Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos' way behind movie reviews

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #3280 on: January 14, 2023, 09:27:36 AM »
Screw that anti gun asshole making money off of  guns.
Not one red cent!

He pees his pants a lot in real life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3281 on: January 15, 2023, 06:23:32 PM »
He pees his pants a lot in real life.

Same with Costner. The gun part. Not sure if he pees his pants.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3282 on: January 17, 2023, 06:30:02 PM »
Jurassic Something: Dumbination somwhere

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. 

I'd rather watch VelociPastor. 

It was so, so, so, so, bad. 

Laura Dern and Sam Neill looked like they were ashamed to be there, but needed the paycheck. 
Chris Pratt looked like he'd be happier with a fake raccoon.
Dallas Howard looked like Opie. She chubby.
Goldblum's eccentricity was the only thing that held it together and even that felt forced. He's better in the apartments.com ads.
BD Wong? C'mon man. Don't debase yourself.

Story:
Giant bugs eat all the crops, dinosaurs, clones who get pregnant without a man, afterthought dinosaurs.  Oh, the movie is over so let's do a voice-over for five minutes to wrap it up. 

GARBAGE.   Give me $93 and two rolls of toilet paper and I could draw a film better than this.  They had $93 million and this giant pile of bronto turds is what we got?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3283 on: January 24, 2023, 02:04:03 PM »
 Oscar Nominations

Once again I've seen almost none of the nominated films/actors.  Of the ten films nominated for Best Picture, I've seen one.  Banshees if Inisherin (reviewed on Pg 164 of this thread). 

Avatar? No. Elvis? Fuck no. Top Gun? No, but probably will. All Quiet on the Western Front? Maybe in the 70s or something. Everything Everywhere All At Once? Nope, never heard of it. The Fablemans? Nope, sounds shitty. Women Talking? Fuckity fuck fuck no. Triangle of Sadness? Or whatever Madonna calls her poon these days....NO. 

Small blessing that Disney's disastrous Wakanda wasn't given a sympathy nod I suppose. 

But back to Banshees. 

It's taking all the glory that In Bruges truly, honestly, deeply deserved.   It's 10x the movie this one is.  Banshees is nominated not only for Best Picture, but also Best Actor (farrell), Supporting Actor twice (Gleeson and some other dude), Supporting Actress (Kerry Condon), Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, Best Editing, Original Score... a total of nine nominations. 

All of that belonged to In Bruges.  Actor Gleeson or Farrell, Supporting Actor Fiennes, Supporting Actress Posey, and so on.  That film got ONE nomination -- Screenplay -- while Oscars that year went to Slumdog Millionaire and fucking Jeff Spicoli for playing a gay guy named Milk. 

I won't watch the Oscars - what's the point.  This film will win nothing, and even if it did, it can't make up for the failure to honor it's better older brother In Bruges.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3284 on: January 25, 2023, 09:40:26 AM »

Avatar? No. Elvis? Fuck no. Top Gun? No, but probably will. All Quiet on the Western Front? Maybe in the 70

FWIW - I didnt think any of these were bad.

Oscar worthy? No. But not bad at all. The Elvis one is...."different" but if you've ever seen or heard anything Bad Luhrman has ever done, its about on par with his MO. Ironically, I thought Tom Hanks was the WORST part overplaying Col Parker.

Top Guns decent nostalgia that did its job.

Avatar gets props simply for creativity and the visual spectacle.

All Quiet was solid to me albeit old fashioned. It is prob the best of those 4.

But Banshees should win among all those listed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE