Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A man after Prowler's heart......

JR4AU

Re: A man after Prowler's heart......
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2009, 05:26:10 PM »
Damn, that was harsh.  Also explains why you like to argue.

Yeah, maybe it was a bit harsh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2009, 05:31:13 PM »
I stand corrected on the SSN on LETS.  

You really do think if it's not googleable it's not public don't you?  I already posted the laws that make it available.  Are you disputing them now?  
None of those laws are applicable to a private investigator hunting records of football players for his personal agenda of being an AU fan and hating Alabama. None of those records would be available to some joe blow, or PI, just walking in to probate, pencil whipping a form, and paying a small fee. The fact that this person said he got them from a police officer would tend to support my argument. If everything that you say is public record, then why didn't he get the records in legitimate fashion? And since most everything in NCIC is public record anyway, where exactly can I go to receive Secret Service AMs that are broadcast on NCIC? Where can I query immigration violators? Where can I go to see how many times a certain vehicle has crossed the border? Where can I go to find gang membership and organizational lists?

If you really think something like NCIC has nothing that you couldn't find that is public record anyway, then you must not understand much about it at all.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 05:40:23 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2009, 05:42:50 PM »
None of those laws are applicable to a private investigator hunting records of football players for his personal agenda of being an AU fan and hating Alabama. None of those records would be available to some joe blow, or PI, just walking in to probate, pencil whipping a form, and paying a small fee. The fact that this person said he got them from a police officer would tend to support my argument. If everything that you say is public record, then why didn't he get the records in legitimate fashion?

You may find this hard to believe, but there are cops out there that will run information for their buddies despite the fact it's not legal to do so.   

It is all public information.  Some of it is more protected than others...can we agree there?  But if I have a legitimate reason, it can be accessed.  You might have to go through some red tape, but if you have a legitimate reason you can get a large portion of personal information.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2009, 05:47:49 PM »
None of those laws are applicable to a private investigator hunting records of football players for his personal agenda of being an AU fan and hating Alabama. None of those records would be available to some joe blow, or PI, just walking in to probate, pencil whipping a form, and paying a small fee. The fact that this person said he got them from a police officer would tend to support my argument. If everything that you say is public record, then why didn't he get the records in legitimate fashion? And since most everything in NCIC is public record anyway, where exactly can I go to receive Secret Service AMs that are broadcast on NCIC? Where can I query immigration violators? Where can I go to see how many times a certain vehicle has crossed the border? Where can I go to find gang membership and organizational lists?

If you really think something like NCIC has nothing that you couldn't find that is public record anyway, then you must not understand much about it at all.

The secret service AMs are not personal information, that's totally different.  I was talking about information contained on a DL or vehicle registration.  As far as personal information, other than the SSN, everything on there is available for legitimate use per the Federal code sections I posted.  Yes, there are confidential things on LETS, but you're diverting the argument now away from what we were debating. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 06:15:05 PM »
The secret service AMs are not personal information, that's totally different.  I was talking about information contained on a DL or vehicle registration.  As far as personal information, other than the SSN, everything on there is available for legitimate use per the Federal code sections I posted.  Yes, there are confidential things on LETS, but you're diverting the argument now away from what we were debating. 
There is nothing that is described in "Operation Red Dog" that would be a legitimate reason. Even if he were an actual licensed PI, there is nothing that has been described that gives him a legitimate reason to request or receive the information you described under any statute.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2009, 06:22:28 PM »
You may find this hard to believe, but there are cops out there that will run information for their buddies despite the fact it's not legal to do so.   

It is all public information.  Some of it is more protected than others...can we agree there?  But if I have a legitimate reason, it can be accessed.  You might have to go through some red tape, but if you have a legitimate reason you can get a large portion of personal information.   
Anything that you would have to "go through red tape" or show legitimacy for your request for, wouldn't be public record in the first place. Public record is ask and ye shall receive, while maybe paying a small fee for copies, etc. Such as the financial report of a fire department, minutes of a water board meeting, minutes of a Board of Education meeting, wreck report, etc. You do not have to do anything more than ask and possibly pay a fee.

If you are requesting something that you are going to have to show an order from a judge, or something similar to obtain, I wouldn't imagine that what you are requesting is a "public record".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2009, 06:14:40 AM »
This thread makes me tired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2009, 07:45:52 AM »
This thread makes me tired.

Imagine there is a dog involved.....

Now aren't you alert now!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2009, 07:56:26 AM »
Imagine there is a dog involved.....

Now aren't you alert now!
TIFWIW
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2009, 09:14:46 AM »
I forgot about this in my original reply, but thought it was funny.

A little after I started, I was logged onto my NCIC account and went to Burger King for some food. Well, there was a traffic stop and the guy's license # was like 0000xxx (the x were actually numbers). Nobody had seen one like that before, and it turns out the guy was a retired State Trooper. Apparently when Guy Hunt was in office he had the DL formats changed to the 7 character format. Well, the other dispatcher and a narcotics officer decided they wanted to see who had 0000001. Needless to say, it was a person well known to Alabamians (FYI not Bob Riley). When I got back they told me about it and I thought it was hilarious and we were making jokes about the ABI and others coming down......until I realized I was the user logged in, not her. The next day, ACJIC called down to inquire, but never really did anything about it.
You're not a cop. Cops eat donuts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2009, 10:32:49 AM »
TIFWIW

FIFWIW*

*fist it for what it's worth...did I just make up something new?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2009, 01:38:52 PM »
FIFWIW*

*fist it for what it's worth...did I just make up something new?
Rememeber when a problem comes along, you must fist it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2009, 02:11:09 PM »
Yeah, at first I was all like *What?*, then I was like *Okay?*, now I'm just bored.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 02:23:44 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Argo

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2009, 08:32:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions