Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Coach midget threatens Big Bobby Massie....

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Coach midget threatens Big Bobby Massie....
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2009, 10:16:53 AM »
Yeah, I mixed up "rumor" threads. Moved my post here.

Anyway this was the topic of the day yesterday on Finebaum.

Every turd caller KNEW that Ole Miss was cheatin' cause thar ain't no damn way a player with that kina talent would deny the opportunity to play for THE Alabama Crimpsun Tahd!

For some additional :pot:

When Saban doesn't get a recruit, he in no way acts (or looks) like a spoiled seven-year-old, deprived of his "woobie."

As few may know, yesterday was the first day of spring practice for the Ole Miss Rebels, which was open to the public. It just so happens that somehow Beast/Child 5-Star Hargrave recruit, Bobby Massie was in attendance, on the sidelines with the Rebel proletariat.

Naturally, Bobby was assaulted with fanboy questions. However, one question in particular yielded some interesting bits of tid:

He was asked to give a good Nick Saban recruiting story, and he had a pretty good one to say the least. Bobby said he called Coach Saban the night before signing day to let him know that he was going to sign with Ole Miss. Bobby did not even inform the Ole Miss staff that he was going to be a Rebel until the night before signing day, per Bobby, but he did say, "I had a pretty good idea where I was going in December."

Anyway, Bobby calls Nick and Coach Saban stops him before he tells where he is going and said this, "Bobby, do not even tell me where you are going, because if you are not going to Alabama I am turning you into the NCAA. You know you have a chance to start at Alabama at right tackle as a sophomore, and nobody would turn that down unless they did something illegal."

Bobby was stunned. He said he just listened to Coach Saban rant and never said another word about it. He was offended to say the least. That is why he made such a scene at the press conference when he threw the Alabama hat on the ground and put on an Ole Miss hat.

"A chance at starting Right Tackle as a Sophomore with the ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE"!!! Excuse me while I soil myself. How did Massie ever resist that tricky little leprechaun?

Damn it's a great time to be a college football fan in the South. Especially with Dr. Evil living and working just down I-20/59. Even though Nick closed out with one of the strongest signing days in the nation, apparently the world is not enough to satisfy the Prince of Darkness.

[Note: I've confirmed the validity of this "rumor" with the source, as it was told, by Bobby, to a dozen or so fans/media at the first spring practice.]

Update, March 3: According to Ian Rapaport, Bobby denies it...Kinda. He admits he's read the post, but he doesn't go into detail about what is true or false. He does admit talking to Saban the night before signing day (like it says above), and he does admit that he never told Saban he was going to Ole Miss (like it says above). He just says "my words got switched around," so take that for what it's worth.

Sounds to me like someone at Ole Miss asked Massie to kindly "shut up" and put this in the past. I'm thinking young Bobby just learned a valuable lesson in fan/media relations.
http://deepsouthsports.blogspot.com/2009/03/nick-saban-is-nice-guy.html
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 12:48:29 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2009, 12:29:24 PM »
Well, since nobody else has posted it.....

http://blog.al.com/rapsheet/2009/04/what_d...really_say.html

So tonight, I called Massie to see what really happened: "Man... what you saw on that blog wasn't even true," Massie told me.

Oh. Wait, what? But I just read it on that blog... And the blog said it checked with its source -- the OM reporter -- who corroborated it. Well, apparently, Massie disagrees. Of course, he's not the only one who noticed.

"I don't even know where that came from," said Massie, the five-star tackle. "Because I was at Ole Miss practice over this past weekend, and I was talking to somebody about my decision to come to Ole Miss. Then I come back here up to Hargrave, and I see everybody on Facebook, phone calls from everywhere, talking about that blog site. People were hitting me up on Facebook, and that (stuff) didn't even happen. I don't know where that came from."

What did he think happened? "My words got switched around," he said.

What was Saban's reaction when Massie told him he becoming a Rebel? One problem: Massie said he never told Saban.

"He never knew," Massie said. "He never knew I was signing with Ole Miss. I talked to him the day before signing day, but in his mind, I was coming to Alabama."

Massie hasn't spoken to Saban since. And as far as he's concerned, he'd like all this to end.

"It's over with," Massie said. "I signed with Ole Miss and not anybody else. So, there's nothing to talk about. I got nothing to say about him, he's got nothing to say about me. I signed with Ole Miss on signing day. That's it."

So there you go...

Am I going to believe something from some OM fan's no-name blog who has no real repercussions for making something up? No. Am I going to believe a sports reporter from an actual newspaper, who is actually liable for what he reports? Yes.

:fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Ogre

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2009, 12:58:18 PM »
Aw, come on.  You know Ian Rappaport made that whole thing up.  I bet Saban promised Ian he'd let him see Terri's boobs at A-Day if he came out with that pile of garbage. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2009, 01:01:19 PM »
Aw, come on.  You know Ian Rappaport made that whole thing up.  I bet Saban promised Ian he'd let him see Terri's boobs at A-Day if he came out with that pile of garbage. 
Thats what my source has confirmed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2009, 01:05:24 PM »
Aw, come on.  You know Ian Rappaport made that whole thing up.  I bet Saban promised Ian he'd let him see Terri's Cody's man-boobs at A-Day if he came out with that pile of garbage. 
FTFY...confirmed by my source.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2009, 01:14:16 PM »
FTFY...confirmed by my source.
TTFWIW, my source just confirmed it was Terri's boobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2009, 06:21:26 PM »
Correction, it's Coach midget's boobs that he promised to Rappappappapport.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2009, 06:33:07 PM »
Correction, it's Coach midget's boobs that he promised to Rappappappapport.
I bet you threw a little fit when you saw that link, didn't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2009, 06:34:04 PM »
Or maybe Prowler's boobs.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2009, 06:44:34 PM »
Coming from Ian R.....you can take anything he says, in his blog, to the bank.  It still makes me wonder, why Bobby Massie would Throw the turd hat down, as well as, Greg Reid.  That's just peculiur.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Argo

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2009, 06:52:14 PM »
Coming from Ian R.....you can take anything he says, in his blog, to the bank.  It still makes me wonder, why Bobby Massie would Throw the turd hat down, as well as, Greg Reid.  That's just peculiur.

The Massie bit didn't take place. 

Here's a link to the Greg Reid incident.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfbrecruit/entries/2009/02/13/gred_reid_sets.html

The defensive back from Lowndes was closer to signing with Alabama than anyone will ever know. “If you watch the video of me picking through the hats, I got rid of Alabama first and you could see the hurt on my face. It was heartbreaking, man. That was the best town for football I ever experienced.”

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2009, 07:08:48 PM »
The Massie bit didn't take place. 

Here's a link to the Greg Reid incident.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfbrecruit/entries/2009/02/13/gred_reid_sets.html

He saw it on a message board, so it MUST be true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2009, 07:47:49 PM »
Yeah the Massie bit did take place.  What's funny is that, turds like you two, go to as many Auburn or other team's websites that have talked or are talking about what Massie said, then you do your best to spin it.  Have you gone to Auburn Undercover yet, I've heard that they're talking about it...you'd better hurry before they forget about the whole situation.  Do I think that Bobby Massie actually said everything that was posted?  No.  But seeing what Rappappapport blogged, I'd be willing to bet that if someone dug a little deeper that they'd find that he said a lot of what was posted.  It just sounds to me that he didn't want to stir up more of the turd storm that had already been stirred up so he could concentrate on the upcoming season and he wouldn't have to worry about the death threats, that would've followed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2009, 07:57:52 PM »
Yeah the Massie bit did take place.  What's funny is that, turds like you two, go to as many Auburn or other team's websites that have talked or are talking about what Massie said, then you do your best to spin it.  Have you gone to Auburn Undercover yet, I've heard that they're talking about it...you'd better hurry before they forget about the whole situation.  Do I think that Bobby Massie actually said everything that was posted?  No.  But seeing what Rappappapport blogged, I'd be willing to bet that if someone dug a little deeper that they'd find that he said a lot of what was posted.  It just sounds to me that he didn't want to stir up more of the turd storm that had already been stirred up so he could concentrate on the upcoming season and he wouldn't have to worry about the death threats, that would've followed.
Wow, and you talk about US spinning. "I don't believe what was on the blog, even though I posted it here and argued for it. I've come to this conclusion after an actual newspaper reporter got real quotes from him, but I bet it really did happen anyways." You make most Auburn fans look bad.

So, what message board did you pickup the rumor about him throwing down the hat? I have never even heard anything about it until you said something. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 07:58:32 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2009, 08:10:39 PM »
Are you actually that damn stupid?  Really??  You make bammers look good, compared to you.  Two questions, rws, what did Coach midget mean when he said that he'll turn him in to the NCAA?  Did Coach midget say this to Massie....or, did he say it to the Hargrave HC?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2009, 08:16:26 PM »
Are you actually that damn stupid?  Really??  You make bammers look good, compared to you.  Two questions, rws, what did Coach midget mean when he said that he'll turn him in to the NCAA?  Did Coach midget say this to Massie....or, did he say it to the Hargrave HC?
Wow. I love it, you can't milk your first precious message board rumor anymore since it has been smacked down, so now you just make up an alternate. You really are special. So, do you believe it or not? You argue for it, then when it is proven wrong, then you don't believe it. But now you continue to question me about why CNS did it, further showing that you actually do believe it. So, which one is it?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 08:18:08 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2009, 08:33:07 PM »
I still don't see any "Proving Wrong" here.  As I stated before, since you have trouble reading, I don't think that he said All of what was posted, I do think he said most of it, especially what was quoted.  But, he didn't want to deal with it anymore, especially from the mouthbreathers.  If a reporter was there, then there should be some sort of Audio.

My Rumor?  Again, are you retarded?  You need to stop eating those paint chips.  What Bobby Massie said has been All Over the internet not long after he said it.  So, tell me, how is it my rumor?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2009, 08:52:12 PM »
So, tell me, how is it my rumor?
I'm going to go with because a reporter from an actual real-life newspaper, who can be held liable for what he reports, spoke with the kid. This isn't something you pick up from some poster on a message board. This isn't something off of just any old joe-blow fan's blog. It comes from a reporter from The Birmingham News. He is actually held liable for what he reports. He can't just post whatever he wants and pass it off as fact. Only in your fantasy land does this alternate "it happened, he just said the exact opposite of that just because" theory have legs. So, if you say there should be audio, where is it? Certainly, if Massie lied to The Birmingham News, if I had scooped the story originally I would be pretty pissed and would release the audio. You are really...really.....really stretching on this, only because you want it to be so true.

And who has comprehension problems? I didn't say it was a rumor you made up all on your own. For fucks sake, everybody here knows you don't have the intelligence to come up with something that lengthy. I said it was your precious message board rumor, in the sense that you picked it up off of a message board, and then posted it here as if to endorse or support it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 08:58:00 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2009, 09:20:09 PM »
Saban peaked at Alabama last year. I didn't hear that. I know that. He lucked out at LSU and there was any number of coaches that would have had the same results if they had been there at that time. Right place , right time. He jumped LSU because he knew he couldn't maintain their level of expectation.
If yall expect too much, he'll bail on yalls ass, too, after banking enough cash to burn a wet cow.
That was then, this is now. Nicky is paid like a top level coach (yall's doings) but he ain't all that. Yall are the ones who were suckered in by him. Are you getting what you paid for? Ha.
What's yalls win/loss record per millions of dollars spent?
I look for yall to lose 2-3 games more than you did last year. The SEC is tougher than it was Nicky's last go round. He's gonna get a lot of sand poured in his pussy this go-around and he may take his ball and go somewhere else if he can find another fool to part from their money. He ain't another Bear Bryant. Bears come from Arkansas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2009, 10:01:30 PM »
Saban peaked at Alabama last year. I didn't hear that. I know that. He lucked out at LSU and there was any number of coaches that would have had the same results if they had been there at that time. Right place , right time. He jumped LSU because he knew he couldn't maintain their level of expectation.
If yall expect too much, he'll bail on yalls ass, too, after banking enough cash to burn a wet cow.
That was then, this is now. Nicky is paid like a top level coach (yall's doings) but he ain't all that. Yall are the ones who were suckered in by him. Are you getting what you paid for? Ha.
What's yalls win/loss record per millions of dollars spent?
I look for yall to lose 2-3 games more than you did last year. The SEC is tougher than it was Nicky's last go round. He's gonna get a lot of sand poured in his pussy this go-around and he may take his ball and go somewhere else if he can find another fool to part from their money. He ain't another Bear Bryant. Bears come from Arkansas.
OK, so what are we talking about here? The Bobbie Massie rumors, or CNS' longevity at UA? He peaked at UA last season, he lucked out at LSU, etc is just plain speculation. Maybe you're right, and maybe you're wrong. You don't "know" it, you just know that its your opinion, and you are of course welcome to it. Its just one of those things that you have to stand by as time goes on. And the whole "he couldn't maintain their level of expectation" argument? Seriously? He can't handle the expectations in NCAA football, so he moves UP to NFL football? That makes absolutely NO sense. I could understand leaving the NFL to come back. That is something some college coaches can understand. Your coach included. If he leaves Alabama, then oh holy shit, he leaves. Its going to happen at some point, so why should we get all frantic about it? We shouldn't. Hell, by what you're describing, we won't have any reason to get upset about him bailing out. According to you, he's "not all that", so why worry? But for some reason, I don't think you wholeheartedly believe half of the shit you just posted.

So, what coach would be better for UA right now? After the past coaching debacles of this decade, how the fuck is Nick Saban not an upgrade? Are you seriously going to argue that we were getting more bang for our buck out of Mike Shula? Coach Fran? Coach Price? What coach could we have realistically gone after to replace Shula? I'm not saying he is the best on the planet, and that everybody should fear him, blah blah blah. All I'm saying is we could have done a whole hell of alot worse, and given our track record of hiring coaches, I was terrified that we would.

Its amusing, you act like you are some sort of prophet for guessing we will lose 4-5 games this season. Well, no shit Sherlock. Did you come up with that revelation all on your own? We will be breaking in a QB who has never started a single game in NCAA ball, and has seen very limited action in his NCAA career. We're starting 3 OL with next to no experience. Other than Julio Jones, we don't have all that much of a threat from the WR corps. Defense returns 9 players, but losing Rashad Johnson will sting a little. I'm sure we will struggle a little bit next season. You're not telling me something most Alabama fans aren't preparing for already.

You talk about the SEC being tougher since he was at LSU, but we seemed to skate through it with relative ease last season, mostly on the road no less. I understand that the SEC was a bit down last season, so are you saying it will be tougher two years from now, or what?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 10:04:29 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions