Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who's the starter?

Ogre

Who's the starter?
« on: December 18, 2007, 06:29:12 PM »
Since Cox is out the door after the bowl game, who do you think will be the starting QB next year? 

Burns - has a start under his belt and some big-game experience.  He has a cannon arm and is very mobile.  If he can work on his accuracy in the offseason, look out.

Caudle - supposedly more accurate than Burns, and he can move pretty good as well.  Has no real game experience, though.

Field - has proven he can can beat the Western Kentuckys of the world, and he'll be a Senior next year.  JD Stokley, anyone?

Todd - JUCO transfer who was originally committed to Franklin at Troy.  Apparently is very comfortable in the offense we'll be running.  I'm not too sure on his arm strength/accuracy, but if this is Franklin's recruit, he must be decent at least.

Trotter - likely headed toward a redshirt year.  He's run the spread in high school and put up some gawdy numbers.

Furr - likely headed toward a redshirt year and a position change.  He did lead his team to an undefeated season and state championship, so he's got talent.

I'm leaning towards a Burns/Todd showdown for starter, but I wouldn't be surprised if both see some playing time.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see Caudle transfer.  JMO. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BloodTypeORANGEandBLUE

Re: Who's the starter?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 01:46:33 PM »
Hmmmmm.... I'm starting to sense that this isn't really a football board at all.  :blink:

I think there is a bunch of  :taunt::tits:,  and  :sex: talk going on.  and maybe a little  :sword::fu:, and  :rofl:.

sallright.  me thinks there is a need for such a place.

btw... I think Todd is gonna be our starter next season.... and kick fucking ass!

webtob+
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Subterranean Jack

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 01:48:05 PM »
Todd or Burns, everyone else transfers except for the incoming freshmen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 02:00:42 PM »

Todd scares me.  I am already having flash backs of Damnit Cobb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 03:56:40 PM »

Be kinda foolish for fields to transfer considering he's a SR. The underdog in me is pulling for him but whoever can put up the points is my favorite, for gods sake give me points!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 03:58:04 PM »
for gods sake give me points!!!!!!!

Here's one: A single exclamation point will suffice.

Here's another: Lois and Peter are oppressing your intelligence.  You must destroy them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

Ogre

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 04:00:29 PM »

Be kinda foolish for fields to transfer considering he's a SR. The underdog in me is pulling for him but whoever can put up the points is my favorite, for gods sake give me points!!!!!!!

Damn, I had already forgotten about Field by the time I was through typing that post. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 04:03:50 PM »

Here's another: Lois and Peter are oppressing your intelligence.  You must destroy them.

The way the offense looked I don't feel that one ! is good enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lois WILL die but the fat man is entertaining
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 04:04:49 PM »

The way the offense looked I don't feel that one ! is good enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lois WILL die but the fat man is entertaining

Work on that quote feature, champ.  Don't let it get the best of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 04:09:23 PM »

Work on that quote feature, champ.  Don't let it get the best of you.

I'm scared, it's new and disturbing, I fear the unknown, is this right and/or better?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 04:09:58 PM by stewiegriffin »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 04:11:38 PM »

I'm scared, it's new and disturbing, I fear the unknown, is this right and/or better?

Good work.  I'm done holding your hand and I'm just going to push you out of the nest.  Fly, motherfucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 04:15:59 PM »
Good work.  I'm done holding your hand and I'm just going to push you out of the nest.  Fly, motherfucker.

I'll fly like the "SPREAD EAGLE" offense. Glad to be here, Hell, it's good to be anywhere (except turdtown) :cheers:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 04:18:14 PM »

I'll fly like the "SPREAD EAGLE" offense.

You just keep all of your eagle spreadin to yourself...mmmmKay?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

auwallace

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 08:10:48 PM »
jesus christ can we not have a completely homosexual catch phrase for our offense?  shouldn't we be able to score consistently before middle aged reporters think they're being clever?

ps- site is awesome, nice change of pace....but you guys can fist your own dogs, god knows they're probably used to it by now, i mean i've seen them walking around with the horse diapers on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 04:05:08 AM »
Todd - JUCO transfer who was originally committed to Franklin at Troy.  Apparently is very comfortable in the offense we'll be running.  I'm not too sure on his arm strength/accuracy, but if this is Franklin's recruit, he must be decent at least.
:thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 08:53:36 AM »
Damn, I had already forgotten about Field by the time I was through typing that post. 
No problem...so have the coaches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tony The Tiger

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 09:46:24 AM »
Don't know who the starter will be, but I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple qbs rotating in and out. According to Franklin and Tuberville, qbs are liable to take a lot of beatings in the new O. So, that pretty much counts Caudle out. He's an Auburn Man, but he's brittle, bless his heart.

I think its great that we aren't going to be stuck with this "Brandon is our guy" bullshit mentality anymore. If a guy gets in a slump, let him cool his fucking heels for a while, like any other position. It's not the end of the world, and it's not a controversy unless you make it one. Change of pace is a good thing, and different qbs make it that much harder on opposing defenses.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Blake Field get some quality time along with Burns and the JUCO guy. Fields claims to be a tough bastard who likes to hit. Time to prove it. Burns is the heir apparent but we really didn't see a lot out of him because of the aforementioned old bullshit mentality. And I have no clue about the JUCO guy, so I'm not going to pretend otherwise. I've heard the same shit y'all have.

As for the future, let Furr and Trotter redshirt. Those two can battle it out in the years to come. After having seen Furr play a few games, I don't think he is going to be changing to some other position. He is exactly the kind of guy that can excel at qb in a spread or spread option offense.

That's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

War Eagle, motherfuckers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

evilme

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 10:10:23 AM »
Don't know who the starter will be, but I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple qbs rotating in and out. According to Franklin and Tuberville, qbs are liable to take a lot of beatings in the new O. So, that pretty much counts Caudle out. He's an Auburn Man, but he's brittle, bless his heart.

I think its great that we aren't going to be stuck with this "Brandon is our guy" bullshit mentality anymore. If a guy gets in a slump, let him cool his fucking heels for a while, like any other position. It's not the end of the world, and it's not a controversy unless you make it one. Change of pace is a good thing, and different qbs make it that much harder on opposing defenses.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Blake Field get some quality time along with Burns and the JUCO guy. Fields claims to be a tough bastard who likes to hit. Time to prove it. Burns is the heir apparent but we really didn't see a lot out of him because of the aforementioned old bullshit mentality. And I have no clue about the JUCO guy, so I'm not going to pretend otherwise. I've heard the same shit y'all have.

As for the future, let Furr and Trotter redshirt. Those two can battle it out in the years to come. After having seen Furr play a few games, I don't think he is going to be changing to some other position. He is exactly the kind of guy that can excel at qb in a spread or spread option offense.

That's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

War Eagle, motherfuckers.

Furr - Gonna be gooooooood in this system.

yeah
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 10:24:24 AM »
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Blake Field get some quality time along with Burns and the JUCO guy. Fields claims to be a tough bastard who likes to hit. Time to prove it.

Glad to hear the insight about Furr.  Everything I had seen on him made me wonder why I keep hearing that he will be moved?  He looks like a gamer in the backfield to me and his size seems adequate.

I did watch Field when he was moved to kickoff teams and he was not afraid to put a hat on somebody.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 10:33:54 AM »
Glad to hear the insight about Furr.  Everything I had seen on him made me wonder why I keep hearing that he will be moved?  He looks like a gamer in the backfield to me and his size seems adequate.

I did watch Field when he was moved to kickoff teams and he was not afraid to put a hat on somebody.

Furr has a lot of raw talent. But at this level, raw talent usually gets you a raw ass. I cold see him explode in a few years and become an AUsome QB. But from the get-go, I think Trotter is more relaxed in this offense. Furr will need to catch up mentally. I'm not saying he can't. It just seems that Trotter was better coached in this offense. Furr was just turned loose. As he should have been. He is an incredible talent. So what most folks mean about the position change is that he is so talented that he needs to be on the field somewhere. I like his teammate even better. Fortson WANTS the ball and is not afraid to go get it. We need a guy like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.