Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fun, Fun times at Ole Miss.........

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Fun, Fun times at Ole Miss.........
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 08:32:55 AM »
Exactly except I am more surprised with it being nowadays.  There seemed to be a litany of players that got free passes in school in that day and age, but now?

Bingo.  Back in the day...and trust me, I grew up back in the day, star athletes going to class simply wasn't part of the educational experience. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

boartitz

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 02:44:58 PM »
:blink:

7-3 in the last 10 years  :pwnd:

Precisely my point. 7-3 in the last 10 vs 5-5 in the 10 before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 01:00:45 PM »
Exactly except I am more surprised with it being nowadays.  There seemed to be a litany of players that got free passes in school in that day and age, but now?

Funny that he had to reach back 30 years for that dig.  Brooks graduated in 78 or 79. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 03:14:37 PM »
Funny that he had to reach back 30 years for that dig.  Brooks graduated in 78 or 79. 

I think it was more like 88 or 89. I am pretty sure he scored one of the first TD's against Auburn in JHS. I could be totally off on that one but I thought that was him. He was #10 right? Or am I thinking of someone else?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 03:50:43 PM »
I think it was more like 88 or 89. I am pretty sure he scored one of the first TD's against Auburn in JHS. I could be totally off on that one but I thought that was him. He was #10 right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

What..... ?

James Brooks played for Auburn.  How would he score against Auburn?  He was there about the time Joe Cribbs was and was gone when Dye got there.  He played pro ball for a couple of years.  Can't remember where, but Cincinnati rings a bell.

James Joseph wore #10 in the 80s. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 05:19:38 PM »
What..... ?

James Brooks played for Auburn.  How would he score against Auburn?  He was there about the time Joe Cribbs was and was gone when Dye got there.  He played pro ball for a couple of years.  Can't remember where, but Cincinnati rings a bell.

Jeno James?  James Bostic?  Lionel James.  Rick James, bitch?

Brooks played for the Bengals.  He was in the same backfield as Joe Cribbs and William Andrews under the expert teachings of Doug Barfield. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 05:37:44 PM »
What..... ?

I meant for Auburn...and yes, I was thinking of James Joseph. I think I remember him being in the back field when Auburn played Alabama and I think scoring a TD at the goal line...if I remember correctly, I think Auburn got away with 12 men on the field on that play and running the 4 back wishbone...

I am only 31 so I got my names mixed up...I stand corrected...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »
Yeah James Joseph was #10, he was also my position coach (RBs) at Troy. My favorite coach that I have ever had.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions