Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Questions about this OC choice

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Questions about this OC choice
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 10:09:38 PM »
we have fisted ourselves this time.
You have really taken this phrase and made it your own, haven't you?  jumbo may sue for copyright infringement - it's kinda his catchphrase...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 10:11:12 PM »
Then that was directed at you too.

Bzzzt.  Wrong answer.  This site doesn't have "official positions." 

Not you, not me, not anybody on this site gets to decide what can and can't be said.  Nobody gets to say "get on the bandwagon or get off."  Not you, not me, not anybody.  Not now, not ever.

If you remember that's why us Pilgrims got on the Mayflower to begin with.  Or was it Puritans and the Santa Maria?  I can't remember who we were or which boat, but you know what I mean.   
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 10:14:04 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 10:14:20 PM »

If you remember that's why the Pilgrims got on the Mayflower to begin with.  Or was it Puritans and the Santa Maria?  I can't remember.
i thought it was Scooby Doo and the Mystery Machine...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 10:21:12 PM »

If you remember that's why the Pilgrims got on the Mayflower to begin with.  Or was it Puritans and the Santa Maria?  I can't remember.

Not a lot of difference between prowler calling him out like he did and your bud having a completely shitty attitude with the "chizik and his handlers must go" saying.

Seeing that pissed me off and I was wondering if he wasa troll.  I can see why ya'll are chums though with the over the top views.

The chizik hire was shocking at first glance but looks better every day. I'm going to give the guy a chance to see what he's got. I definitely don't think his isu record is an indicator of his ability. Malzahn is an exciting hire, period. Let's see how recruiting finishes up too.

One thing for damn sure, I'm glad they axed tubs. The fire in his belly turned out to be some heartburn that went away. He did a lot for us but had shot his wad in 2004. At this point I wouldn't change what has happened to put tubs back in place with his offensive buddies, thats for certain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 10:25:34 PM »
Not a lot of difference between prowler calling him out like he did and your bud having a completely shitty attitude with the "chizik and his handlers must go" saying.

Seeing that pissed me off and I was wondering if he wasa troll.  I can see why ya'll are chums though with the over the top views.
now now... it takes all kinds and all opinions to make the world go round.  No intrabrotherhood hatred around here... not when we have a common enemy.  Besides, their hyperbole is funny...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 10:29:47 PM »
now now... it takes all kinds and all opinions to make the world go round.  No intrabrotherhood hatred around here... not when we have a common enemy.  Besides, their hyperbole is funny...

No intrabrotherhood hatred?  Fuck that.  I HATE this new Greaseyweasel kid's comments about wanting Chizik to fail.  Fuck that shit.  He and Kaos can eat a dick if that's what they think. 

But that's the beauty of this site.  They can think what they think, and I can say what I say without grudges being held.  They both can come back and rip me a new one for disagreeing with them.  We can have back and forth banter that would make Mama cry.  In the end, we can still grab a beer and tell fart jokes.  Welcome to Tigersx. 

(Just no racism)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 10:32:36 PM »
No intrabrotherhood hatred?  Fuck that.  I HATE this new Greaseyweasel kid's comments about wanting Chizik to fail.  Fuck that shit.  He and Kaos can eat a dick if that's what they think. 

But that's the beauty of this site.  They can think what they think, and I can say what I say without grudges being held.  They both can come back and rip me a new one for disagreeing with them.  We can have back and forth banter that would make Mama cry.  In the end, we can still grab a beer and tell fart jokes.  Welcome to Tigersx. 

(Just no racism)
I didn't say you couldn't vehemently agree to disagree while calling one another fuckheads - I just said no hatin'.  Big difference.  hatin' is what happens at that OTHER place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 10:46:36 PM »
Fuck All This Noise about not hating people.  I Hate the Mouthbreathers, PLAIN and SIMPLE....And if anyone hates on Auburn Constantly then they might as well be Mouthbreathers too.  I really don't HATE anyone, that's a strong word to use, lets just say...if they were on fire I'd piss on 'em, but not enough to put 'em out, lol.

And if you don't like Big Red, then FUCK YOU!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 10:53:55 PM »

I like kaos. He is like the brother (maybe cousin, lol) that I occasionally like to go toe to toe with.  I am willing to give weasel a fair shake, just didn't like his saying. The over the top thing wasn't meant to be ugly, it was an honest observation.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 11:02:48 PM »
Let me tell you a little story...

I first went to AUundercover because another member of this board issued a plea for help.  He was being abused there.  I am nothing if not a knight and I took it upon myself to heed his call.  I went there with guns blazing, throwing grenades in every direction.  

Once there I discovered the Weasel. He's got an extreme view of things. More extreme than I ever thought about being.  What I also saw was many of the so-called Auburn fans on that board attacking him en masse.

Among other things they:
1) Questioned his sexual orientation
2) Questioned his Auburn fandom
3) Insisted that unless he bowed to the "official" point of view, he should be banned from the site
4) Attacked him personally rather than debating the points he raised.
5) Took sides with avowed Bama fans against him

Sound familiar to any of you?

Weasel was bombastic. He was completely over the top. But he didn't back down. And that impressed this agent of Kaos.  

So I invited him to visit this site.  Why? Because I thought that this site, more so than any other, would be a safe haven for his rants.  My belief was (and remains) that in a bomb-friendly zone, the Weez would be able to get that out of the system and add value to this board.  

*cue low humming of the Star Spangled Banner *

This site, you see, represents the best of America to me.  It was founded on freedom.  It was founded with one basic rule.  

You know in the Planet of the Apes movies how the ape society has that one basic rule "Ape shall not kill ape?"   It's sort of like that.  

No, I'm not talking about the no racism rule, because that's really nebulous and sort of unenforceable. Besides one man's racism is another man's Chocolate News, but I digress.

*humming grows louder *

No, I'm talking about the rule that NOBODY on this site gets to say "Agree with me or change your colors."  This site just doesn't work that way.  We may fight. We may disagree.  We may want to have hot steamy sex with each other. Or maybe not. We may want to kick the living shit out of each other -- you know who I'm talking to! -- but we NEVER say that one or the other of us has the market on Auburn fandom cornered.

Nobody on this site has that right.

We lived under the thumb of David Fucking Ward telling all of us what was and what wasn't Auburn when that bearded bastard wouldn't know it if Auburn grew fangs and bit his (according to Titan) stubby dick off. We chafed under moderation that directed the "tone" and the direction of threads. We suffered under uneven moderation that protected certain Bama fans at the expense of Auburn fans. We endured personal attacks because we had the audacity to have thoughts that were counter to what a handful of misguided dolts expressed.

And then somebody, thank goodness, built a lifeboat and carried us away from there.  We landed here at Plymouth X.  And we started our own colony, built on expressive freedom.

Raven Riley was our Pocohontas.  And I did her all over the land.

When I was on my I hate Tony Franklin kick and spent untold hours shredding the guy on the site, you guys let me work through it. Because that's what we do.  Some of you disagreed with me -- some vehemently.  But not once did any of you tell me I had to sign up for your view or get off the Auburn bus.  And I never said that anybody who was on the Franklin wagon was any less of an Auburn fan than I am. That's the cornerstone of this site. It makes me cry.

So when I saw the Weasel getting abused in a most David Fucking Wardsian manner, I encouraged him to join us here.  The Weasel resisted at first because he was afraid that he would run into the same close-minded "agree with me or you're not an AU fan" wall that surrounded him at AUU. I assured him that he would not, because this site was founded on that very principle.  I thank the founding brothers for setting this ship asail.

I currently hate Jay Jacobs just as much as I did two years ago when I started raising hell about him and the potential damage he could do to this program.  I still want him gone. But I'm almost over the ranting -- almost -- and am moving on to the scheming and thinking to figure out what I can possibly do to make sure this is the last coaching hire he gets to make.

Weasel isn't there yet.  And he may not get there.  That's okay, too.

I've read a lot of his stuff. I've never seen any indication that he WANTS Chizik to fail, only that failure is the outcome he fears with every bone in his body.  Remember my soul aching during the early Franklin debacle?   I think the Weasel's soul is aching now.

And I also believe that the Weasel -- if I may be so bold to speak for him -- is willing to endure that failure if in doing so it improves Auburn in the long run.  That's a far different position than "hoping" for failure.

*Are you still humming? You can stop now.*

« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 11:05:43 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 11:12:32 PM »
Kaos, you had me at hot steamy sex...

But I have really pondered the issue, and considered the options and I have decided deep down within me that I cannot with good conscience ever wish AU to fail in anything, even if it helps in the long run.  And I do think it might help.  But I can't do it - I just can't because I believe it would set our program back so far in this fastpaced football environment that it may take years to recover.  And I appreciate you agreeing to disagree, as I know you and weasel will - and that's ok.

I think there are other ways to get rid of JJTFH and if you come up with something workable, I am right there by your side, pitchfork and torch in hand.  Fuck him, fuck Lowder, fuck bammer, fuck Saban (eeww) and fuck anyone else who screws with my beloved Tigers.

You and weasel have found your forum - make the most of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 11:20:29 PM »
Kaos, you had me at hot steamy sex...

But I have really pondered the issue, and considered the options and I have decided deep down within me that I cannot with good conscience ever wish AU to fail in anything, even if it helps in the long run.  And I do think it might help.  But I can't do it - I just can't because I believe it would set our program back so far in this fastpaced football environment that it may take years to recover.  And I appreciate you agreeing to disagree, as I know you and weasel will - and that's ok.

I think there are other ways to get rid of JJTFH and if you come up with something workable, I am right there by your side, pitchfork and torch in hand.  Fuck him, fuck Lowder, fuck bammer, fuck Saban (eeww) and fuck anyone else who screws with my beloved Tigers.

You and weasel have found your forum - make the most of it.

Jennny, honey, you know I don't do fail.  I just don't.  I want AU to win everything. Checkers. I want to win the fucking can drive every year.

I don't want Chiz to fail.  I would be happy if he stayed 25 amazingly successful years. 

But that doesn't mean that I'm any happier about the overall level of incompetence and mismanagement I think pervades the school.

Having a daughter there now allows me to see other things. I've been pretty disappointed with some of the things I've seen and the way Auburn has done stuff.  Maybe I'm just too old school for my own good, but I worry that Auburn got so big that it lost all of those "personal" things that MADE us what we are. 

Anyway, enough.  Nobody hopes for failure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 11:33:17 PM »

I first went to AUundercover because another member of this board issued a plea for help.  He was being abused there.  I am nothing if not a knight and I took it upon myself to heed his call.  I went there with guns blazing, throwing grenades in every direction.  

Once there I discovered the Weasel. He's got an extreme view of things. More extreme than I ever thought about being.  What I also saw was many of the so-called Auburn fans on that board attacking him en masse.

Among other things they:
3) Insisted that unless he bowed to the "official" point of view, he should be banned from the site

Weasel was bombastic. He was completely over the top. But he didn't back down. And that impressed this agent of Kaos.  

So I invited him to visit this site.  Why? Because I thought that this site, more so than any other, would be a safe haven for his rants.  My belief was (and remains) that in a bomb-friendly zone, the Weez would be able to get that out of the system and add value to this board.  

This site, you see, represents the best of America to me.  It was founded on freedom.  It was founded with one basic rule.  

You know in the Planet of the Apes movies how the ape society has that one basic rule "Ape shall not kill ape?"   It's sort of like that.  

No, I'm not talking about the no racism rule, because that's really nebulous and sort of unenforceable. Besides one man's racism is another man's Chocolate News, but I digress.

*humming grows louder *

No, I'm talking about the rule that NOBODY on this site gets to say "Agree with me or change your colors."  This site just doesn't work that way.  We may fight. We may disagree.  We may want to have hot steamy sex with each other. Or maybe not. We may want to kick the living shit out of each other -- you know who I'm talking to! -- but we NEVER say that one or the other of us has the market on Auburn fandom cornered.

We lived under the thumb of David Fucking Ward telling all of us what was and what wasn't Auburn when that bearded bastard wouldn't know it if Auburn grew fangs and bit his (according to Titan) stubby dick off. We chafed under moderation that directed the "tone" and the direction of threads. We suffered under uneven moderation that protected certain Bama fans at the expense of Auburn fans. We endured personal attacks because we had the audacity to have thoughts that were counter to what a handful of misguided dolts expressed.

And then somebody, thank goodness, built a lifeboat and carried us away from there.  We landed here at Plymouth X.  And we started our own colony, built on expressive freedom.

When I was on my I hate Tony Franklin kick and spent untold hours shredding the guy on the site, you guys let me work through it. Because that's what we do.  Some of you disagreed with me -- some vehemently.  But not once did any of you tell me I had to sign up for your view or get off the Auburn bus.  And I never said that anybody who was on the Franklin wagon was any less of an Auburn fan than I am. That's the cornerstone of this site. It makes me cry.

So when I saw the Weasel getting abused in a most David Fucking Wardsian manner, I encouraged him to join us here.  The Weasel resisted at first because he was afraid that he would run into the same close-minded "agree with me or you're not an AU fan" wall that surrounded him at AUU. I assured him that he would not, because this site was founded on that very principle.  I thank the founding brothers for setting this ship asail.

I currently hate Jay Jacobs just as much as I did two years ago when I started raising hell about him and the potential damage he could do to this program.  I still want him gone. But I'm almost over the ranting -- almost -- and am moving on to the scheming and thinking to figure out what I can possibly do to make sure this is the last coaching hire he gets to make.

I've read a lot of his stuff. I've never seen any indication that he WANTS Chizik to fail, only that failure is the outcome he fears with every bone in his body.  Remember my soul aching during the early Franklin debacle?   I think the Weasel's soul is aching now.

And I also believe that the Weasel -- if I may be so bold to speak for him -- is willing to endure that failure if in doing so it improves Auburn in the long run.  That's a far different position than "hoping" for failure.

OH.....Humming. I thought you said booing, lol.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 11:35:02 PM »
OH.....Humming. I thought you said booing, lol.

You offering a hummer?  I mean, because I don't think I swing that way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 03:35:21 AM »
Jose' can you seeeeeeeeeeeeee!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 09:41:38 AM »

Among other things they:

*humming grows louder *

Wait a minute...

If the knights had grenades and guns and shit, then why was Arthur always fucking around with that lame ass sword?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 09:50:14 AM »
Weasel called.... You may now have sex with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 10:06:03 AM »
I agree with both sides in this matter. I never want Auburn to fail in anything...period! I also feel like I am having a major case of deja vu.  Haven't we heard this all before?   I am taking a more wait and see approach, because frankly there is nothing else we can do about it.  I hope Chizik is the second coming of a football god, but based on JJ's historical past of hiring coaches, the chances of that happening are not real good.  Sure he has talked a good game, but I can run bullshit with the best of them, the buck stops when the pads meet the turf and so on that note all we can do is wait....

....and see
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2008, 10:31:36 AM »
I agree with both sides in this matter. I never want Auburn to fail in anything...period! I also feel like I am having a major case of deja vu.  Haven't we heard this all before?   I am taking a more wait and see approach, because frankly there is nothing else we can do about it.  I hope Chizik is the second coming of a football god, but based on JJ's historical past of hiring coaches, the chances of that happening are not real good.  Sure he has talked a good game, but I can run bullshit with the best of them, the buck stops when the pads meet the turf and so on that note all we can do is wait....

....and see

I agree. But one thing is for sure. Chizik has fire. He has intensity. It really seems like he wants to come in and win. Tubby had lost that. He is very competitive on the recruiting trail. Tubby had lost that. I have no clue if he is a good game day coach or not. Only time will tell. I think we had one of the best at getting the Auburn team to play excellent for that one game.

With that being said, I don't see anything...RIGHT NOW...that makes me think Auburn didn't hire the right guy. IF Chiz continues to build relationships with HS coaches and continues to hit recruiting hard., and IF Chiz will allow hiw OC to run the offense and not hand cuff him, and IF Chiz hires a good DC that meshes with his style of coaching on the defensive side, I think we may have a good thing.

If not, we have another version, or worse, of Tubby...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2008, 11:06:28 AM »
Haven't we heard this all before? 

I know you were talking about Chizik, but this question has been posed vis a vis Malzahn's spread offense as well.   I was excited about Tony Franklin based only on what I'd read in bios and parsed from historical statistics.  I had no knowledge of the man himself.  I was wrong.  Mea culpa.

Malzahn, however, is a known entity for anyone with a history of participating on Hog boards in the past few years.  We've seen him talk and seen him perform.  This guy is the real deal.

I understand the "once bitten, twice shy", "can't fool W again" mentality, but rest assured that Gus will impress you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.