Fun, Fun times at Ole Miss.........

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Fun, Fun times at Ole Miss.........
« on: April 21, 2009, 12:18:55 PM »
21 April 2009
By Jason Smith
Sports Editor

Rising sophomore Enrique Davis was arrested at the Exchange early Sunday morning while at a party at Jerrell Powe’s apartment. Powe, a junior, received a citation for a noise violation.

According to the police report, officers were dispatched to the Exchange following a noise complaint where a Hummer was driving around the parking lot sounding its horn. Upon arrival, loud music was heard coming from the second floor of Powe’s apartment building.

The officer approached Powe and took his identification. On the way back to his patrol vehicle, a young black male, later identified as Enrique Davis, made a comment that the officer could not understand, the report said.

The officer requested Davis hand over his identification, but Davis looked at the officer with a “shunning face,” according to the report.

The report said the officer then requested Davis’ identification several more times and Davis started to walk towards the stairwell and gave the officer a “crazy face” when confronted about walking away. The officer grabbed Davis’ left elbow to stop him, but Davis pulled away from the officer, who then put him up against the stairwell and placed him in custody for disorderly conduct and failure to comply, the report said.

Once Officer Zachary White had placed Davis into the patrol car, he returned to address the noise violation concerning Powe. According to the report, while White wrote the citation for a noise violation, Powe said, “Zachary White, I got you. I’ll remember that.”

White asked if Powe would read the bottom of the citation and sign it to ensure he would show up in court, but Powe stated he could not read and would not sign, the report said.

The officer informed Powe that he did not need to sign and he would issue the citation regardless. Powe finally read the citation information and signed and was released afterwards.

Davis rushed for 244 yards last season and three touchdowns as a true freshman. Davis tallied 17 yards on five carries in the spring game. Davis is competing with Devin Thomas and Cordera Eason for the backup role to rising sophomore Brandon Bolden in the backfield.

Powe made his long awaited debut last season and finished the season with eight tackles, 3.5 for loss and one interception on the year.
WTH is a Shunning Face?  :blink: is that a shunning face?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Fun, Fun times at Ole Miss.........
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 12:22:59 PM »
White asked if Powe would read the bottom of the citation and sign it to ensure he would show up in court, but Powe stated he could not read and would not sign, the report said.

WTF?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 12:44:51 PM »
WTH is a Shunning Face?  :blink: is that a shunning face?

I use my shunning face whenever I'm rollin' in my Hummer, biotch!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 12:47:23 PM »
WTF?
Hey...at least he didn't lie to the Po Po.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 12:50:18 PM »

*Un-Shun* Screw you, your humongous awesome vehicle and your green bat *Re-Shun*

*Un-Shun* In case you didn't know, I'm shunning you, because you said something about wearing tights and damn it I haven't seen a picture, Soooooo....*Re-Shun*
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:38:58 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 02:23:47 PM »
The Exchange is a pretty swanky apartment complex.   I should know, I just paid a year's lease at a property in Auburn owned by the same group. 

How in the world does Jerrell Powe get the cash to pay for that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 02:26:42 PM »

Have they been taking notes from others??????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 02:43:08 PM »

I'm glad he kept the Green Fenway Bat in da Humma'
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

boartitz

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 03:20:18 PM »
The Exchange is a pretty swanky apartment complex.   I should know, I just paid a year's lease at a property in Auburn owned by the same group. 

Hooty is using the parachute we gave him wisely. :super:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 06:02:30 PM »
     I would say something negative about Ole Miss, unfortunately our future QB just got busted for being drunk in public, and our former QB recently got hit with a probation violation, which he was lucky to be on in the first place after getting caught chopping up some coke in a back alley.  Not to mention one of our LB's last year giving a guy on a moped a Nascar rub and putting him in the ditch for mouthing at him. 
     I don't think I'll be pointing any fingers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 07:25:45 PM »
     I would say something negative about Ole Miss, unfortunately our future QB just got busted for being drunk in public, and our former QB recently got hit with a probation violation, which he was lucky to be on in the first place after getting caught chopping up some coke in a back alley.  Not to mention one of our LB's last year giving a guy on a moped a Nascar rub and putting him in the ditch for mouthing at him. 
I think the only team that can point fingers is Alabama, they are and always have been as clean as a whistle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

boartitz

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 07:31:21 PM »
That's no fun. Mallett is the only one with no ties to Nutt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 08:12:11 PM »
I think the only team that can point fingers is Alabama, they are and always have been as clean as a whistle.
Yup, glass trailer and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

#2Bammer

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 09:47:51 PM »
Yup, glass trailer and all.

36-0 BITCH  :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HuntsvilleTiger

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 10:09:47 PM »
36-0 BITCH  :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:
12 - 8 in the last 20 years  :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 10:22:25 PM »
12 - 8 in the last 20 years  :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:
Do the last 10 years. :pwnd:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HuntsvilleTiger

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 10:24:50 PM »
Do the last 10 years. :pwnd:
:blink:

7-3 in the last 10 years  :pwnd:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 01:29:36 AM »
Quote from:  link=topic=5407.msg62602#msg62602 date=1240330735
but Powe stated he could not read and would not sign, the report said.

Kind of like James Brooks?

You know scholarship football players at SEC schools get a check around $800 every month for living expenses don't you?
And they can qualify for a Pell grant too for an extra $2500 a semester.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 01:42:40 AM »

Don't forget UGA.  They can't exactly cast stones after last preseason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 07:31:20 AM »
Kind of like James Brooks?

Exactly except I am more surprised with it being nowadays.  There seemed to be a litany of players that got free passes in school in that day and age, but now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions