Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Because I want to stir the pot...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Because I want to stir the pot...
« on: January 29, 2009, 01:45:34 PM »
I recall there being some back and forth about the previous staff's efficacy.  The lack of immediate job offers for the assistants was offered as support for the ineffectiveness and/or complacency of the previous regime.  Eddie Gran was the focus of much of this debate.

I am not one to rely upon Finebaum's opinion, and I don't necessarily agree with him, but he does say the following during a rant against Lane Kiffin:

That move, and others, prompted Kiffin to proclaim: "With the staff now complete, not only do we have the best recruiters in the SEC but some of the best in the country. To be able to take South Carolina's recruiting coordinator, Mississippi State's recruiting coordinator, Alabama's best recruiter and Auburn's best recruiter over the past 10 years was a great accomplishment for us."

Not only was the comment classless, it reeked of inaccuracy.

We've already covered his brother-in-law (from South Carolina) and Thompson (who fled Tuscaloosa for personal reasons). The fact he is claiming to have Auburn's best recruiter is funny since Eddie Gran was unemployed after being let go. It wasn't like Kiffin won a bidding war with Southern Cal and Florida for his services. And, wow, bragging about taking Mississippi State's top recruiter is borderline comedy.

Discuss amongst yourselves.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:46:38 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Because I want to stir the pot...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 02:05:14 PM »
I recall there being some back and forth about the previous staff's efficacy.  The lack of immediate job offers for the assistants was offered as support for the ineffectiveness and/or complacency of the previous regime.  Eddie Gran was the focus of much of this debate.

I am not one to rely upon Finebaum's opinion, and I don't necessarily agree with him, but he does say the following during a rant against Lane Kiffin:

That move, and others, prompted Kiffin to proclaim: "With the staff now complete, not only do we have the best recruiters in the SEC but some of the best in the country. To be able to take South Carolina's recruiting coordinator, Mississippi State's recruiting coordinator, Alabama's best recruiter and Auburn's best recruiter over the past 10 years was a great accomplishment for us."

We've already covered his brother-in-law (from South Carolina) and Thompson (who fled Tuscaloosa for personal reasons). The fact he is claiming to have Auburn's best recruiter is funny since Eddie Gran was unemployed after being let go. It wasn't like Kiffin won a bidding war with Southern Cal and Florida for his services. And, wow, bragging about taking Mississippi State's top recruiter is borderline comedy.

Finebaum is a tool, but its pretty hard to argue with that last paragraph.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 02:20:32 PM »
Not to get into a big Finebaum debate, but I truly think the man is a tool on weekday afternoons only.  He's made a great living off nothing more than stirring the pot in the afternoon and letting his listening audience go off like a bunch of freakin' retards.  His articles/columns outside of that setting have been rational, well thought out pieces.  The interviews I've heard are actually pretty decent.  I'm sure nobody agrees with him all the time, but what sports columnist or talking head do you agree with all the time. 

I read that piece this morning and had no clue Kiffin was trying to make that many friends around the league so soon.  As the column points out, Kiffin and Ogre are a collective 15-40 between them.  As for Gran, more power to him.  He landed another SEC gig and I think deservedly so.  Was he the best RB coach of all time? Not hardly.  But he earned his stripes in the league and it's good to see him get this opportunity.     
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 02:21:30 PM by Harvey Birdman »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 02:22:16 PM »
I thought Willis was our best recruiter :tongue:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 02:24:20 PM »
I thought Willis was our best recruiter :tongue:

He's interviewing with Kiffin this afternoon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 02:29:31 PM »

What a fatuous dumbass. 

Everyone is unemployed after being let go.  They remain unemployed until they take a new job.  Finebaum's attempt to correlate his temporary lack of employment with his desirability as a coach flies over the border of ignorant and lands on buffoonery field.

Gran interviewed for one job. And he got it despite what some on here wanted to believe.

In today's market, landing the first job you interview for is rare.  So fuck Finebaum.  And fuck the entire "Gran sucked because he was unemployed for almost a whole month" crew. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 02:31:27 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 02:39:02 PM »
What a fatuous dumbass. 

Everyone is unemployed after being let go.  They remain unemployed until they take a new job.  Finebaum's attempt to correlate his temporary lack of employment with his desirability as a coach flies over the border of ignorant and lands on buffoonery field.

Gran interviewed for one job. And he got it despite what some on here wanted to believe.

In today's market, landing the first job you interview for is rare.  So fuck Finebaum.  And fuck the entire "Gran sucked because he was unemployed for almost a whole month" crew. 

One fish on the stringer...

Now, where's Chop???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 02:47:55 PM »
One fish on the stringer...

Now, where's Chop???

Are you into S&M as well?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 02:52:01 PM »

What do you have against Spaniards and Mexicans?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 02:57:48 PM »

Just the S...I'm a giver. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 03:28:57 PM »
I don't see anything between Finebaum and Kiffin, that I wouldn't expect them to say.  Seriously, what else would you expect Kiffin to say?  "Well, we put together a prrrretty good group".  Fuck 'em.  I think we got as good as folks now, if not better (probably better).

As far as Eddie Gran, maybe a change of venue and reduced responsibilities will be good for him.  I'm not a professional at hiring these postions and types of individual, no more than anyone else on this board.  I think he either got comfortable, complacent or even maybe lazy in his last year or two with Auburn.  Just my opinion.   What others think, I obviously won't change it and I don't care.

What else is going on?  Glad to be home after being in GA and getting one of my wisdom teeth yanked yesterday.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 03:41:27 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 03:31:35 PM »

You are absolutely wrong. No one on this board questioned any of that stuff. If you want to make stuff up, go play with the bammers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 03:39:08 PM »
You are absolutely wrong. No one on this board questioned any of that stuff. If you want to make stuff up, go play with the bammers.

Yeah, you got me.  I'm always making shit up. 

Click here to find out how big a dumbass you are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 03:43:59 PM »

Clearly not Bammerish.  You actually used the tried and true method of research and fact in support of your assertion of said dumbassedness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 03:54:38 PM »

And now the fisherman has been hooked also.

That was way too easy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 03:57:11 PM »
And now the fisherman has been hooked also.

That was way too easy.

Haha...touche, sir.  Well played.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 11:30:15 PM »
I don't see anything between Finebaum and Kiffin, that I wouldn't expect them to say.  Seriously, what else would you expect Kiffin to say?  "Well, we put together a prrrretty good group".  Fuck 'em.  I think we got as good as folks now, if not better (probably better).

This is funnier than 99% of the shit on Comedy Central.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.