No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Re: The Old Staff Sure Is Highly Sought After
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2009, 01:47:39 PM »
Looked like a yeti.

So it has yellow teeth?!?!  Good lord....  Wait, I'm probably thinking of another type of Yeti...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2009, 01:53:23 PM »
Why am I not on this email list?

Cause you didn't raise your hand when the class was asked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2009, 01:58:11 PM »
My theory is that you don't know shit and are making broad unsupportable leaps of logic.  That's my theory in a nutshell.

You are using the point that Eddie Gran has yet to take a coaching position elsewhere to validate your opinion that he must not be "the schiznit."  

That's ridiculous.  All you know is that he talked to Tennessee and didn't take a job there.  That could mean any number of things, only one of which is that he was rejected.  

You don't think Bill Cowher's looking for the right opportunity?  That he wouldn't take a job he thought was a good fit?  

Can you say for certain that Eddie isn't waiting for the right job to come along?  You ever considered where his daughter is FUCKING BURIED?  That he might not want to move a long way from that and for that reason ruled out a ton of possible places?  

Even an opinion should have some basis to support it.  Yours doesn't.   Now go fist a dog.  

Once again you are crafting an argument for me that I am not making. I don't understand how I can make what I have said any simpler for you to understand.

I've never said gran may not be waiting for the right job. He may very well be. People on another board were saying that gran was basically the god of rb coaches. I differed. Have said repeatedly he is a good coach and a very good recruiter.

What I have said is that if he were the absolute shit that some have tried to make him out to be, something would have opened up for him. He wouldn't be there long waiting for something.

Your cowher analogies are just plain stupid. The guy won a super fucking bowl as a head coach. Gran is a rb coach. Cowher has more reason to bide his time and not rush into a job.

Gran was an rb coach on a staff that went up in flames. If he's cherry picking too hard he must be well off financially from his time on the plains.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a job soon.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2009, 02:05:53 PM »
Where do you find one of these "super fucking bowls" of which you speak?  I just happen to have a lot of super fucking candy and things I could use this for.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2009, 02:38:39 PM »
Why am I not on this email list?

I just caught you up with the last couple weeks worth
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2009, 03:08:52 PM »

Well we won't be reading anything from BK for a while.   :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2009, 05:47:11 PM »
Once again you are crafting an argument for me that I am not making. I don't understand how I can make what I have said any simpler for you to understand.

I've never said gran may not be waiting for the right job. He may very well be. People on another board were saying that gran was basically the god of rb coaches. I differed. Have said repeatedly he is a good coach and a very good recruiter.

What I have said is that if he were the absolute shit that some have tried to make him out to be, something would have opened up for him. He wouldn't be there long waiting for something.

Your cowher analogies are just plain stupid. The guy won a super fucking bowl as a head coach. Gran is a rb coach. Cowher has more reason to bide his time and not rush into a job.

Gran was an rb coach on a staff that went up in flames. If he's cherry picking too hard he must be well off financially from his time on the plains.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a job soon.

Your argument is that "if Gran were all that, he would have gotten another job."  Did I misstate your position? 

And I reply -- again -- that using whether or not he has a job at this point (a month from the end of his association with Auburn) as the measuring stick of his quality fails.  It is in no way a reflection on his performance or lack thereof.  There could be a hundred different explanations for the fact that he hasn't taken (or so far as anyone can ascertain really even looked for) a job.

Therefore your statement is bogus.   In fact, if you'll notice in your reply above you completely gutted your own position. Funny how that works. 

The end.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 05:48:35 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2009, 10:02:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2009, 10:08:42 PM »
Maybe Coach Gran is waiting for an Offensive Coordinator job to open up?  He's coached his RBs in 4-5 different styles of offenses....I would've liked to seen Coach Gran as the OC over Fucksinger or Nallsminger.  I'm kinda surprised that he hasn't landed the job at Iowa State, but he probably realizes that ISU is a grave yard right now.  Like it was stated before, I would be highly surprised if he isn't coaching somewhere next year.  I just think that Coach Gran is wanting a coaching job at a program that's similar to the Tennessee job, meaning the type of prestige that Tenn. is.  Where ever he lands, I'll be pulling for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2009, 09:32:23 AM »
You are the man!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2009, 02:10:58 PM »
Your argument is that "if Gran were all that, he would have gotten another job."  Did I misstate your position? 

And I reply -- again -- that using whether or not he has a job at this point (a month from the end of his association with Auburn) as the measuring stick of his quality fails.  It is in no way a reflection on his performance or lack thereof.  There could be a hundred different explanations for the fact that he hasn't taken (or so far as anyone can ascertain really even looked for) a job.

Therefore your statement is bogus.   In fact, if you'll notice in your reply above you completely gutted your own position. Funny how that works. 

The end.

You are so funny. Obviously you can't comprehend what I am trying to communicate with you.

Anyways, there is a thread on another board that tenny actually picked gran up. So my new position is that if Gran were basically the God of rb coaches that a few think he is, it wouldn't have taken tenny so long to decide to hire him.

You are making one argument and trying to force another on me. The guy is good, no one has said he isn't. I'm just saying all along that he isn't the Jesus of rb coaches imo. AU and our rb's will be fine without him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2009, 03:26:57 PM »
You are so funny. Obviously you can't comprehend what I am trying to communicate with you.

Anyways, there is a thread on another board that tenny actually picked gran up. So my new position is that if Gran were basically the God of rb coaches that a few think he is, it wouldn't have taken tenny so long to decide to hire him.

You are making one argument and trying to force another on me. The guy is good, no one has said he isn't. I'm just saying all along that he isn't the Jesus of rb coaches imo. AU and our rb's will be fine without him.

Do you want me to back up and post your original statement again? 

You are changing your argument in mid-stream yet again.  But that's okay.   Lane Kiffin bitch-slapped your original point anyway.  Terry Price just nut-punted the remainder of your erroneous stance to Afghanistan.

Everybody knew that Stinkfinger and Knox were awful.  Everybody knew that Nall was burned out.  Had Tuberville stayed all three of them would have been reassigned or pushed out. 

And that's where it ends.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2009, 03:38:22 PM »
Had Tuberville stayed all three of them would have been reassigned or pushed out. 

[/quote]

Is that what Tuberville told you before he left/was fired?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2009, 03:46:57 PM »
Had Tuberville stayed all three of them would have been reassigned or pushed out. 

Is that what Tuberville told you before he left/was fired?

Lose one argument and crawl scratching and bleeding up to make another?  Ha ha ha.  You remind me of Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke.  Lay down, Luke, just lay down. 

No, Tuberville didn't tell me that.  Suzanne did.  Oooops!  Dammit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2009, 03:53:53 PM »
I, along with many others, have recently teabagged your inside source.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2009, 03:56:47 PM »
Do you want me to back up and post your original statement again? 

You are changing your argument in mid-stream yet again.  But that's okay.   Lane Kiffin bitch-slapped your original point anyway.  Terry Price just nut-punted the remainder of your erroneous stance to Afghanistan.

Everybody knew that Stinkfinger and Knox were awful.  Everybody knew that Nall was burned out.  Had Tuberville stayed all three of them would have been reassigned or pushed out. 

Obviously, kiffin got several no's before deciding to go with gran.   Kudos to gran though. I'm glad he got a good job.  

I'll admit my original post was a bit over the top. It was more in response to the deification some seem to have with gran as a rb coach. I didn't and don't see it. The guy is good and a really good recruiter. Like I said, we'll be fine without him.

I'd be surprised if he is as successful at UT afa producing big name backs, but if he is I'll take my hat off to him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2009, 04:12:23 PM »
Lose one argument and crawl scratching and bleeding up to make another?  Ha ha ha.  You remind me of Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke.  Lay down, Luke, just lay down. 

No, Tuberville didn't tell me that.  Suzanne did.  Oooops!  Dammit. 

How did I lose my argument?  My argument was in regards to the offensive staff in it's entirety.

BTW is Gran planning on exhuming his daughter and moving her to Tenn.  Wasn't the proximity to his dead daughter one of arguments for not taking a job yet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2009, 04:31:52 PM »
How did I lose my argument?  My argument was in regards to the offensive staff in it's entirety.

BTW is Gran planning on exhuming his daughter and moving her to Tenn.  Wasn't the proximity to his dead daughter one of arguments for not taking a job yet?

That's just sick.  Sick, sick, sick.  Don't you DARE talk about our former offensive staff like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2009, 04:46:49 PM »
Obviously, kiffin got several no's before deciding to go with gran.   Kudos to gran though. I'm glad he got a good job.  

I'll admit my original post was a bit over the top. It was more in response to the deification some seem to have with gran as a rb coach. I didn't and don't see it. The guy is good and a really good recruiter. Like I said, we'll be fine without him.

I'd be surprised if he is as successful at UT afa producing big name backs, but if he is I'll take my hat off to him.

Obviously my fucking ass.

Were you in on the interviews?  Can you provide me with a list of coaches who turned down Tennessee? 

Christ at the logical hoops people around here jump through. 

We'll be fine without him.  We'd have been fine with him.  Gran wasn't the problem. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions