Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A man after Prowler's heart......

JohnDeere

• Pledge
Re: A man after Prowler's heart......
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2009, 04:28:30 PM »
Dumbest. Statement. Ever.

Its called NCIC. There is information within NCIC (a LAW ENFORCEMENT DATABASE) that is not public record, and is contained only within NCIC, and within the local agency who sent it into NCIC. We have to be fingerprinted and screened by the FBI to have access to this information. Yes, I have access to information that you are not going to be able to find anywhere except in that database.

Yeah, there is a reason you post on internet message boards all day while eating doughnuts.....

18 USC 2725

(b) Permissible Uses.—

(6) For use by any insurer or insurance support organization, or by a self-insured entity, or its agents, employees, or contractors, in connection with claims investigation activities, antifraud activities, rating or underwriting.

(8) For use by any licensed private investigative agency or licensed security service for any purpose permitted under this subsection.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2009, 04:41:49 PM »
RWS,

Also, court records are public information.  Criminal court files, Traffic, divorce, civil, all of which contain all the information, and more than you can get on LETS/ACJIC. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2009, 04:42:09 PM »

Yeah, there is a reason you post on internet message boards all day while eating doughnuts.....

18 USC 2725

(b) Permissible Uses.—

(6) For use by any insurer or insurance support organization, or by a self-insured entity, or its agents, employees, or contractors, in connection with claims investigation activities, antifraud activities, rating or underwriting.

(8) For use by any licensed private investigative agency or licensed security service for any purpose permitted under this subsection.

A law scholar, you are not.

Here's the part you conveniently left out.  

(b)  Permissible Uses.— Personal information referred to in subsection (a) shall be disclosed for use in connection with matters of motor vehicle or driver safety and theft, motor vehicle emissions, motor vehicle product alterations, recalls, or advisories, performance monitoring of motor vehicles and dealers by motor vehicle manufacturers, and removal of non-owner records from the original owner records of motor vehicle manufacturers to carry out the purposes of titles I and IV of the Anti Car Theft Act of 1992, the Automobile Information Disclosure Act (15 U.S.C. 1231 et seq.), the Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. 7401 et seq.), and chapters 301, 305, and 321–331 of title 49, and, subject to subsection (a)(2), may be disclosed as follows:

So, which one of those reasons did the private investigator use to gather his information?  

You're trying to build a strawman.  The private investigator that supposedly gathered this information, states he did so through a LEO.  He did not request the information for any reasons listed above.  He states that he had the license ran by a LEO and gathered VIN# through those means.

Argue for the next 20 pages, and it's still illegal.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2009, 04:44:39 PM »

18 USC 2725

(b) Permissible Uses.—

Thats great that you leave out the explanation of the Permissible Uses Section.

(b) Permissible Uses.— Personal information referred to in subsection (a) shall be disclosed for use in connection with matters of motor vehicle or driver safety and theft, motor vehicle emissions, motor vehicle product alterations, recalls, or advisories, performance monitoring of motor vehicles and dealers by motor vehicle manufacturers, and removal of non-owner records from the original owner records of motor vehicle manufacturers to carry out the purposes of titles I and IV of the Anti Car Theft Act of 1992, the Automobile Information Disclosure Act (15 U.S.C. 1231 et seq.), the Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. 7401 et seq.), and chapters 301, 305, and 321–331 of title 49, and, subject to subsection (a)(2), may be disclosed as follows:

Do you really think what you posted will allow any Tom, Dick, Harry, and private eye to access sensitive personal data at the pass of a piece of paper and a rubber stamp?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Argo

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2009, 04:45:40 PM »
RWS,

Also, court records are public information.  Criminal court files, Traffic, divorce, civil, all of which contain all the information, and more than you can get on LETS/ACJIC. 

You are correct, but as you have already stated, you must have a legit legal purpose for gathering information.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2009, 04:51:37 PM »
You are correct, but as you have already stated, you must have a legit legal purpose for gathering information.  

Actually, that's not true with court records.  There's a statute that governs release of such information by DMVs.  Court records are open and public information, unless it's been sealed due to being juvenile, or youthful offender.  Case action summaries are printed in the files that contain complete indentifying information, including SSNs.  I could walk in to my court clerks office, give them a name, and see every court file, if any, on that person.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 04:52:07 PM »
RWS,

Most any action record filed with probate is public record. Some information in court files are not public. Arrest date, time, charge, and location are public record. Adjudication is public record. Warrants are public record. Some information on traffic files are not public. Divorce and civil action is public, however, again you will not be able to find sensitive personal information that we have access to on LETS or NCIC.

As I believe townhallsavoy demonstrated here before, just by knowing my name he was able to obtain my address, and of course my fiancee's name (she is also on my mortgage). Thats public record that can be found using a deed search. Anything containing a SSN or other vital data is never public record. If SSNs and DOBs were readily available everywhere, the cases of identity theft would be unreal. If you were to post your DOB on MySpace, or on your profile here then thats one thing. You are implying consent for people to know it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 04:56:26 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2009, 04:52:30 PM »
I hate to speak for RWS, but, yes he does.  That's why databases like NCIC and LETS were created in the first place.  

You can't legally gather my personal information through any means other than some type of government controlled database.  Insurance companies can't legally give you my information.  AWK has already posted a link proving that.  

Can I sue Publishers Clearinghouse?  I'm tired of getting their shit and they always seem to have my info.  Telling me I've already won and shit.  I'm calling shenanigans on them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Argo

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2009, 04:57:37 PM »
Can I sue Publishers Clearinghouse?  I'm tired of getting their shit and they always seem to have my info.  Telling me I've already won and shit.  I'm calling shenanigans on them.

Yes, but good luck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2009, 04:57:52 PM »
Thats great that you leave out the explanation of the Permissible Uses Section.

Do you really think what you posted will allow any Tom, Dick, Harry, and private eye to access sensitive personal data at the pass of a piece of paper and a rubber stamp?

Actually, YES!  

93) For use in the normal course of business by a legitimate business or its agents, employees, or contractors, but only—
(A) to verify the accuracy of personal information submitted by the individual to the business or its agents, employees, or contractors; and

(B) if such information as so submitted is not correct or is no longer correct, to obtain the correct information, but only for the purposes of preventing fraud by, pursuing legal remedies against, or recovering on a debt or security interest against, the individual.
(4) For use in connection with any civil, criminal, administrative, or arbitral proceeding in any Federal, State, or local court or agency or before any self-regulatory body, including the service of process, investigation in anticipation of litigation, and the execution or enforcement of judgments and orders, or pursuant to an order of a Federal, State, or local court.
(5) For use in research activities, and for use in producing statistical reports, so long as the personal information is not published, redisclosed, or used to contact individuals.
(7) For use in providing notice to the owners of towed or impounded vehicles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2009, 05:01:37 PM »
Actually, that's not true with court records.  There's a statute that governs release of such information by DMVs.  Court records are open and public information, unless it's been sealed due to being juvenile, or youthful offender.  Case action summaries are printed in the files that contain complete indentifying information, including SSNs.  I could walk in to my court clerks office, give them a name, and see every court file, if any, on that person.   

Wait. When in the hell did we start talking about court records, and how did they get into the conversation?  I thought we were talking about personal information through NCIC?

I still stand by my argument that it's illegal to gather personal information on someone through a LEO.  That was the original argument.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2009, 05:02:42 PM »
Most any action record filed with probate is public record. Some information in court files are not public. Arrest date, time, charge, and location are public record. Adjudication is public record. Warrants are public record. Some information on traffic files are not public. Divorce and civil action is public, however, again you will not be able to find sensitive personal information that we have access to on LETS or NCIC.

As I believe townhallsavoy demonstrated here before, just by knowing my name he was able to obtain my address, and of course my fiancee's name (she is also on my mortgage). Thats public record that can be found using a deed search. Anything containing a SSN or other vital data is never public record. If SSNs and DOBs were readily available everywhere, the cases of identity theft would be unreal. If you were to post your DOB on MySpace, or on your profile here then thats one thing. You are implying consent for people to know it.

You never answered my question.  Are you a po-po?  Five-O?  The Fuzz?  

Somebody really has convinced you that LETS/ACJIS is the Holy Grail huh?  Like I said, court files are public records, and contain vast amounts of information.   LETS/ACJIS is often very lacking or incomplete.  

I've already posted links that show how you can also get the information for legitimate purposes, and what "public records" are.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2009, 05:05:53 PM »
Wait. When in the hell did we start talking about court records, and how did they get into the conversation?  I thought we were talking about personal information through NCIC?

I still stand by my argument that it's illegal to gather personal information on someone through a LEO.  That was the original argument.

Yes, that is true.  Using LETS for a non law enforcement purpose would be illegal.  I stated that was sort of stupid because it's, for the most part, all public information on LETS, except for say SSNs...and even LETS doesn't display that if you chose to keep it off your DL.  Then RWS had to tell everyone that he's got the secret squirrel password and he's got info you can't get any way other than LETS/ACJIS, and that's just not true.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2009, 05:06:37 PM »
Where is Harvey Birdman through all of this?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2009, 05:07:09 PM »
You never answered my question.  Are you a po-po?  Five-O?  The Fuzz?  

Somebody really has convinced you that LETS/ACJIS is the Holy Grail huh?  Like I said, court files are public records, and contain vast amounts of information.   LETS/ACJIS is often very lacking or incomplete.  

I've already posted links that show how you can also get the information for legitimate purposes, and what "public records" are.  
I dispatch/jail, which means I use this stuff more than the po-po. At least thats how things operate here, anyway. So, just what do you do that you would know exactly what is contained in LETS and NCIC?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2009, 05:11:01 PM »
I stated that was sort of stupid because it's, for the most part, all public information on LETS, except for say SSNs...and even LETS doesn't display that if you chose to keep it off your DL. 
Incorrect. Even if you choose to not list your SSN on your OLN, I can still see it in LETS and if I were to run it on NCIC. I think that your SSN is automatically not listed on your hard copy of the new style OLNs and you don't have a choice to put it on there. I can't really remember. Either way, we can still see it on LETS and NCIC.

Then RWS had to tell everyone that he's got the secret squirrel password and he's got info you can't get any way other than LETS/ACJIS, and that's just not true.   
Hey, I got an idea. Since everything in NCIC is stuff you can find anywhere anyway, and everything is public record according to you, maybe the FBI should just make a query tool on their website so everybody could query it. Then they could do away with this whole fingerprinting and profiling/screening thing they do with the folks who get access to it now. Boy, if Hoover only knew that this law enforcement tool he came up with was all just going to be public record anyway....
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 05:16:06 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2009, 05:13:21 PM »
I dispatch/jail, which means I use this stuff more than the po-po. At least thats how things operate here, anyway. So, just what do you do that you would know exactly what is contained in LETS and NCIC?

I know that was hard to admit!  I'm former po-po for starters.  Currently an attorney.    

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2009, 05:15:53 PM »
I know that was hard to admit!  I'm former po-po for starters.  Currently an attorney.    

Damn, that was harsh.  Also explains why you like to argue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2009, 05:20:08 PM »
I know that was hard to admit!  

Not at all, actually. I make damn good money with damn good benefits. We work 12 hour shifts, so the time off is great as well. I've been asked to go to patrol and turned it down, so its not like I'm a wannabe or anything. I like what I do and see no real reason to cross that line. Nothing to be embarassed about on my end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
Incorrect. Even if you choose to not list your SSN on your OLN, I can still see it in LETS and if I were to run it on NCIC. I think that your SSN is automatically not listed on your hard copy of the new style OLNs and you don't have a choice to put it on there. I can't really remember. Either way, we can still see it on LETS and NCIC.
Hey, I got an idea. Since everything in NCIC is stuff you can find anywhere anyway, and everything is public record according to you, maybe the FBI should just make a query tool on their website so everybody could query it. Then they could do away with this whole fingerprinting and profiling/screening thing they do with the folks who get access to it now. Boy, if Hoover only knew that this law enforcement tool he came up with was all just going to be public record anyway....

I stand corrected on the SSN on LETS.  

You really do think if it's not googleable it's not public don't you?  I already posted the laws that make it available.  Are you disputing them now?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions