Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tournament measuring stick

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Tournament measuring stick
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:22:33 AM »
OK.  So I still stand by the measuring stick that was laid out by some of us last year.  We make the tourney or Lebo has to go.  With that in mind, what is it going to take for us to get there? 

We are 14-9 with 8 regular season games to play.  I say it is gonna take us 20 regular season wins to make the tourney and maybe a win in the SEC tourney to solidify a position. 

What say you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Ogre

Re: Tournament measuring stick
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:22:31 AM »
OK.  So I still stand by the measuring stick that was laid out by some of us last year.  We make the tourney or Lebo has to go.  With that in mind, what is it going to take for us to get there? 

We are 14-9 with 8 regular season games to play.  I say it is gonna take us 20 regular season wins to make the tourney and maybe a win in the SEC tourney to solidify a position. 

What say you?

I say we have to go 6-2 or 7-1 to finish the regular season in order to make the tournament.  Show of hands - who thinks that's possible?

That's what I thought.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:34:50 AM »
What if he actually does go 5-3 or 6-2 and wins a couple in the SEC Tourney?  That would secure an NIT bid.  Combine that with the promise of another very good recruiting class and a new arena...would that be enough in your opinion?

Just curious.  I think I know the answer already though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 09:38:45 AM »
What if he actually does go 5-3 or 6-2 and wins a couple in the SEC Tourney?  That would secure an NIT bid.  Combine that with the promise of another very good recruiting class and a new arena...would that be enough in your opinion?

It would give me hope but I think it is too little too late in my opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 10:06:58 AM »

Three years ago that might have been barely enough. 

Promises and excuses don't feed the children.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 10:12:10 AM »
I still say tourney or go.  I'm still not sold on their style of play and like I said earlier, they'll beat some teams simply because they've got some guys that can get hot from the arc.  If they're off, they get what they got in Ole Miss.  And free throw shooting? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 10:24:34 AM »
I say give him one more year because I see improvement.  While it may be little, it still counts. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 10:49:54 AM »
I say give him one more year because I see improvement.  While it may be little, it still counts. 

No, it fucking DOES NOT. 

A shadowy glimmer of improvement after five fucking years?  Fuck that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 11:57:53 AM »
No, it fucking DOES NOT. 

A shadowy glimmer of improvement after five fucking years?  Fuck that. 

I agree with the Joker on this one.  New arena, new coach = excitement for AU basketball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 01:37:55 PM »
My point of view on Auburn Basketball differs in degrees then my point of view on Auburn Football.  If you look at the revenues brought in by both programs, Auburn football obviously brings in a larger sum of money.  Therefore, I am less lax with the Auburn football results.  I want only the best. 

However,  I can see the other side where one only wants the best for Auburn.  I only want the best for Auburn, but I look at the first argument as well and factor that in a little bit.  I feel it is a lot harder to recruit 5 star recruits to Auburn for basketball then it is to recruit Running backs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 01:41:23 PM »
  I feel it is a lot harder to recruit 5 star recruits to Auburn for basketball then it is to recruit Running backs. 

This screams cop-out to me.  We should not settle for less no matter what sport it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 02:32:47 PM »
This screams cop-out to me.  We should not settle for less no matter what sport it is.
That is why you read all, not just some.

However,  I can see the other side where one only wants the best for Auburn.  I only want the best for Auburn, but I look at the first argument as well and factor that in a little bit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 02:55:50 PM »
That is why you read all, not just some.

Sit on the fence, get splinters in the ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 03:33:13 PM »
I just wonder how hard they even try to get the 5* guys.  With as many guys as there are thinking nothing but NBA and mega-quazillions of $$$...you would think someone would do what Sir Charles Drunkly advised.  "Damn, Auburn sucks. I could go there and be the man right off the bat."

I don't expect incredible things of Auburn basketball.  I DO expect them to be consistent invitees to the Big Dance and to be competitive year to year in the West.  64 (Actually 65) teams go to the tourney.  It's too much to ask that your program be at least in the top 64 in the country?  Lebo's had 5 years and this team ain't going again unless they do the unthinkable.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 06:17:44 PM »
I don't need you guys judging me, I'm on a boat mothafuckas!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions