Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Help a sista out

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Help a sista out
« on: April 16, 2009, 07:26:10 PM »
Jen stated in another thread that she was in charge of getting together her homeowners association blog. In the spirit of the "What would you say if you were an advice columnist" thread, I thought it would be fun to help her out.

Let's see what we can come up with to get the neighbors talking - or get her and Carl kicked out of the neighborhood.

Two sentences, a paragraph, or a whole page; let's get the creativity going. Any of you that have been part of one of these associations know the kind of petty shit some of the neighbors can complain about. Let's have some fun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Help a sista out
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 07:48:04 PM »
Jen, feed us some topic material to get started.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

boartitz

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 07:51:56 PM »
Jen, feed us some topic material to get started.
If she posts a link, get the U-Haul fired up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 07:55:39 PM »
http://boldvoices.tv/

Here is a place for some discussion. Channel 3 is a frien of mine. They are usually online in the evenings.
Tell 'em boartitz/Goober sez hey. Good folks. They are Ron Paul/ Libertarian friendly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 10:19:20 PM »
http://boldvoices.tv/

Here is a place for some discussion. Channel 3 is a frien of mine. They are usually online in the evenings.
Tell 'em boartitz/Goober sez hey. Good folks. They are Ron Paul/ Libertarian friendly.
They're live now. Check them out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 02:06:57 AM »
I've never had the joy of owning a house in a homeowners association, but the friend of mine I lived with in Northport for a few months did. After that experience, I make sure to never live in one again. Fortunately there are not too many of those around the Decatur area.

Landscaping Rule #1: All flowers must be placed in the order that the appear in the color of the rainbow. Please refer to the official guide for proper color coordination.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 02:08:11 AM by Ranger12 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 06:46:50 AM »
I've never had the joy of owning a house in a homeowners association, but the friend of mine I lived with in Northport for a few months did. After that experience, I make sure to never live in one again. Fortunately there are not too many of those around the Decatur area.

Landscaping Rule #1: All flowers must be placed in the order that the appear in the color of the rainbow. Please refer to the official guide for proper color coordination.

I'm glad I live way out in the sticks.
Piss in the yard, shoot my guns. let my dogs run free and build whatever I like without submitting plans to a council.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 08:28:33 AM »
What a funny idea, Glenn.  And since i am not only the blog admin, but also the new HOA president, I will be sure and insert your new rule into the deed restrictions, Craig!!

Here's some food for thought.

We have a fat ass old biddy who drives around in her conversion van looking for shit to complain about, while her husband, who looks eleventy months pregnant and is named, of all things, Titus (seriously) stands around in their front yard every day after work, with a frozen mug in his hand, wearing a pair of sweat pant and an unbuttoned dress shirt.  It is one of the scariest things I have ever seen.

We had a huge house in the neighborhood that was for sale forever, and all the bitches complained because it was empty.  Well, be careful what you wish for - a whole boatload (literally) of Vietnamese bought it a few months ago.  Now the bitches complain because there are fifty mamasans living there with their screaming pimp daddy nail salon managers and they are all at home every Monday (most all salons in Texas are closed on Monday to compensate for being open on Saturday.)  I love karma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 08:29:21 AM »
I'm glad I live way out in the sticks.
You live in Arkansas - isn't that a given?    :rimshot:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 06:34:14 PM »
All I can say for you Jenny is.... :rofl:

So, are you gonna be the HOA president that tells everybody to quit bitching and whining about every little thing or is the whip going to come out often?

I live out in a rural area again, on the land that my family owns. I love doing what I want to without needing a HOA or city permission to do it. Heck, I don't even have to mow my grass if I don't want too. I actually just did a little "mowing" with some Roundup earlier today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 08:37:28 PM »
All I can say for you Jenny is.... :rofl:

So, are you gonna be the HOA president that tells everybody to quit bitching and whining about every little thing or is the whip going to come out often?
My new neighborhood motto is STFU and stay in your own fucking yard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 11:55:13 AM »
My new neighborhood motto is STFU and stay in your own fucking yard.

I should send you a copy of our bylaws.  They're like 50 pages of stuff. 

I don't mind it, really, though.  It keeps the neighborhood from looking (slur-deleted)ed up. 

You can't have giant yard flags. The mulch in the flower beds has to be the right color. Can't paint the exterior of your house or put new siding up without getting the color approved -- no pink or blue houses. You can't put a shed or other out-building on your property without filing a draft, getting approval from the HOA and then having all neighbors sign off on it.  Kept the guy who lives behind me from putting a giant Derksen building against my fence.  Everybody else was okay, but I vetoed it.  Don't want to look out my window and see the back of his damn shed blocking my view. 

I like having the standards. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

boartitz

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 12:07:31 PM »
I should send you a copy of our bylaws.  They're like 50 pages of stuff. 

I don't mind it, really, though.  It keeps the neighborhood from looking (slur-deleted)ed up. 

You can't have giant yard flags. The mulch in the flower beds has to be the right color. Can't paint the exterior of your house or put new siding up without getting the color approved -- no pink or blue houses. You can't put a shed or other out-building on your property without filing a draft, getting approval from the HOA and then having all neighbors sign off on it.  Kept the guy who lives behind me from putting a giant Derksen building against my fence.  Everybody else was okay, but I vetoed it.  Don't want to look out my window and see the back of his damn shed blocking my view. 

I like having the standards. 
You need to meet this guy. Perfectly legal.

http://www.tfproject.org/tfp/general-discussion/107618-naughty-neighbor-window-shaped-like-middle-finger.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 01:08:39 PM »
no pink ...houses.

You make the Cougar angry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.