• Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
The Blitz On Tony Franklin
« on: December 20, 2007, 03:20:34 PM »
http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=2&c=712973

The BLITZ By Jamie Newberg
By Jamie Newberg
National Recruiting Analyst
Posted Dec 19, 2007

What effect, positive or negative, do you think Auburn's hiring of Tony Franklin will have on recruiting and with their current offensive commitments? I would think the spread offense would excite most kids?
Rusty
Maryville, Tennessee
I truly believe this is a terrific move by Auburn Head Coach Tommy Tuberville because Franklin is really one of the most underrated offensive minds in the game. It also shows you that the Tigers are being proactive and moving with the times and adjusting to what’s going on the college football world. The spread offense or variations are spreading like wild fire through out the country. Why? Defenses have not figured out a way to stop it yet. When they do, another offense will come along and become hot.

Until then, it’s all about being competitive both on and off the field. It kind of makes you wonder why it took so long because the spread is about speed and matchups and the conference with the most speed is the SEC.

And if you have the right quarterback in place with the spread, watch out. Look at Florida the past two seasons. Sure they won the national championship with Chris Leak starting for the Gators. But he’s not the ideal signal caller for the spread. Tim Tebow is. Florida’s offense was certainly more powerful this season then in their championship year. And Florida put up all those numbers this season with very little production from their running backs.

Another example is West Virginia. They are deadly team offensively with the spread with quarterback Pat White and running back Steve Slaton.

Now it’s coming to Auburn and some pieces are already in place. You almost feel like this has been in the works for some time. It appears Auburn quarterback Kodi Burns will be a real nice fit because of his great athletic ability. He will have growing pains but all young quarterbacks do and will need to work on throwing the football with a lot more consistency.

In terms of recruiting, this has got to excite those committed to the Tigers and will certainly help Auburn on the future recruiting front. Auburn is bringing in a couple of run/pass signal callers in Barrett Trotter (Birmingham, Ala.) and DeRon Furr (Columbus, Ga.) and they went the JUCO route for quarterback Chris Todd (Hutchinson, Ks.). Todd signed with Texas Tech, just missed on beating out Graham Harrell for the starting job and transferred to Hutchinson Community College. Keep an eye on this guy next season because he’s got a big arm, good size and moves around pretty well. Auburn isn’t strong right now at receiver but they will sign some talented players committed like Jarmon Fortson (Columbus, Ga.), Damion Allen (Orlando, Fla.), Jarvin Adams (Kennesaw, Ga.) and the nation’s fastest prospect, Harry Adams (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.). Also headed to the Tigers is the versatile running back Reggie Hunt (Daphne, Ala.) and a power back with speed in Enrique Davis (Chatham, Va.). Remember, Auburn has some strong talent at this position already on campus.

Now they have the guy in Franklin to put it all together. Franklin had great success while at Troy. Troy's offense, which was last in the conference in total offense prior to his arrival, was second in the Sun Belt in 2006 and was first this season in total offense (453) and scoring offense (34). Troy was 17th in total offense and 25th in scoring offense in ‘07.

This is an interesting move and a bold move by Tuberville. He didn’t sit on his hands and keep things the same. Tuberville made the move and got a good one to run the offensive show at Auburn in Tony Franklin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

evilme

Re: The Blitz On Tony Franklin
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 04:25:28 PM »
Funny... I thought Finebaum and all those other suckoff Bama reporters were saying this was a bad hire.

Dudes, I don't want to go all Notrodamus on you, but we are going to seriously kick the shit out of a lot of teams next year due to this hire.

holy shit this is going to be one helll of a long off season!

yeah
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 04:52:38 PM »
Funny... I thought Finebaum and all those other suckoff Bama reporters were saying this was a bad hire.

Dudes, I don't want to go all Notrodamus on you, but we are going to seriously kick the shit out of a lot of teams next year due to this hire.

holy shit this is going to be one helll of a long off season!

yeah

An offense that can put up 40+ and a defense that can hold teams to 14 or less? hell yeah! Gonna be sweet!
Screw finbaum, all he does is pander to the redneck, mullet headed, slack jawed, knuckle dragging, piece of shit bammer fucks. He can go to hell and take the rest of the bammerham media jack-offs with him.  Bammaham media make me :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!

evilme

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 12:31:24 PM »
An offense that can put up 40+ and a defense that can hold teams to 14 or less? hell yeah! Gonna be sweet!
Screw finbaum, all he does is pander to the redneck, mullet headed, slack jawed, knuckle dragging, piece of shit bammer fucks. He can go to hell and take the rest of the bammerham media jack-offs with him.  Bammaham media make me :puke:

Stewie.... you watch your language you little shit, or I'll send you to bed without breast-feeding! :tits:

Finebaum.... I'd love for someone to take his raio-show over by force and have him gang-raped by a pack of silver-back gorillas on air.  Fucking bamma fucktards would prob still be calling in

"uhhh, Paul?  Does it feel good Paul?"

"oooch  ouch  aaaiiiiaaa"

"Paul? I wanna be like you Paul?  Do I need to fist myself like a 800 pound monkey Paul?"

"Oooooch ouch (just imagine it is Saban) -------- ummmm  oh yeah.  YEAH!  YEAH!  Harder you fucking Crimson cock sucker!! HARDER!!"

Now that's good radio

yeah
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 12:45:22 PM »

Stewie.... you watch your language you little shit, or I'll send you to bed without breast-feeding! :tits:

Finebaum.... I'd love for someone to take his raio-show over by force and have him gang-raped by a pack of silver-back gorillas on air.  Fucking bamma fucktards would prob still be calling in

"uhhh, Paul?  Does it feel good Paul?"

"oooch  ouch  aaaiiiiaaa"

"Paul? I wanna be like you Paul?  Do I need to fist myself like a 800 pound monkey Paul?"

"Oooooch ouch (just imagine it is Saban) -------- ummmm  oh yeah.  YEAH!  YEAH!  Harder you fucking Crimson cock sucker!! HARDER!!"

Now that's good radio

yeah

Now that was some funny shit! :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions