Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

5/19 Slimebomb Article

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: 5/19 Slimebomb Article
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 04:08:54 PM »
No I'm not missing shit.  You're the one that just can't get through his thick fucking skull and in to that pile of shit you call a brain that national signing day is 9 months away, and the results, whatever they are, are yet to be known.  An "edge in recruiting"?  Good PR for the school and new staff?  Not an edge at all.  But you fucking idiots keep trying to convince us that since no commits have been made to Auburn since then, that it's a complete failure.  At worst, at the very worst, it did ZERO harm, none, nada, zilch!  At best it showed recruits Auburn was back out on the road working and paying attention to the kids in state.  And to not believe that. to not fucking even acknowledge it, you have to completely ignore all that was said by the kids, and their coaches.  Facts never seem to get in the way with you fucking morons!  You keep on spewing your obnoxiously stupid bullshit here, but it will be better received on by your dumbass bammer buddies elsewhere.  The fact that it's been almost a month and you dumbfucks are still talking about it and still trying to convince us it didn't work is proof positive it did!  
Again, my point is, so far it has not worked. Craig Sanders is just one of those kids that spoke very highly of the Tiger Prowl, for example. If you would unwad your panties for two seconds and actually read what I say, you would understand my point. UP TO THIS POINT, I think it is premature to call the Tiger Prowl a "national success" relative to its ultimate goal of landing commitments. In 9 months if you land every guy that the Prowl targeted, with the exception of Sanders, or a majority of them, or a handful, thats one thing. I would call that fairly successful relative to its goal. However, at this point, I don't see how it is successful relative to its goal of having recruits commit. NSD may be 9 months away, but we have verbal commits from ½ our signing class right now. Also, when you talk about us still talking about it being proof positive that it got AU some attention? Yeah, it got you some attention with Alabama fans. But just realize, we weren't laughing with you, we were laughing at you.  :thumbsup:

So far, the Tiger Prowl has not accomplished its main goal of commitments. For that matter, one of its' targets has said "Thanks, but no thanks." to AU after speaking very highly of The Prowl.  Nobody knows what might happen the next 9 months, though.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 04:14:47 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 04:14:21 PM »
I think it's reasonable to assume that recruits are taking a wait and see approach to Auburn right now.  I can't say that I'd blame them.  It's premature to say that the limo was a failure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 04:16:15 PM »
I think it's reasonable to assume that recruits are taking a wait and see approach to Auburn right now.  I can't say that I'd blame them.  It's premature to say that the limo was a failure.
I agree, its reasonable to believe that alot of kids will see how the season plays out and see what Chizik's coaching style, etc is. I agree that its premature to say its a total failure, but I would also say its premature to say it is a "national success" as well.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 04:16:55 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 04:23:18 PM »
I agree, its reasonable to believe that alot of kids will see how the season plays out and see what Chizik's coaching style, etc is. I agree that its premature to say its a total failure, but I would also say its premature to say it is a "national success" as well.

So, saying it's a failure is okay...just not a total failure?  Gotcha.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 04:32:38 PM »
Again, my point is, so far it has not worked. Craig Sanders is just one of those kids that spoke very highly of the Tiger Prowl, for example. If you would unwad your panties for two seconds and actually read what I say, you would understand my point. UP TO THIS POINT, I think it is premature to call the Tiger Prowl a "national success" relative to its ultimate goal of landing commitments. In 9 months if you land every guy that the Prowl targeted, with the exception of Sanders, or a majority of them, or a handful, thats one thing. I would call that fairly successful relative to its goal. However, at this point, I don't see how it is successful relative to its goal of having recruits commit. NSD may be 9 months away, but we have verbal commits from ½ our signing class right now. Also, when you talk about us still talking about it being proof positive that it got AU some attention? Yeah, it got you some attention with Alabama fans. But just realize, we weren't laughing with you, we were laughing at you.  :thumbsup:

So far, the Tiger Prowl has not accomplished its main goal of commitments. For that matter, one of its' targets has said "Thanks, but no thanks." to AU after speaking very highly of The Prowl.  Nobody knows what might happen the next 9 months, though.

"The ultimate goal of landing recruits" is what you say the goal was.  The goal was, to create a stir.  Get noticed.  Was landing recruits part of that goal?  Absolutely!  Did any Auburn people expect the class would immediately fill up, or it would be considered a failure?  No, that's for you bammers.  I can read "up to this point" too.  Can you read, signing day is 9 months away?  The only way this could have been called a failure at any point is if recruits, their coaches, or parents had announced they thought is was stupid, and that it turned them off.  Find me one that said that.  And I mean one of the target audience, not some bammer, or some media hack.  Find me a quote from a kid being recruited that was negative.  (Not landing a particular recruit that saw the limo doesn't count)  And quit playing little interweb games: "get your panties out of a wad"...grow up! 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 04:43:04 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 04:41:42 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »
"The ultimate goal of landing recruits" is what you say the goal was.  The goal was, to create a stir.  Get noticed.  Was laning recruits part of that goal?  Absolutely!  Did any Auburn people expect the class would immediately fill up, or it would be considered a failure?  No, that's for you bammers.  I can read "up to this point" too.  Can you read, signing day is 9 months away?  The only way this could have been called a failure at any point is if recruits, their coaches, or parents had announced they thought is was stupid, and that it turned them off.  Find me one that said that.  And I mean one of the target audience, not some bammer, or some media hack.  Find me a quote from a kid being recruited that was negative.  (Not landing a particular recruit that saw the limo doesn't count)  And quit playing little interweb games: "get your panties out of a wad"...grow up! 
If you check the quotes by Curtis Luper that I posted in a previous post, its pretty obvious that the purpose is to eventually land recruits. Ultimately, what they THINK doesn't matter. Its what they DO that counts. What I'm trying to explain to you is if you guys have 10 kids that it targeted, and all 10 of those kids were highly impressed and thought it was genius, but all 10 of those kids decided to go elsewhere to pursue a college career, what does it matter? Lately it seems that AU fans have been getting themselves pumped up that "Oh, this guy is highly rated and he visited us, but went somewhere else. Still, that means we're doing better in recruiting." You guys have basically become content with going home and jerking off over a chick that you think is cute, instead of banging the prom queen.

I could be a high school kid and run around naked with a whip cream hat on my head right in front of the prom queen to get her to like me. She may talk about how brave that is to run around naked in front of everybody, and how big my dick is. But at the end of the day, it doesn't mean she's guaranteed to go on a date with me.  
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 04:51:31 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 04:50:54 PM »
You guys have basically become content with going home and jerking off over a really cute chick the prom queen, instead of banging the prom queen a chick that is really cute.  

Fixed that for you. If you are going to make fun of us, at least do it in the right context...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 04:52:06 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 04:54:16 PM »
Ultimately, what they THINK doesn't matter. Its what they DO that counts. What I'm trying to explain to you is if you guys have 10 kids that it targeted, and all 10 of those kids were highly impressed and thought it was genius, but all 10 of those kids decided to go elsewhere to pursue a college career, what does it matter? Lately it seems that AU fans have been getting themselves pumped up that "Oh, this guy is highly rated and he visited us, but went somewhere else. Still, that means we're doing better in recruiting." You guys have basically become content with going home and jerking off over a chick that you think is cute, instead of banging the prom queen.

I could be a high school kid and run around naked with a whip cream hat on my head right in front of the prom queen to get her to like me. She may talk about how brave that is to run around naked in front of everybody, and how big my dick is. But at the end of the day, it doesn't mean she's guaranteed to go on a date with me.  

I'm sorry, you're right, it was a complete failure.  You've convinced me completely.  I have no idea what I was thinking.  Your work here is done!   You can go with the confidence that you've made a difference in the world today.

Motherfucker you idiots just never quit trying to force the rest of the world to see it your way, and your way only!  And you put whatever arbitrary parameters that make it work for you on whatever bullshit you're spewing.  Saban has the whole lot of you convince he's the only recruiter worth a shit in college football, and that everybody else just needs to give up.   Bammer's complete, unmitigated, unmatched, misplaced, and unwarranted arrogance knows no bounds!  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 05:01:58 PM »
I'm sorry, you're right, it was a complete failure.  You've convinced me completely.  I have no idea what I was thinking.  Your work here is done!   You can go with the confidence that you've made a difference in the world today.

Motherfucker you idiots just never quit trying to force the rest of the world to see it your way, and your way only!  And you put whatever arbitrary parameters that make it work for you on whatever bullshit you're spewing.  Saban has the whole lot of you convince he's the only recruiter worth a shit in college football, and that everybody else just needs to give up.   Bammer's complete, unmitigated, unmatched, misplaced, and unwarranted arrogance knows no bounds!  
Go home, take one Tekturna, and call me in the morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 05:39:45 PM »
Go home, take one Tekturna, and call me in the morning.

When you can't defend your postion with fact, resort to internet childishness.  I'm surprised you didn't hit me with a straight up: "Seems I struck a nerve" bullshit.   Or maybe the ultimatly lame: "you need to lay off the caffine".  Contrary to popular internet lore, I don't have to be the slightest bit aggrevated to tell you to "GET FUCKED".  I can do it without spilling drop of my freshly poured to the brim, icy cold Sapphire Martini. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 06:01:14 PM »
When you can't defend your postion with fact, resort to internet childishness.  I'm surprised you didn't hit me with a straight up: "Seems I struck a nerve" bullshit.   Or maybe the ultimatly lame: "you need to lay off the caffine".  Contrary to popular internet lore, I don't have to be the slightest bit aggrevated to tell you to "GET FUCKED".  I can do it without spilling drop of my freshly poured to the brim, icy cold Sapphire Martini. 
I'm perfectly capable of defending my position with fact, as I have been doing. You're just choosing to view it through your Orange and Blue glasses and changing what I say into what is best for you to flame. Learn the meaning of the phrases "so far", "up to this point", "at this point", and actually read what I am posting and then use a little judgement. I swear, you only pluck one or two sentences out and flame upon that instead of reading the whole thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »

Okay, just a sidebar here.  Never talk smack while sipping a martini.  Especially a Sapphire martini.  Lie and say beer or bourbon or shots of tequila or something.  It's just that the GET FUCKED kind of loses it's punch when you admit to sipping a martini.  MMkay?

Carry on!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 06:12:44 PM »
You guys have basically become content with going home and jerking off over a chick that you think is cute, instead of banging the prom queen.  

See:  Mike Shula stalking Tim Tebow. 

I remember the conversations well.  "The very fact that Tebow would CONSIDER Alabama is clear evidence of Shula's recruiting ability and shows that Bama is staying in the game on a national scale.  The fact that Tebow considered UA, beats the shit out of the fact that Auburn actually signed some guys, you stupid FUCKS.." 

So, young feller, which is it? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2009, 06:32:59 PM »
See:  Mike Shula stalking Tim Tebow. 

I remember the conversations well.  "The very fact that Tebow would CONSIDER Alabama is clear evidence of Shula's recruiting ability and shows that Bama is staying in the game on a national scale.  The fact that Tebow considered UA, beats the shit out of the fact that Auburn actually signed some guys, you stupid FUCKS.." 

So, young feller, which is it? 
I never was much big on the whole recruiting thing when Tebow was recruited, so I'm not going to make excuses for what other people said. However, hypothetically speaking, if the same thing happened now, I still feel the same as I have previously posted. It doesn't make a shit to me how close we came or didn't come to signing Tebow. The fact is he just won his second national championship, and it wasn't for Alabama. At this point it doesn't matter if he thought Alabama was the best thing since sliced bread, and its where he always dreamed of playing. What he actually did is what matters. Do I wish we would have signed him? You bet your sweet ass. We didn't, so how close we were is irrelevant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2009, 06:34:13 PM »
Okay, just a sidebar here.  Never talk smack while sipping a martini.  Especially a Sapphire martini.  Lie and say beer or bourbon or shots of tequila or something.  It's just that the GET FUCKED kind of loses it's punch when you admit to sipping a martini.  MMkay?

Carry on!!
I was picturing him doing the pinky thing as I replied. Totally kills the intimidation factor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2009, 09:01:30 PM »
I was picturing him doing the pinky thing as I replied. Totally kills the intimidation factor.

I was going with Charles Winchester III from M.A.S.H.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2009, 09:15:14 PM »
I was going with Charles Winchester III from M.A.S.H.
Ah, nice.

I'm a Crown & Coke man myself. Martinis are disgusting. Its amazing what you will try Crown with when you are beyond shitfaced and you are out of Coke or Sprite. Mountain Dew, Cherry 7-UP, Barq's, etc. Crown and Barq's is especially interesting.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 09:16:44 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2009, 09:24:04 PM »
I can do it without spilling drop of my freshly poured to the brim, icy cold Sapphire Martini. 

fag
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2009, 10:31:36 PM »
I never was much big on the whole recruiting thing when Tebow was recruited, so I'm not going to make excuses for what other people said. However, hypothetically speaking, if the same thing happened now, I still feel the same as I have previously posted. It doesn't make a shit to me how close we came or didn't come to signing Tebow. The fact is he just won his second national championship, and it wasn't for Alabama. At this point it doesn't matter if he thought Alabama was the best thing since sliced bread, and its where he always dreamed of playing. What he actually did is what matters. Do I wish we would have signed him? You bet your sweet ass. We didn't, so how close we were is irrelevant.

You don't understand the difference between the collective "you" and the specific individual "you"?? 

You're here ascribing attitudes and concepts to the entire Auburn fanbase based on the muddled arguments of a couple of fringe participants.   That would be the same as saying the entire Auburn fanbase wants Chizik and Jacobs tied together at the nutsack and thrown into the lake just because one person has that idea. 

Your view of the Tebow circus CERTAINLY doesn't represent the mainstream Bama fan.   Nor does your characterization of a few extremist views fit that of the majority of us. 

You're arguing with the most extreme, which is a failed exercise from the start. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 10:33:03 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.