Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Boras, MLB anti-christ, is at it again...

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Boras, MLB anti-christ, is at it again...
« on: February 27, 2009, 11:44:23 AM »
Manny rejects another offer. This time, the Dodgers offered $45 Million over 2 years...but here is the kicker. It would garauntee Manny $25 Millio this year, and then allow him an option of a $20 million contract next year. If he could get another 1-year deal for more money next year, he could opt out. If he can't, he is going to get the $20 million from the Dodgers. How the FLYING MOTHER FUCK can you turn down a $45 million contact for 2 FUCKING YEARS  :hulk:

Greedy mother fucker...

PHOENIX (AP)—Manny Ramirez has rejected yet another offer from the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The Dodgers announced Thursday night the star outfielder’s agent Scott Boras had declined a $25 million, one-year contract with a $20 million player option for 2010. It was the club’s fourth offer to Ramirez this offseason.

“We want Manny back, but we feel we are negotiating against ourselves,” Dodgers owner Frank McCourt said in a statement. “When his agent finds those ‘serious offers’ from other clubs, we’ll be happy to restart the negotiations.”

General manager Ned Colletti and McCourt met Wednesday in Los Angeles with Boras.

The offer is similar to the two-year, $45 million deal with a buyout or club option that the Dodgers put on the table in November. Ramirez refused the offer and the Dodgers withdrew their proposal. The team came back with a one-year, $25 million offer, but Ramirez turned that down as well. Ramirez also turned down salary arbitration.

“Even with an economy that has substantially eroded since last November, out of respect for Manny and his talents, we actually improved our offer,” McCourt said.

“So now, we start from scratch.”

A message left with Boras was not immediately returned.

Colletti said there was not necessarily a hard deadline, and that Ramirez was not yet needed in spring training.

“With the season starting a week later, it’s a little bit more flexible than it might have been a year ago,” Colletti said.

The Dodgers open the regular season April 6 at San Diego.

Ramirez hit .396 with 17 home runs and 53 RBIs in 53 games with the Dodgers last season while leading them to the NL West title after he was acquired from Boston at the July 31 trade deadline.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
Re: Boras, MLB anti-christ, is at it again...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 11:53:48 AM »
I would submit that Scott Boras has has sold his soul to the :devil: and is the most ruthless, money hungry agent available to any pro sports player today.  His company is making bank.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Boras, MLB anti-christ, is at it again...
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 06:27:29 PM »
I would submit that Scott Boras has has sold his soul to the :devil: and is the most ruthless, money hungry agent available to any pro sports player today.  His company is making bank.

Not sure what the ploy is here but it's not just about money.  Seriously, both Manny and Boras are as rich as they ever want or need to be.  There's some other factors at play.  Personally, I don't cringe at these salaries because they simply would not pay ANY of these players if the money wasn't there.  That's why you have small market and big market teams.  Tampa is small time and they have to build through the draft and farm system Their payroll will reflect that.  It may jump now because of the success they've had.  But that success means more money, more ability to shell out the bucks. 

Take L.A. and Manny.  L.A. traditionally draws huge numbers but they've been starving to get back to the prominence they once enjoyed.  Manny gave them a taste.  As a result, they made the playoffs, apparel sales skyrocketed, TV contracts went up etc.  Now, some basic math.  According to ESPN..

The Dodgers drew 3,730,000 fans last year.  The average ticket price to Dodger stadium is $30.00.  JUST....JUST the gate raked in $111,900,000.00.  Now, start adding on for the $9.00 beers and $10.00 stadium dogs and the gift shop sales and the restaurants in the stadium and on and on and on.  What kind of TV contract do you think the Dodgers have worked out?  How about the sale of Dodger gear all around the country, of which they certainly take a cut.  And if a team makes the playoffs..whoa!! The numbers are downright staggering.  Don't think cash isn't readily available in the big markets to pay these guys and make the owners VERY rich as well.

People pay money to see Manny be Manny.  They pay to see Pujolz knock the left field fence down.  They pay to see Ortiz spit in his hands, clap em' together and stroke it to the short porch in right.  And they certainly pay to see A-Roid chase the home run record.  If you're in a big market, money ain't the issue most of the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."