Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

4* DB Greg Reid has decided to open up his recruiting....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
4* DB Greg Reid has decided to open up his recruiting....
« on: January 01, 2009, 11:36:36 PM »
Coach Tuberville might be helping Auburn recruit......in a way.

With the one year anniversary fast approaching since he first publicly committed to play for the University of Florida, Valdosta (Ga.) Lowndes County 4-star defensive back Greg Reid informed GatorBait.net on Thursday evening that he has had a change of heart.

If the Gators want to hold on to Reid, who has been as impressive as any player at this week's Under Armour practices, they will have to start from the beginning. 

Greg Reid has decided to open back up the recruiting process
Starting with last week's Georgia Athletic Coaches Association (GACA) North vs. South All-Star Football Game, the scuttlebutt has been that Reid was beginning to look around.

The rumors heated up even more when he arrived in Orlando.

Then tonight, the dam finally broke.

According to Reid, who was coming out of a prospect meeting where former Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville addressed the players on the recruiting process, he felt as though what was said was basically directed at him.

"I was young and crazy. I just want to decommit and look at other schools," said Reid. "Look at depth charts and take officials. That's a big step, I believe I was probably too young to make that decision (to commit to Florida), so I'll just wait."

According to Reid, his choice has nothing to do with the way he feels about the Gators.

"I still love Florida. I give all the respect to Florida. It's my life. Like coach (Tuberville) said, 'it's a lot harder to transfer to a different school (after you sign)."

Reid said this is what he took from the talk, 'Basically just take your time. I'm going to be at the bottom when I get to college. I'm just looking at stuff like that. I mean, I don't want to be at the bottom, I want to be at the top, in the middle, it doesn't matter. But Florida man, I don't know - I did it way too fast."

As of this evening, Reid had yet to inform the Florida coaches of his decision.

"You're actually the first person I told," replied Reid when asked of UF's reaction to his decommit. "I don't know how they're going to react. But, like I said, it's my life. … I know a lot of people are going to be mad."

Now that he has opened it back up, who is he still considering?

"I'm looking at everybody in the SEC that wants me, everybody in the ACC that wants me. Georgia, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Florida State. It doesn't really matter - Auburn. I'm just trying to play early and like coach (Tubberville) said, looking at the academics."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Re: 4* DB Greg Reid has decided to open up his recruiting....
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 12:04:34 AM »
Very interesting.  Of all the people that could be down there talking to recruits, it's interesting that Tuberville is the one doing the speaking...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 10:18:37 AM »
I watched this kid play in the UA game last night, and he would be a great pick up if we could get him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 10:56:41 AM »
Yeah, I mean he was only voted the MVP for the game.  3 interceptions.... in an all-star game.  Not toooo shabby.  My guess is that the Gators step it up and rope him down again, or GA.  He needs to be a high priority along with Petey Smith if we can get in there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions