Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

James Willis

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: James Willis
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2009, 05:29:19 AM »
Where the fuck else is he going to go? Arkansas State or Marshall.
I spoke with Coach Roberts and Coach Peoples last night they seem to think Mosley has a ton of talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2009, 08:45:54 AM »
I spoke with Coach Roberts and Coach Peoples last night they seem to think Mosley has a ton of talent.

High school coaches? So what?

Nobody who makes a living studying this stuff thinks he's anything more than a project. He had no other legit offers and that's the point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2009, 09:55:30 AM »
+$1 to Chizad
+$1 to AWK
+$1 to Kaos

Simple question Scissors...

Is this worse, same as, or more funny than Lance Thompson leaving Alabama?   I mean, since you're walking around in your glass house, you might as well put it all out there for us.
actually, i was about to bring up that point. alot of AU fans thought it was funny as hell that CLT left for our rival UT. alot of you thought it was funny as hell and indicitave of CNS' tyranny that assistants were leaving. it was also funny as hell that you guys were robbing other staffs of coaches who, according to folks like you and Prowler, are just so fucking awesome. thats all fine and dandy. but when Willis leaves for Alabama, oh, the fun and games come to a screeching halt ricky tick. he feels he hasn't been treated equally by AU's new saviors so he leaves. why thats Alabama's fault, is beyond me. i hated to lose CLT, but it was a decision he felt he had to make and i held no ill will towards him. i never talked down about him leaving once. if CNS left today i would be disappointed, but i wouldn't be pissed off at him. call that bullshit all you want, but save this thread and the day it happens feel free to call me on it if i get pissed off. it won't happen, though. the difference here is i really didn't see our fanbase shitting themselves, hurling the F-bomb at CLT, or generally being pissed off about him leaving. i saw alot of "well, damn...." and some disappointment that we lost a great recruiter, but i never really saw temper tantrums or anything. thats the difference between the two right now. coaches are in this business to make money, period and make the best lives for themselves. CLT decided that UT was a better fit for him, fine. even as fans it would be rather selfish to pitch a tantrum over a coach leaving for a situation he felt was better for him or his family.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 09:59:42 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2009, 10:08:40 AM »
actually, i was about to bring up that point. alot of AU fans thought it was funny as hell that CLT left for our rival UT. alot of you thought it was funny as hell and indicitave of CNS' tyranny that assistants were leaving. it was also funny as hell that you guys were robbing other staffs of coaches who, according to folks like you and Prowler, are just so fucking awesome. thats all fine and dandy. but when Willis leaves for Alabama, oh, the fun and games come to a screeching halt ricky tick. he feels he hasn't been treated equally by AU's new saviors so he leaves. why thats Alabama's fault, is beyond me. i hated to lose CLT, but it was a decision he felt he had to make and i held no ill will towards him. i never talked down about him leaving once. if CNS left today i would be disappointed, but i wouldn't be pissed off at him. call that bullshit all you want, but save this thread and the day it happens feel free to call me on it if i get pissed off. it won't happen, though. coaches are in this business to make money, period and make the best lives for themselves. CLT decided that UT was a better fit for him, fine. even as fans it would be rather selfish to pitch a tantrum over a coach leaving for a situation he felt was better for him or his family.

Listen dipshit...

First, no one is calling Chizik a savior. Auburn doesn't need saving. And we aren't in the UA business of worshipping and loving coaches over our University. It just doesn't happen that way on the plains.

Second, I am not as much pissed as much as I just con not fathom the move. I seriously can not comprehend it. How can, what seemed to be a true "Auburn" guy, make a lateral move to Alabama. Willis played football at Auburn, was I believe a GQ at Auburn, and then coached his last 3 years at Auburn. How the FUCK do you put on crimson. I didn't even go to school at Auburn (one of the things that I truly regret in life) and I wouldn't even THINK about going to Alabama. Wouldn't even cross my mind. How do you even take a call from Saban? If it was me, the call would go like this:

Me: Hello

Saban: Hey Coach, this is Nick

Me: What do you want?

Saban: I want you to come work for me.

Me: Fuck you.

Dialtone............

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2009, 10:32:53 AM »
Listen dipshit...

First, no one is calling Chizik a savior. Auburn doesn't need saving. And we aren't in the UA business of worshipping and loving coaches over our University. It just doesn't happen that way on the plains. apparently you have The Prowler and AC on ignore, and apparently you do not read other message boards. for all that you guys ridiculed us about hiring CNS and how we reacted, you really should take a closer look at some of your own fanbase. maybe you just selectively choose to ignore it, or maybe you honestly just haven't realized it, i don't know. while you very well may have kept a level head about it, others haven't. even some on this board have made him out to be the next coming of Jesus almost. realize these things before you go saying nobody is worshiping them.

Second, I am not as much pissed as much as I just con not fathom the move. I seriously can not comprehend it. How can, what seemed to be a true "Auburn" guy, make a lateral move to Alabama. Willis played football at Auburn, was I believe a GQ at Auburn, and then coached his last 3 years at Auburn. How the FUCK do you put on crimson. I didn't even go to school at Auburn (one of the things that I truly regret in life) and I wouldn't even THINK about going to Alabama. Wouldn't even cross my mind. How do you even take a call from Saban? If it was me, the call would go like this: did it ever cross your mind that MAYBE Willis contacted CNS? i'll just throw that out there and see if it sticks to the wall. let it swish around a little. i agree with you on one point though, how in the hell does a coach who played at AU and has so much history with AU come to Alabama? apparently Willis was eager to get out of AU. couple those two factors and it would be reasonable to at least fathom that Willis could have contacted CNS about the opening. this thing happened very quickly and Willis was the only one to interview for the second open position. i'm not saying it absolutely happened that way, i'm just saying it could be possible. its kind of a headscratcher. but apparently things were THAT bad at AU that he felt he needed to get out is one thing that i think is apparent.

Me: What do you want?

Saban: I want you to come work for me.

Me: Fuck you.

Dialtone............

« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:34:12 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2009, 10:33:37 AM »

What if... and this is just one of those things that's floating around... what if Willis made the first move?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2009, 10:35:14 AM »
alot of AU fans thought it was funny as hell that CLT left for our rival UT.

I still think it's funny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2009, 10:50:26 AM »
Since it hasn't been posted here, there was word on Jay Tate's blog that Willis was upset with Jay Jacobs because the AD wanted him to pay back his $70K severance he received when Tub was fired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2009, 10:55:20 AM »
Since it hasn't been posted here, there was word on Jay Tate's blog that Willis was upset with Jay Jacobs because the AD wanted him to pay back his $70K severance he received when Tub was fired.

Did he have that severance in hand or was he anticipating it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2009, 11:00:53 AM »
Did he have that severance in hand or was he anticipating it?

I think he had it in hand...as in it had been paid to him and they were asking for it back.

If so, this is directly on JJ again... WTF is $70k...seriously. JJ needs to be taken into BEMC and tied to a basketball goal, right before they demolish it...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:01:28 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2009, 11:14:58 AM »
I think he had it in hand...as in it had been paid to him and they were asking for it back.

If so, this is directly on JJ again... WTF is $70k...seriously. JJ needs to be taken into BEMC and tied to a basketball goal, right before they demolish it...

:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2009, 11:15:04 AM »

Auburn is a state agency, right?

Unless they violated the rules his severance would have been paid out either in a lump sum in the next check run or disbursed in portions over time.

When was he fired and when was the next check series run?  

God forbid that I would ever take up for Jacobs, because I hate him, but...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2009, 11:15:49 AM »

70k is a big deal on an audit and hard to justify writing off just because you can.  I understand that in a multimillion dollar business it is not much but imagine it was just written off and it came out later.  

1) We would be crucified by the media (again) for wasting resources. (and imo rightfully so)

2) Does it not set a precedent for future situations?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2009, 11:20:12 AM »
70k is a big deal on an audit and hard to justify writing off just because you can.  I understand that in a multimillion dollar business it is not much but imagine it was just written off and it came out later.  

1) We would be crucified by the media (again) for wasting resources. (and imo rightfully so)

2) Does it not set a precedent for future situations?

But giving Tuberville $5M "because we're nice guys and it felt right"  is okay with the auditors? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2009, 11:22:11 AM »

if it was over $70k, then i agree with you there. if he was given $70k as severance pay, then hired back, then that would be sort of Chizik's fault for firing him in the first place only to rehire him weeks later. personally i think the only reason Willis was hired back was because of his connections with some guys pretty high up on the recruiting board and their reactions after Willis left. but in any event, he was fired. it wasn't his fault that Chizik realized he fucked up and then wanted him back. why should he owe that back? for fucks sake, AU just gave CTT $5.1 million for "resigning" from his position. the people at work who just got laid off that were given severance were also told that if their positions open back up in the future we would call them. they're not going to have to pay that shit back. to ask Willis to pay it back is ridiculous.....if that is in fact what happened.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:23:09 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2009, 11:22:36 AM »
But giving Tuberville $5M "because we're nice guys and it felt right"  is okay with the auditors? 

No, I don't think that is alright either which tells me that there is more to the story than we were told.  (which I do not believe is surprising to anyone who has their eyes open)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2009, 11:25:57 AM »
the people at work who just got laid off that were given severance were also told that if their positions open back up in the future we would call them. they're not going to have to pay that shit back.

Speaking as someone who fires and lays off, I will bet money these people will not see those jobs again anytime soon.  That is what you call making 'em feel good after you have kicked them in the nutts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2009, 11:29:26 AM »
This is from a rivals article. It is from another unnamed source so take it for what it's worth.

A source close to the situation told AuburnSports.com that Willis was uncomfortable with his role on Chizik's new staff and didn't feel like he was on equal footing with the assistants hired by Chizik.

There were also monetary issues involved according to the source. Willis was given a severance check, along with the rest of AU's former coaches after Chizik arrived. Shortly after Willis was re-hired by Auburn two weeks later, they asked for him to return the check.

IF this is true, it sounds like he had the check and was asked to pay them back. Whether that was in the form of reimbursement from money taken out of his check every month, or if they were asking for a check for the full amount from Willis, I have no idea. Either way it is wrong. And either way it sounds like JJ has fucked up again...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2009, 11:34:13 AM »
There were also monetary issues involved according to the source. Willis was given a severance check, along with the rest of AU's former coaches after Chizik arrived. Shortly after Willis was re-hired by Auburn two weeks later, they asked for him to return the check.

Maybe he blew all of it on pussy and beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2009, 11:38:21 AM »

Maybe he blew all of it on pussy and beer.
what red blooded American wouldn't?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions