Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

uat pulls in another Commitment for 2010.....

Argo

Re: uat pulls in another Commitment for 2010.....
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 09:53:30 AM »
I know that several people on this board that have seen / met Prowler have full confidence that Greasy would be just that after an encounter that resorted to blows...a grease spot.  Greasy would have to resort to slurping mustard flavored hot dog shakes hanging from strings while on the back of his lover's bike.  It wouldn't be pretty.

Again, I didn't say I believed it, just what I'm hearing.  FWIW, I've seen another email floating around this morning that has a picture of what may, or may not be, the aforementioned Prowler.  The person that I seen in this picture, with the loop earring, would most likely get his ass kicked in 9 out of every 10 fights.  Again, I'm not saying I believe it to be true, or if the picture is or is not Prowler, just posting what I heard somewhere else.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 11:33:50 AM »
Thanks for the breakdown and analysis. :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 01:36:33 PM »
Thanks for the breakdown and analysis. :thumbsup:

Don't thank me, I'm just the messenger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 03:09:45 PM »
That THAT my friends is what the bammers and the rest of the whole fucking world think of the atrocity of our hiring fuckhead for a "coach". It is a fucking joke to them. We threw up a french flag of surrender with chiziks dumb fuck face plasterd all over it.
And you want to bitch at me because I refuse to eat Unicorn shit till sunshine flows out of my ass.
chizik is a fucking loser. His "body of work" was bouyed by working under 2 fine coaches. When it became time for him to stand on his own two feet he couldn't fucking do it.
Lets see what he has done so far with the orange glasses removed from over our eyes.
He hired an offensive coordinator who pimped a couple of running backs into a gig at Arky, when they shit canned him (call it what you want) he made the move up from a decent SEC west team to the mighty Tulsa Sock Puppets or whatever they are called to take a co-offensive coordinators position. Wait a minute Tulsa is a step down ,,, my bad. 
then he beats the southern miss's and UABs of the world to sign one of the greatest recruiting classes ever to walk the face of Gods green earth. Wait a minute I had a moment of clarity..... He signed the scraps that no one else wanted and a running back too dumb to make into the Louisiana State Penal Colony.
He has not done shit. He is unable to do shit. Football players and football coaches of true SEC caliber are staying away from him in droves.
I fucking fucking FUCKING hate him and what he is doing to Auburn. The only person who likes him is pay dye and that is because he finally feels welcome in the football complex since he quit while his team was getting placed on probation.

No wonder RWS and the rest of the bammers are laughing at us.
With this fucked up hire we deserve it.
War Eagle Fuck chizik.
Gene Chizik is to Auburn as Mike Shula is to Alabama. Have fun with that, guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 03:17:48 PM »
Gene Chizik is to Auburn as Mike Shula is to Alabama. Have fun with that, guys.
Bammer Fans: Proclaiming head coaches to be the next messiah or complete failure based on pure speculation since 1982.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 03:23:37 PM »
Bammer Fans: Proclaiming head coaches to be the next messiah or complete failure based on pure speculation since 1982.

Or based on experience?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

RWS

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 07:33:18 PM »
I'm not really basing that on speculation. I applaud Mike Shula for coaching for us at a time nobody in their right mind wanted to. However, he was a horrible coach. He did a good job of proving that. Same with Chizik. Maybe he was a good coordinator all on his own, or maybe he was riding the coattails of CTT. I really don't know. One thing I do know, is that as a coach, he hasn't done shit. You're just not going to impress me with a coach who has a worse winning percentage than Lee Corso.

LEE CORSO.

Chizik didn't do shit in 08 to really scare any Alabama fan. Nothing really in 2007 either. The defense improved some in 07, but in 08 tanked back down to 111th in the country in DIV-I. I know one of the more common defenses of why he tanked in 08 is the whole "he had to play so many freshmen, blah blah" excuse. According to some interviews from recruits, Chizik himself used this as a defense as well. Let me show you a little breakdown:

Eligibility Breakdown: 19 Freshmen, 30 Sophomores, 26 Juniors, 21 Seniors

Of the freshmen that did play:

CB Ter'ran Benton - Played 12 games, 1 pass defended.
QB Brett Buerker - Did not play in 2008.
TE Carter Bykowski - Played 10 games, 3 receptions for 21 yards.
WR Chris Campbell[/u] - Did not play in 2008.
DB Joe Cicciarelli[/u] - Did not play in 2008.
WR Darius Darks - Played 12 games, 49 receptions for 477 yards.
LB Ernest Ferguson - Played 11 games, 12 solo tackles. Did not have any stats in 4 games he played in.   
DB Leonard Johnson - Played 12 games, 31 solo tackles. Also had 40 KOR for 1055 yards.
WR Sedrick Johnson - Played 12 games, 18 receptions for 188 yards 3TD. Did not have any stats in 2 games he played in, and only had more than 2 receptions in a game in one game.
DB Dustin Land - Did not play in 2008.
DB Judah Linder - Did not play in 2008.
WR Patrick Mulcahy - Did not play in 2008.
WR Lonzie Range - Did not play in 2008.
QB Jerome Tiller - Did not play in 2008.
LS Zac Tucker - Did not play in 2008.
RB Johnny Williams - Did not play in 2008.
LS Dakota Zimmerman - Played 11 games, had 2 asst. tackles.
I'm not going to include the Punters/Kickers.

Out of that list, on offense, there is only one freshman who you could even begin to think about starting an argument that he had significant playing time (WR Darks). Even then it would still be a fairly weak argument. On defense, it seems as though DB Johnson played quite a bit. Good coaches are supposed to show improvement from year to year, right? There were 9 ther DBs on the team, that was his decision to play a FR. There were also 9 other WR on the team as well. You can't convince me that the reason ISU collapsed in 2008 is because of two freshmen. He recruited all of those freshmen, not the coach before him, so can't blame it on him either. I'm sure some of you will rattle the sabers when he beats a scrub team or two. Maybe when Arkansas St. comes to town (which btw, why in the HELL did AU pay them $1 million to come to AU???). I think you will be disappointed when some of the big boys roll into town, though.

Lee

Corso.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:14:40 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 08:02:26 AM »
I'm very surprised Prowler or AC hasn't squarely placed their mouths around Chizik's penis on this one yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 08:58:49 AM »
I'm very surprised Prowler or AC hasn't squarely placed their mouths around Chizik's penis on this one yet.

Why would I?  I just consider the source.  It's just an apples to oranges comparison babbled up by someone who'd argue with it if it were a Utopian situation anyway.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 10:13:57 AM »
Why would I?  I just consider the source.  It's just an apples to oranges comparison babbled up by someone who'd argue with it if it were a Utopian situation anyway.

Its not really apples and oranges. One of the excuses that has been made for Chizik at ISU was he had to play a shitload of freshmen because of issues with upperclassmen, etc. Chizik himself stated this to some recruits as well. That was a fairly straightforward list of every freshman on the team last season and a detail of their play, and as we can see, that theory is shot to hell. When CNS came to Alabama you guys went on and on about how this wasn't like LSU. He wouldn't be able to recruit here like he did in Louisiana, he wouldn't make much of a difference, etc etc. Why is it now all of a sudden what Chizik did at ISU and him being the coach at AU apples and oranges?

Nobody in the SEC is worried about Chizik. CTT, yes. I don't know what the deal was but that bastard had our number. He was a pretty good coach and an all around nice guy from what I ever heard of him or saw. When CTT was at AU, they had what our team is trying to get. That status that other teams hate playing them. You knew you better bring your lunch, even though it was probably going to end up getting taken. I thought we would win the 08 Iron Bowl, but that it would be a usual slugfest. Never did I imagine 36-0. I think the only people that got that one right are the retard fans that thought we would win a MNC in 07. Chizik has not done anything as a head coach that makes me say "Oh shit.....", except for when he was hired and one of my AU friends texted me with "Gene fucking Chizik." and I texted back "Oh shit.....y'all are fucked."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 10:15:22 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 10:26:20 AM »
Its not really apples and oranges. One of the excuses that has been made for Chizik at ISU was he had to play a shitload of freshmen because of issues with upperclassmen, etc. Chizik himself stated this to some recruits as well. That was a fairly straightforward list of every freshman on the team last season and a detail of their play, and as we can see, that theory is shot to hell. When CNS came to Alabama you guys went on and on about how this wasn't like LSU. He wouldn't be able to recruit here like he did in Louisiana, he wouldn't make much of a difference, etc etc. Why is it now all of a sudden what Chizik did at ISU and him being the coach at AU apples and oranges?
Do you not understand the concepts of which you speak? LSU & Bammer being two totally different situations is exactly apples and oranges. It is completely consistant to say that this is a new beginning, and any history at a different school with completely different situations (LSU with more positives, ISU with more negatives) is moot.

Nobody in the SEC is worried about Chizik. CTT, yes. I don't know what the deal was but that bastard had our number. He was a pretty good coach and an all around nice guy from what I ever heard of him or saw. When CTT was at AU, they had what our team is trying to get. That status that other teams hate playing them. You knew you better bring your lunch, even though it was probably going to end up getting taken. I thought we would win the 08 Iron Bowl, but that it would be a usual slugfest. Never did I imagine 36-0. I think the only people that got that one right are the retard fans that thought we would win a MNC in 07. Chizik has not done anything as a head coach that makes me say "Oh shit.....", except for when he was hired and one of my AU friends texted me with "Gene fucking Chizik." and I texted back "Oh shit.....y'all are fucked."
Apples. Oranges.
I hope no one is watching for us next year. I especially hope bammer is their typically arrogant selves in this upcoming Iron Bowl. Chizik was not able assemble near the staff at ISU as he was here. And I will argue to my last breath that the only purpose OF a HC is to hire a staff, recruit, and speak to the media. Any actual coaching is done by the assistants, not the HC.

The fact of the matter is that Chizik is Will Mushcamp, except he was MORE successful at Auburn (went undefeated), and he has the experience at HC. Both went on to win NC's as DC's at their next school. And you wouldn't be saying all of this about Will Muschamp. Yeah, Chizik didn't light the world on fire with that experience, but he learned from his mistakes, I can assure you of that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 11:17:28 AM »
Do you not understand the concepts of which you speak? LSU & Bammer being two totally different situations is exactly apples and oranges. It is completely consistant to say that this is a new beginning, and any history at a different school with completely different situations (LSU with more positives, ISU with more negatives) is moot.
Apples. Oranges.
I hope no one is watching for us next year. I especially hope bammer is their typically arrogant selves in this upcoming Iron Bowl. Chizik was not able assemble near the staff at ISU as he was here. And I will argue to my last breath that the only purpose OF a HC is to hire a staff, recruit, and speak to the media. Any actual coaching is done by the assistants, not the HC.

The fact of the matter is that Chizik is Will Mushcamp, except he was MORE successful at Auburn (went undefeated), and he has the experience at HC. Both went on to win NC's as DC's at their next school. And you wouldn't be saying all of this about Will Muschamp. Yeah, Chizik didn't light the world on fire with that experience, but he learned from his mistakes, I can assure you of that.
You can't tell me that if this fucker had won 26 games in two years at ISU, that you wouldn't be citing his success there as a reason why you think he will work out at AU. You would be calling me a moron for saying he would fail because of this. But since he had a shitty history at ISU, that doesn't count. But he had a good history as an assistant at AU, so that can count. What kind of bullshit is that? You want to talk apples and oranges, being a successful assistant does not equal being a successful head coach. To say that you can't compare his previous record as a head coach, but you can equate his stint as an assistant to him being a head coach is ridiculous.

LSU and Alabama are two separate places, but so far, history has played out fairly similar for both schools after CNS arrived. CNS has a history of being a pretty good coach, and an excellent recruiter. Thats why he got hired, because he is a winning coach. Do you really think that when hiring a coach you shouldn't look at their past? He was hired to turn a fucked up program into a monster, much like he did at LSU. So far, he's on a pretty good track. I agree, that there are differences from Iowa and Auburn, AL. You have a different recruiting pool for one thing, among many others. There are variables, and thats fine and understandable. But none of that is very tangible. A 5-19 record is. If he is a beast when he gets in the SEC and is more successful than CTT, then fine. But at this point he has proven to be a shitty coach. 

At this point, for all we know, when Muschamp takes the reigns at TX he might lose every game his first two seasons. We know he's a decent assistant, and they think he will make a good coach. But there is nothing to prove anything beyond his assistant status. Fuck, I guess Alabama should hire Mike Shula back as head coach since he's a pretty good assistant for the Jags, but was a shitty head coach.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 11:24:01 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 02:44:52 PM »
Hmm.  Let's try this approach and see what happens....

Auburn = Apples.

Iowa State = Oranges.

Staff accumulated so far at Auburn = Apples.

Staff at Iowa State = Oranges.

Level of athletes at Auburn = Apples.

Level of athletes at Iowa State = Oranges.

Support at Auburn = Apples.

Support at Iowa State = Oranges.

Clear enough?   Notice this doesn't have anything to do with you trying be a bammer homo by bring Nick Saban into every fucking conversation.

Thanks!  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 03:04:01 PM »
Hmm.  Let's try this approach and see what happens....

Auburn = Apples.

Iowa State = Oranges.

Staff accumulated so far at Auburn = Apples.

Staff at Iowa State = Oranges.

Level of athletes at Auburn = Apples.

Level of athletes at Iowa State = Oranges.

Support at Auburn = Apples.

Support at Iowa State = Oranges.

Clear enough?   Notice this doesn't have anything to do with you trying be a bammer homo by bring Nick Saban into every fucking conversation.

Thanks!  :thumbsup:
So, out of all of that, we get that since he was a good assistant at AU, but a shitty head coach at ISU, he's automatically going to be a good coach at AU? Ooooook....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »
So, out of all of that, we get that since he was a good assistant at AU, but a shitty head coach at ISU, he's automatically going to be a good coach at AU? Ooooook....
Of course...he's no Nick Saban.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »
Of course...he's no Nick Saban.

Nick Saban is no Nick Saban
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 03:37:09 PM »

No you dumbshit.....what you should have got out of all that is that AUChizzad said the situations at AU and ISU are different and that he was able to hire a lot better staff at AU than at ISU not that he was going to be a good or bad coach.  Your reading comprehension skills are the fail.  Not once did I see anyone make an argument for him being a good coach.  Please read this thread again and read this quote again.

Now please tell me where this says that he is going to automatically be a good coach? 

Fuck, I hate stupidity, I actually thought there was a little bit of hope for you by reading some of your post in the SGA, but a thread like this takes away that.  As a matter of fact the thread started out as a pissing match between greasy and prowler, but you had to start rambling with your bammer shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 05:38:41 PM »

I'm just simply pointing out that you comparing Auburn's situation and Iowa State's situation as if one was a clear guide as to how the other would work, is impossible.  They don't compare on way too many levels.   Chizik's ability as HC is open to debate, but I certainly can't, and haven't judged him based on Iowa State University.  You bringing Saban into this is ridiculous, unrelated and shows you just can't seem to step away from the Saban penis.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:51:24 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 05:53:10 PM »
You bringing Saban into this is ridiculous, unrelated and shows you just can't seem to step away from the Saban penis.
It does however go against his own argument that Auburn fans in general are inconsistent by saying that external factors make Saban's success at LSU ≠ success at Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 06:01:20 PM »
It does however go against his own argument that Auburn fans in general are inconsistent by saying that external factors make Saban's success at LSU ≠ success at Alabama.

+1

Yet, cue the  :bammer:.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions