction of the cost. Nasty. Shit. Maker's Mark is pretty good stuff, though. For some reason I don't find much difference between Crown and Jack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2009, 11:09:44 AM »
Whoa whoa whoa, I'm a little behind in this thread, but hold the phone.

Link to where I said Gene Chizik is a God? Or Prowler or anyone else for that matter? That is a licensed bammer trademark. I know it's hard for you to understand that every school doesn't treat every coach like Xerces, but the internal debate with Auburn fans has been whether he is a complete piece of shit or someone who is doing a fine job so far with the cards he's dealt. NO ONE is deifying the man. No one is even suggesting he is great by any definition at this point.

To bammers, Bahr Brahnt created the heavens and earth in one day. Skip to the seventh day where he created football. Every coach since then has been painted next to a shadowy Bahr leaning up against the goal post as if to approve. All nine. That's of course, because each one is said to be the prophet. Bahr incarnate. Bahr's soul lives and breathes through the present coach. The second coming. Then somehow every darn one is proven to be a false prophet. The tale is yet to be told on this one. Could this time really for real, no take-backs be the chosen one?

Do I condone whan my other fans may think? No, not always. Bear Bryant is dead. He was a great coach, but we're long overdue to move on. Our fanbase is slowly slowly slowly turning its head from the past and living in the future. Key word: SLOWLY. CNS is partly to thank for this for sometimes bitchslapping our fanbase and telling them they are some unrealistic motherfuckers and need to get their heads on straight. I post on BOL from time to time now. In years prior, I wouldn't dare post there because I was embarassed at how they acted. To them, a 7-6 season was celebrated and an obvious sign we were back on our way to the national stage. They acted just like some of the AU fans act today. AU was having success, so every time AU landed a good recruit they were cheating. Everytime anything happened at AU, they were guilty of something and there were childish "I didn't get my way!" accusations. Its embarassing.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2009, 11:43:52 AM »

I have to disagree, I sometimes drink KY Gentleman when I want to drink hard for a few days straight b/c it's cheap, but never mix with coke.  If you mix KY Gentleman with anything (or any bourbon for that matter) chase it with a shot of water.  It will also help keep you hydrated and the hangover won't be as bad. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2009, 11:49:34 AM »
I have a hiatal hernia and if I drink any liquor straight it fucks my stomach up something fierce. I've mainly had to switch to Sprite with my Crown because the caffeine in Coke makes my stomach hurt if I drink way too much.

Some fucker told me one time that Canadian Mist was the closest you would find to the taste of Crown at a fraction of the cost. Nasty. Shit. Maker's Mark is pretty good stuff, though. For some reason I don't find much difference between Crown and Jack.

Stick with Maker's Mark of Knob Creek.....if you want something cheaper Dickel no.12 is hard to beat.  Now if you want to binge drink or need really cheap, KY Gentleman is the way to go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2009, 04:07:07 PM »

Seagram's 7 is the best cheap Blended Whiskey and the closest to Crown Royal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2009, 04:16:35 PM »
I agree with RWS, Canadian Mist is some nasty shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »
I drink beer  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2009, 09:38:39 PM »
White Russians for me, thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2009, 09:17:17 AM »
White Russians for me, thanks.

The Dude abides.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2009, 09:26:15 AM »
Seagram's 7 is the best cheap Blended Whiskey and the closest to Crown Royal.

Mix it with some 7Up and you got yourself a partaee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2009, 10:45:25 AM »
Ah, nice.

I'm a Crown & Coke man myself. Martinis are disgusting. Its amazing what you will try Crown with when you are beyond shitfaced and you are out of Coke or Sprite. Mountain Dew, Cherry 7-UP, Barq's, etc. Crown and Barq's is especially interesting.

It's a seasonal thing.  Martinis or Gin and Tonic in warm weather, Crown on the rocks in cool weather.  Nobody with a sliver of class fucks up Crown with Coke. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2009, 01:07:17 PM »
Okay, just a sidebar here.  Never talk smack while sipping a martini.  Especially a Sapphire martini.  Lie and say beer or bourbon or shots of tequila or something.  It's just that the GET FUCKED kind of loses it's punch when you admit to sipping a martini.  MMkay?

Carry on!!
You ever had a Gin Martini? Far from pansy.

- Just sayin
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2009, 01:15:41 PM »
You ever had a Gin Martini? Far from pansy.

- Just sayin

Yeah, I can see it now.

"As soon as I finish this Gin Martini, I'm gonna' bitch slap your ass....really hard...you bitch."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."