Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Old Staff Sure Is Highly Sought After

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: The Old Staff Sure Is Highly Sought After
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2009, 04:58:42 PM »
How did I lose my argument?  My argument was in regards to the offensive staff in it's entirety.

BTW is Gran planning on exhuming his daughter and moving her to Tenn.  Wasn't the proximity to his dead daughter one of arguments for not taking a job yet?

GAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM it. 

I was like, "okay, why didnt tenny snatch him up after the interview?". Looks like he's not a hotcommodity as much as someone who rode running back U as long as he could.

You see that quote right there? 

I'm not saying he wasn't a good coach. I'm just saying if he's so fucking great, why hasn't he been hired yet?

And that one there?  They come from page one.  They are in reference to Eddie Gran.  I've never referenced any other coaches.  I don't know who in the fuck you were arguing with, but it certainly wasn't me. 

I told you in about 10 different posts that my only source of contention with what was said was in reference to Gran not being worth a shit because he hadn't taken a job yet. 

That's it.  Beginning and end.  There was nothing else.  I argued no other points.  You guys were the ones spinning out in space talking about Stinkfinger and who the fuck knows what else.  None of it was relevant to the point you lost.  I never wavered.  I swear to God, this is simple. I say the same thing over and over waiting for it to sink in. Why is it so hard to grasp?

It was said that Gran not being at Tennessee where he interviewed was proof that he wasn't worth a shit.  I offered a dozen different possibilities other than his general coaching shittiness, one of which was the location of his daughter's burial plot.  Any of them were plausible.

I'm sorry to see that he's going to the extreme of having her exhumed, though.  That makes me sad. 

Not once in any of the six fucking pages of this thread has my argument been with anything else. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2009, 06:13:59 PM »
Obviously my fucking ass.

Were you in on the interviews?  Can you provide me with a list of coaches who turned down Tennessee? 

Christ at the logical hoops people around here jump through. 

We'll be fine without him.  We'd have been fine with him.  Gran wasn't the problem. 

Who said gran was the problem? Who said we wouldn't have been fine with him? You are a master re-crafter.

I knew the obviously would get you.  :clap:  No, it's not obvious. I'm sure it took like a month for the urinalysis to come back or something like that.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2009, 09:50:07 PM »
Had Tuberville stayed all three of them would have been reassigned or pushed out. 

To turn your own argumentative strategy on you: back up your assertion.

I can provide at least one plausible (and, by your own admission,  that's the standard) to blow it out of the water:

Ensminger, Knox and Nall could have all promised to coach extra hard next year to avoid the axe.

That's where it ends.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2009, 12:17:17 AM »
To turn your own argumentative strategy on you: back up your assertion.

I can provide at least one plausible (and, by your own admission,  that's the standard) to blow it out of the water:

Ensminger, Knox and Nall could have all promised to coach extra hard next year to avoid the axe.

That's where it ends.

Irrelevant. Arguing topics not in question.

Case closed. Five pages ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2009, 12:30:00 AM »

Kaos, Your weekend life must be as exciting as mine.  What the hell are you doing on the net at 11:30 on a Saturday night?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2009, 12:44:24 AM »
Just bored.  Doing some work and reading some of this unbelievable stuff.

Going to do two columns tomorrow. One on carrolls two faced BCS stance. And another on the Chiz fallout and the three or four camps.

I think Prowler and GW represent the two extremes and both are just as unhinged. Prowler, in particular, has lost his mind. He's trying to convince people that Whoopi Goldberg is Eva Mendes. Most of the rest of us are between those two extremes. I will say that from everything I've heard the number of militant supporters like prowler is in the low single digits. Like less than 1%.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2009, 12:56:21 AM »
Just bored.  Doing some work and reading some of this unbelievable stuff.

Going to do two columns tomorrow. One on carrolls two faced BCS stance. And another on the Chiz fallout and the three or four camps.

I think Prowler and GW represent the two extremes and both are just as unhinged. Prowler, in particular, has lost his mind. He's trying to convince people that Whoopi Goldberg is Eva Mendes. Most of the rest of us are between those two extremes. I will say that from everything I've heard the number of militant supporters like prowler is in the low single digits. Like less than 1%.

The Prowler thing may be true, however if you talk to most of the AU fans ( most of them don't frequent message boards) I think you will find that the overwhelmong sentiment is both pro Auburn and Pro Chizik right now.  There are enough positives to make the average AU fan optimistic.  I just ask as our resident "journalist" that you take that into account.

War Eagle,
AUTR
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2009, 01:07:32 AM »
I'm always fair.

Prowler is the only person I've talked to anywhere in any capacity who's gung fucking chizik ho. 

Most don't like the hire, have concerns but have resigned themselves to seeing how it plays out -- since there really isn't any other choice. They are encouraged that the new staff seems solid and that there is alleged movement in recruiting.

I just don't sense a huge pro chiz groundswell but the number of people standing on the bridge ready to jump has decreased.
If chiz shits the bed though? There won't be much patience. Greasy will look like a peacenik then!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2009, 01:18:10 AM »
I'm always fair.

Prowler is the only person I've talked to anywhere in any capacity who's gung fucking chizik ho. 

Most don't like the hire, have concerns but have resigned themselves to seeing how it plays out -- since there really isn't any other choice. They are encouraged that the new staff seems solid and that there is alleged movement in recruiting.

I just don't sense a huge pro chiz groundswell but the number of people standing on the bridge ready to jump has decreased.
If chiz shits the bed though? There won't be much patience. Greasy will look like a peacenik then!!!

Unfortunately the greaseys of the world make more noise than the average fan.  It is unfair to crucify Chiz if we lose a game early next year that we were suppose to win ( after all that was allways the knock on Tommy) while not waiting to see the finished product by years end.

The only thing that concerns me with the attitude that you and Greasy have shown is that we may very well show many signs of improvement that the record may not show and you guys (the loud critics) may put us even many more years behind the 8 ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2009, 01:31:12 AM »
Can't speak for GW but you misjudge me.

He gets whatever credit he earns.

Important to note at this point, though, that if Tuberville had remained, nothing less than 9 wins would have been acceptable, particularly considering the amount of returning talent.

Chiz does not get a pass. He isn't starting from ground zero and if he starts trying to peddle that load of shit I will wash my hands of him completely. 

He doesn't get a couple of mulligan seasons. He better hit it running
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 01:36:14 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2009, 04:28:24 AM »
The reasons why I'm backing Coach Chizik is because I know he's a Great Coach (albeit his two year HC record at a Cesspool doesn't reflect that), he has hired some Really Good to Great Coaches that happen to be Really Good to Great Recruiters, and the fact that You (kaos) and greaseydick have been on here basically blasting Coach Chizik from the get go and have yet to let up. If you and your little buddy would just open your fuckin' eyes and realize that Coach Chizik is more than just (5-19) and that there's a possibility that he could do great things at Auburn. But, NO....your vendetta against JJ has gotten in the way of that kind of thinking
So when I say, "Hey, Coach Chizik is actually a Great Coach", people, like yourself, come back with, "You don't know anything about football...you wouldn't know a good coach if he came up on your doorstep"....Really?  If Coach Chizik was just an average coach, then why would ISU propose a 2 year extension to his contract, after he went (5-19)?  Why would Texas want him back as DC and extremely possible HCIW after the '07 year?
Also, how many people here were fuckin' Pissed when Coach Chizik left, not only that he took a lateral move, but that he was that good of a coach and Auburn let him get away?  Being that I know a thing or two about football, I knew that CTT is a Great Coach, he was the one that made the hire, and I felt that he would bring in another coach that was almost as good as Coach Chizik....Funny thing, there was one coach that was on the list of possible replacments for CGC, but at the time, he was in his third year as the HC at Duke. I didn't want to see CGC go, because I knew how great of a coach that he was.  I was pissed that he took a lateral move and that he stated that he felt he could get a HC job quicker at Texas than at Auburn.  But what do I know about football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2009, 04:53:44 AM »

I'd have a lot more respect for your argument, no matter how tangential the issue, if you played by the same rules that you insist that your oppents observe.

You made a bullshit, baseless assertion that you can't support (much like you've beat the shit out of Chopper for doing) and I think that it's only fair that you be held to the the same logic standard. 

Own that or lose your logical/moral high ground.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2009, 08:10:14 AM »
I'd have a lot more respect for your argument, no matter how tangential the issue, if you played by the same rules that you insist that your oppents observe.

You made a bullshit, baseless assertion that you can't support (much like you've beat the shit out of Chopper for doing) and I think that it's only fair that you be held to the the same logic standard. 

Own that or lose your logical/moral high ground.

You're going to have to go back and show me the context.  I don't even remember where that came from or what it was in reply to.  If it was used as a possibility to counter another cockeyed theory, it only has to meet the burden of being plausible, it doesn't have to be proveable. Reasonable doubt. 

I'd go back and look it up to see, but I'm still in the floor laughing at anybody calling Chiz a "great" coach. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2009, 08:33:00 AM »
The reasons why I'm backing Coach Chizik is because I know he's a Great Coach (albeit his two year HC record at a Cesspool doesn't reflect that), he has hired some Really Good to Great Coaches that happen to be Really Good to Great Recruiters, and the fact that You (kaos) and greaseydick have been on here basically blasting Coach Chizik from the get go and have yet to let up. If you and your little buddy would just open your fuckin' eyes and realize that Coach Chizik is more than just (5-19) and that there's a possibility that he could do great things at Auburn. But, NO....your vendetta against JJ has gotten in the way of that kind of thinking
So when I say, "Hey, Coach Chizik is actually a Great Coach", people, like yourself, come back with, "You don't know anything about football...you wouldn't know a good coach if he came up on your doorstep"....Really?  If Coach Chizik was just an average coach, then why would ISU propose a 2 year extension to his contract, after he went (5-19)?  Why would Texas want him back as DC and extremely possible HCIW after the '07 year?
Also, how many people here were fuckin' Pissed when Coach Chizik left, not only that he took a lateral move, but that he was that good of a coach and Auburn let him get away?  Being that I know a thing or two about football, I knew that CTT is a Great Coach, he was the one that made the hire, and I felt that he would bring in another coach that was almost as good as Coach Chizik....Funny thing, there was one coach that was on the list of possible replacments for CGC, but at the time, he was in his third year as the HC at Duke. I didn't want to see CGC go, because I knew how great of a coach that he was.  I was pissed that he took a lateral move and that he stated that he felt he could get a HC job quicker at Texas than at Auburn.  But what do I know about football.

Being that a lot of people know a thing or two about football, you don't have the only legitimate viewpoint. 

Elite programs hire elite coaches.  Second-rate programs roll the dice on experiments, take chances on rejects, give mulligans to inferior candidates. 

With this hire, Jay Jacobs clearly indicated what he believes Auburn to be. 

I will never, ever get over that. 

Winners win. They don't have to make a thousand excuses for why they didn't.  What was Bowling Green before Urban Meyer got there? Any idea?

They were 5-6, 4-7, 3-8, 5-6, 5-6 and 2-9 in the six years before he got there.  They were 8-3 and 9-3 in his two seasons as head coach.  When he left, they went 11-3 and 9-3 on his recruits before sliding back to 6-5, 4-8. 

What was TCU before Patterson got there? What was Tulsa before Graham? What was Buffalo before Gill? 

Winners win, Prowler. Winners don't have to write essays (or have other people write them) to explain all the reasons why they didn't.

Chizik did a decent job as a coordinator. I don't doubt that Texas might have welcomed him back as coordinator. You're pulling things out of your ass and making them up to support your argument, however, when you state they "may have wanted him as HCIW."  They may have wanted to name him homecoming queen or fairy princess too.

I've got no problems with him as a DC.  If he'd come back to AU in that capacity, I'd be right there with you arguing his case. But he didn't.  World of difference.

When given the reins of a program he failed by every measurable standard. He could not handle THAT job. As you yourself confirmed, offense, defense, recruiting and wins dropped while he was there.  Who knows why ISU allegedly offered an extension?  They're stupid, I guess. Why did Alabama give Mike Shula an extension? Why did Notre Dame give Charlie Weiss a 50-year contract? Because they're idiots?  ISU's interest or lack thereof in Chiz is of no consequence to me.

Prowler, there's nothing you can say that will convince me at this point that chiz is a great or even a good head coach. There's nothing on his resume other than some big ass talk that he hasn't backed up to support that idea.

It's absolutely ridiculous on your part to disparage people as Bammers just because they don't share your optimism. Most of us realize that we're stuck with the guy and don't have a whole lot of other choice but to see how it plays out.  Some are cautiously optimistic, some are more along the lines of dreading it, but hoping it somehow turns out okay. Some folks just think its an abortion. Doesn't mean that anybody loves Auburn any less or that they "don't know football" just because they don't agree with you.  Frankly, not many people do. The island you're on is just as small or smaller than the one GW is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2009, 11:45:51 AM »
According to the shortfall in donations since the hire was announced then his island is more of an islet or maybe just a shallow place.
Mine is quite populated and has free drinks and native girls dancing topless.
Oh prowler prowler prowler just because you have played football under friends and fans of the chizpanzee does not make you a football genius. But if you will call lowder or dye I'm sure your blind stupidity can get you a nice little coaching gig of some kind at Auburn right now. Just remember when they answer the phone the first words out of your mouth need to be "Fuck Tubbs".
Thats all you need to know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2009, 01:00:34 PM »
According to the shortfall in donations since the hire was announced then his island is more of an islet or maybe just a shallow place.
Mine is quite populated and has free drinks and native girls dancing topless.
Oh prowler prowler prowler just because you have played football under friends and fans of the chizpanzee does not make you a football genius. But if you will call lowder or dye I'm sure your blind stupidity can get you a nice little coaching gig of some kind at Auburn right now. Just remember when they answer the phone the first words out of your mouth need to be "Fuck Tubbs".
Thats all you need to know.
He played football and you play with yourself, I bet your the best BALLplayer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

wesfau2

« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2009, 01:35:02 PM »
You're going to have to go back and show me the context.  I don't even remember where that came from or what it was in reply to.  If it was used as a possibility to counter another cockeyed theory, it only has to meet the burden of being plausible, it doesn't have to be proveable. Reasonable doubt. 

I'd go back and look it up to see, but I'm still in the floor laughing at anybody calling Chiz a "great" coach. 

It wasn't a rebuttal, it was your flat, definitive statement.

You're better than this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2009, 02:07:37 PM »
Hey, Kaos......Remind me, when did I state that Coach Chizik is a Great Head Coach?  Find that for me while you waste your time typing out drivel after drivel in you retarded attempt to show people that you know football.  And fyi, Texas had talked about possibly making Coach Chizik the HCIW when they wanted him back, that's the truth.  Oh, I guess, that would just squash greaseydick and your crusade against Auburn...the would mean an Elite University wanted our HC, at one point, to be their HCIW....nah that can't be true, it just can't.  Dumbasses

I stated about the fact that I do know a thing or two about football, because You and your little fuck buddy have questioned that.  I've never stated that, this is my point of view you better go with it, now did I?  I stated my opinions on Coach Chizik, because you and your band mate keep questioning my opinion, making yourself look dumber and dumber each time you do it.  I really question y'alls knowledge in anything relating to football.

If you fucksticks will give him some time....Oh wait, that would make too much sense, forget that I suggested that.

And greaseyass, who the fuck said that I played under friends and/or fans of Coach Chizik?  What the Fuck does that have to do with anything?  See, you are completely retarded....Do you still wear your medal that you won 10 years ago??  Yeah....good luck on your island, too bad that it'll be pretty close to being deserted once the season starts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2009, 02:45:31 PM »
Gee Prowler, I don't know. Six or seven times in this thread?

Why should I give him time to fuck up?

Fuck who knows more about football. Could give a shit if you invented the game. This isn't about football and whether he teaches the swim move or the uppercut. This is about his ability to manage a program. Lots of good coordinators make shitty head coaches. Right now that's the book on chiz. You don't have to know the difference between a football and a rice krispie treat to know that.

Funny nobody but you knows anything about Texas wanting chiz back as HCIW. Are you Mack Brown? Don't yank shit out of thin air.

And finally? I don't have a crusade against Auburn. It's my opinion that the myopic "love the Chiz" crowd are the ones who are most likely to harm AU.

So you keep on tooting the Chiz's pathetic horn. I'll keep on hoping Jacobs didn't completely screw the pooch and it works out okay. Won't make this abortion of a hire any more right and won't lessen my desire to see jacobs fired.   

Hey, Kaos......Remind me, when did I state that Coach Chizik is a Great Head Coach?  Find that for me while you waste your time typing out drivel after drivel in you retarded attempt to show people that you know football.  And fyi, Texas had talked about possibly making Coach Chizik the HCIW when they wanted him back, that's the truth.  Oh, I guess, that would just squash greaseydick and your crusade against Auburn...the would mean an Elite University wanted our HC, at one point, to be their HCIW....nah that can't be true, it just can't.  Dumbasses

I stated about the fact that I do know a thing or two about football, because You and  :cage:your little fuck buddy have questioned that.  I've never stated that, this is my point of view you better go with it, now did I?  I stated my opinions on Coach Chizik, because you and your band mate keep questioning my opinion, making yourself look dumber and dumber each time you do it.  I really question y'alls knowledge in anything relating to football.

If you fucksticks will give him some time....Oh wait, that would make too much sense, forget that I suggested that.

And greaseyass, who the fuck said that I played under friends and/or fans of Coach Chizik?  What the Fuck does that have to do with anything?  See, you are completely retarded....Do you still wear your medal that you won 10 years ago??  Yeah....good luck on your island, too bad that it'll be pretty close to being deserted once the season starts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2009, 02:57:35 PM »
Gee Prowler, I don't know. Six or seven times in this thread?

Why should I give him time to fuck up?

Fuck who knows more about football. Could give a shit if you invented the game. This isn't about football and whether he teaches the swim move or the uppercut. This is about his ability to manage a program. Lots of good coordinators make shitty head coaches. Right now that's the book on chiz. You don't have to know the difference between a football and a rice krispie treat to know that.

Funny nobody but you knows anything about Texas wanting chiz back as HCIW. Are you Mack Brown? Don't yank shit out of thin air.

And finally? I don't have a crusade against Auburn. It's my opinion that the myopic "love the Chiz" crowd are the ones who are most likely to harm AU.

So you keep on tooting the Chiz's pathetic horn. I'll keep on hoping Jacobs didn't completely screw the pooch and it works out okay. Won't make this abortion of a hire any more right and won't lessen my desire to see jacobs fired.   

You take this waaaaay too serious.   :poke:

I keeeed. I keeeeeed!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 02:58:09 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions