Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

You Can't Kill One of Those Things

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
You Can't Kill One of Those Things
« on: April 07, 2009, 12:52:13 PM »
We've got a couple of stray cats that set up house in our garage several months back.  They're pretty cool and keep the mouse population in check, especially since we've got several acres of wooded area next to our house.  I walked out in my garage the other night and came face to face with a huge, nasty ass possum that had come out of the woods and was getting fat on Meow Mix.  He scurried off before I could find anything to kick his ass with.  Over the past couple of weeks, he's ventured in there several times.

Last night, I walked out and there he was, just sitting in the corner, hissing at me. By the way, those things have got a mouth full of bad ass teeth.  I really didn't have that big of a problem with him until he showed me those razors and challenged my manhood.  I couldn't go out in the garage and get anything because he was basically at the foot of my steps.  The two cats were up on the outside refrigerator.  One of them looked at me and said, "Yo Steve, you gonna' kill that bastard or what? You know he's been eating our crunchies, right?"  I thought about getting my .38 but thought better of it with him right there at the foot of my steps.  With my luck, I'd get a ricochet right in the crotch.  I stepped back in and found a heavy pole and walked back out.  He was still there, hissing and daring me to do something. 

Honestly, I wanted to take him out in a relatively humane manner with one good whack.  I lined him up and cracked dat' cranium.  All he did was retreat a little, bleed a lot and hiss a bunch more. 

Damnit!!!

I walked over and grabbed a big ole' heavy shovel and came down hard across his neck.  Broke his neck...that ought to do it.  Nope, just made him madder and just to piss me off, he bled a lot more.  Now, my family is coming out of the woodwork wondering what the hell is going on while they hear crashing from the garage and screams of "Die, satanic possum scum."  He finally gave it up..I think. However, that long ass tail was wrapped around something and that shit doesn't turn loose easily. He's 40 yards up in the woods now. 

Did I mention those things bleed a lot? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: You Can't Kill One of Those Things
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 01:07:20 PM »
The way you dominated that 15-pound marsupial is quite manly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 01:11:49 PM »
The way you dominated that 15-pound marsupial is quite manly.

15? You didn't see this thing.  You didn't tangle with him.  You didn't go mano e mano with the vicious rodent.

He went a good 16.5 - 17 easy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 01:15:59 PM »
15? You didn't see this thing.  You didn't tangle with him.  You didn't go mano e mano with the vicious rodent.

He went a good 16.5 - 17 easy.

Mano e thylamys, maybe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 01:20:28 PM »
Go ahead, yuck it up beach boy. 

This was a clash of the titans.  I dispatched him not less than 2 feet from my Scooter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 01:28:55 PM »
That sounds scarier than Prom night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

wesfau2

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 01:32:28 PM »
Go ahead, yuck it up beach boy. 

This was a clash of the titans.  I dispatched him not less than 2 feet from my Scooter.

If Miss Lucille learns that you're a killer of god's creatures, I'm sure you'll be banished from the Gossip Parlor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 01:45:52 PM »
If Miss Lucille learns that you're a killer of god's creatures, I'm sure you'll be banished from the Gossip Parlor.

She loves me
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 02:14:13 PM »
We've got a couple of stray cats that set up house in our garage several months back.  They're pretty cool and keep the mouse population in check, especially since we've got several acres of wooded area next to our house.  I walked out in my garage the other night and came face to face with a huge, nasty ass possum that had come out of the woods and was getting fat on Meow Mix.  He scurried off before I could find anything to kick his ass with.  Over the past couple of weeks, he's ventured in there several times.

Last night, I walked out and there he was, just sitting in the corner, hissing at me. By the way, those things have got a mouth full of bad ass teeth.  I really didn't have that big of a problem with him until he showed me those razors and challenged my manhood.  I couldn't go out in the garage and get anything because he was basically at the foot of my steps.  The two cats were up on the outside refrigerator.  One of them looked at me and said, "Yo Steve, you gonna' kill that bastard or what? You know he's been eating our crunchies, right?"  I thought about getting my .38 but thought better of it with him right there at the foot of my steps.  With my luck, I'd get a ricochet right in the crotch.  I stepped back in and found a heavy pole and walked back out.  He was still there, hissing and daring me to do something. 

Honestly, I wanted to take him out in a relatively humane manner with one good whack.  I lined him up and cracked dat' cranium.  All he did was retreat a little, bleed a lot and hiss a bunch more. 

Damnit!!!

I walked over and grabbed a big ole' heavy shovel and came down hard across his neck.  Broke his neck...that ought to do it.  Nope, just made him madder and just to piss me off, he bled a lot more.  Now, my family is coming out of the woodwork wondering what the hell is going on while they hear crashing from the garage and screams of "Die, satanic possum scum."  He finally gave it up..I think. However, that long ass tail was wrapped around something and that shit doesn't turn loose easily. He's 40 yards up in the woods now. 

Did I mention those things bleed a lot? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 02:44:42 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 03:14:47 PM »
Mr. Birdman, you had every right to be scared.

Figure 6. Their 50 teeth (more than any other mammal in North America) give opossums a menacing look when threatened.
(From Verts and Carraway, Land Mammals of Oregon.)

Other pertinent facts, just for you:

Don’t feed opossums. Feeding opossums may create undesirable situations for you, your children, neighbors, pets, and the opossums themselves. Opossums that are fed by people often lose their fear of humans and may become aggressive when not fed as expected. Artificial feeding also tends to concentrate opossums in a small area; overcrowding can spread diseases and parasites. Finally, these hungry visitors might approach a neighbor who doesn’t share your appreciation of the animals. The neighbor might choose to remove these opossums, or have them removed.

Don’t give opossums access to garbage. Keep your garbage can lid on tight by securing it with rope, chain, bungee cords, or weights. Better yet, buy garbage cans with clamps or other mechanisms that hold lids on. To prevent tipping, secure side handles to metal or wooden stakes driven into the ground. Or keep your cans in tight-fitting bins, a shed, or a garage. Put garbage cans out for pickup in the morning, after opossums have returned to their resting areas.

Feed dogs and cats indoors and keep them in at night. If you must feed your pets outside, do so in late morning or at midday, and pick up food, water bowls, leftovers, and spilled food well before dark every day.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/living/opossums.htm

Now go forth and be prepared for your next encounter.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 03:15:55 PM by Thrilla »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 03:24:15 PM »
Actually, that there's your Oregon Opossums.  Your Alabama Possums is a good bit different.  They like to wear brightly colored bandanas and eat Mexican food.  They tend to have real bad credit scores too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 03:29:30 PM »
Actually, that there's your Oregon Opossums.  Your Alabama Possums is a good bit different.  They like to wear brightly colored bandanas and eat Mexican food.  They tend to have real bad credit scores too.

Well, I herd that if ya filet 'em just right and coat 'em up with a nice flour and cornbread batter, then it'll taste just like Chicken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 03:33:50 PM »

Them little sumbitches are know to pack heat.  You are lucky that you got out of the incident alive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Six

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 05:31:16 PM »
Well, I herd that if ya filet 'em just right and coat 'em up with a nice flour and cornbread batter, then it'll taste just like Chicken.

My mother could fry a garden hose and make you think it was calimari.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 08:59:50 PM »
My mother could fry a garden hose and make you think it was calimari.

My mother could fry anything and make you think it was straight out of the septic tank. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 09:15:34 PM »

"Why don't we break down that garage, find out what that posstum's doin' in there? Ain't no lawyer gonna tell you nothin' ‘bout a posstum ina garage. If you wanna really find out ‘bout a posstum on a garage, you find a boy with dirt under his fingernails. You find a boy with dirt under his fingernails, you'll find yourself a boy that's been rootin' in a garage for a posstum."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 09:21:51 PM »
You want me to take him out back Andy?

He'd kill ya'
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 09:32:25 PM »
Total hijack but you can't mention the Andy Griffith Show without bringing up one of my top 5 funniest TV sitcom moments.  You young whippersnappers will probably never have the good fortune to appreciate the true comic jeenyus of Don Knotts as Bernard P. Fife.  "I got it.  You learn something..you learn it."

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 09:36:34 PM by Harvey Birdman »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 11:00:10 AM »

That is just not true. Opossum meat is very greasy. But it must be good for you. My great grandmother lived to be 94 years old and loved it. The best way to eat Opossum is to trap it first. Then keep it in a cage for at least a week while feeding it table scraps.(they are nasty little scavengers) Then kill it and eat it. If a  4'9" 90 yr old woman can do it, you can too.

But since she has long passed, my solution is to eliminate the critter. Poison is good. Unfortunately it will get the stray cats too. (I don't mind, but you seemed to have become attached). Minimal bleeding is what we need to achieve through a more violent process. I like using a .22 short in a long rifled barrel. This keeps the sound to a minimum. But with today's air rifles, you can achieve the same results. A good head shot usually does the trick. If you live near a stand of woods, drag the carcass back there as a warning to the other animals. (not sure if it works, but it sounds dastardly) All dead things stink, so make sure it's far enough away. Put powdered lime on it to speed up the process. And keep in mind during this whole process, you are protecting your home. If PETA calls, "No hablo Ingles."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 11:01:52 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.