Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Stump Thrower Post....

Stump Thrower Post....
« on: December 17, 2008, 06:44:45 PM »
I'm not familiar, but there are some folks "curious" about this post from Mr. Thrower...  Any of you that are more familiar read anything to this?????

December 10, 2008 Stump Thrower on sportsBy Stump Thrower
The Auburn Villager

John "Stump" Thrower 
Is history repeating itself?
In 1990, the University of Alabama hired Gene Stallings as its football head coach. By 1992, the Tide went undefeated and won the National Championship. By 1995, the NCAA imposed severe sanctions against Alabama, the most ever for a "first time" offender.

Auburn head coach Pat Dye, who had been on the job since January 1982 and reaped success, submitted his resignation November 1992. This came after allegations of recruiting violations by Auburn player Eric Ramsey in September of 1991, and two years after Stallings had been hired. Dye coached at Auburn for 12 years.

In January 2007, the University of Alabama hired Nick Saban as its football head coach. By 2008, after barely breaking even in 2007, the Tide is now 12-1 after losing last Saturday's SEC Championship game to Florida.

Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville, who had with Auburn since December of 1998 and also successful, submitted his "resignation" last week as AU's head coach.

Before the Alabama's hiring of Stallings and Saban, the Tide football situation, specifically coaching, had been in turmoil. Alabama even turned on two of its favorite heroes: Ray Perkins and Mike Shula. On both occasions Auburn had a winning streak against the Tide.

While the reason or reasons for Tuberville's resignation remain unclear, one matter is unquestionable. The pattern and practice of what occurred in the early '90s is eerily similar to what has been happening in this state since January 2007. This time, however, Auburn is in a better position to fight because it is now dealing with a habitual offender. Also, the proper agencies have a better knowledge and understanding of the situation. There will be more to come.

Basketball recruiting

wrap-up and the future

The Auburn men's basketball team recently completed a successful early signing period of signees for its Class of 2009. With the commitments of center Robert Chubb, guard Earnest Ross, guard Andre' Malone and the re-signing of forward of Kenny Gabriel, this class could rank among the top 30 in the nation.

Add to this class forward Brandon McGee (a transfer from Indiana) and guard Tony Neysmith (a transfer from Oklahoma), and head coach Jeff Lebo and his staff appear to have done an excellent job in replacing graduating seniors Tez Robertson, Rasheem Barrett and Korvotney Barber for the 2009-2010 season.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Stump Thrower Post....
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 07:06:07 PM »
Thrower is a tin hat black helicoptor mother fucker. I have no idea if this has any validity or not, but I DO know that I stopped reading his blog about 2 years ago because every thing was some sort of conspiracy against Auburn...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 08:52:45 PM »
I can believe this, just had seen some pretty solid support for this guy in other places. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 09:30:52 PM »
I like looking at trends, but they really don't have any merit until after everything happens. 

Do I believe Alabama is cheating right now like they did before?  Most definitely.  When Mike Slive stated that the SEC was going to be a probation free conference, I knew the REC released the dogs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 11:33:46 PM »
Yeah, Mike Slive could've just said..."uat will be probation free while I'm at the helm." Then he could've held up a Huge broom.  When PF said, numerous times on his show, something to the effect of, SEC teams feel free to cheat because the NCAA is incompetent (sp?).  I've got a feeling he was not only talking about a certain Head of NCAA Compliance, Mike Slive's Broom and Rug, but he was directing those statement right at the REC.  The "Stuffed" Animals Are A Go!!!.....I Repeat, The "Stuffed" Animals Are A Go!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 10:30:05 AM »
I can believe this, just had seen some pretty solid support for this guy in other places. 

David Ward had his head jammed up this douchebag's ass.  Like DK, he talks in vague terms and often in cryptic code so that no matter what happens he can say with smug satisfaction "see? I told you" when he really didn't have jack shit to say to begin with.  Fuck him.

My banning there really began with me ridiculing this lunatic bastard and DKW shitting his pants over it. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 10:31:59 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 11:27:20 AM »
David Ward had his head jammed up this douchebag's ass.  Like DK, he talks in vague terms and often in cryptic code so that no matter what happens he can say with smug satisfaction "see? I told you" when he really didn't have jack shit to say to begin with.  Fuck him.

My banning there really began with me ridiculing this lunatic bastard and DKW shitting his pants over it. 

Gotcha... That's why it pays to ask first before investing interest in some places....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 12:03:25 PM »
Was Thrower the lawyer that had the facts of the Gene Jelks saga handed to him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 06:03:49 PM »
It was either the Jelks or Means....may have been both.  Either way, his life and his family's lives were threatened at every turn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs