Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It may be the time of year (Christmas) ...

Birmingham

It may be the time of year (Christmas) ...
« on: December 15, 2008, 09:53:21 PM »
I was just watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" with my son.  This whole Jay Jacobs sets to go out and find the perfect coach, coming back with Chizik, reminds me of the Peanuts gang sending Charlie Brown out to get a Christmas Tree.  They're all excited and even though Linas tells Charlie "I don't think that's a very good Christmas Tree Charlie Brown"  Charlie's eyes are glowing when he sees the twigs and pine needles.  It makes me chuckle when I think of Jacobs eyes glowing as he sees Chizik and then he awaits the juvilation from the Auburn nation as he brings him back home only to walk into everyone looking at him as if to say "wtf?"

(Yes, I'm aware it's a fine tree in the end.  Chizik might be as well, this just struck me as funny when watching it.  Perhaps it's a sign that I keep up with too many other things when watching a movie with my son reminds me of rivals coaches)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 09:55:34 PM by Birmingham »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Talon

Re: It may be the time of year (Christmas) ...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 10:21:02 PM »
Great analogy! BUT...you're still a bammer and still suck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In his first news conference as AUBURN'S head coach in 1981, Pat Dye was asked this question:  "How long will it take you to beat Alabama"?  To which he responded, "Oh, about 60 minutes".

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 11:14:39 PM »
That is a great post. :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 07:48:01 PM »
Fuck you, Charlie Brown, and that tree. I hope you get a stocking full of diarrhea Christmas morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Birmingham

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 08:24:32 PM »
Just when I kinda start feeling a little bad for how Auburn is being crucified in the media, being called racist, while having a bum of a coach and losing recruits you come around PellCity and make me realize why this is the best Christmas season ever.  Dick off and have a very good day, I know I will, at your expense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 08:56:42 PM »
Quite frankly, I could give 2 hoots in hell less about what you or any other bammer fan thinks. Take your feelings (good and bad), write them all down on a 11 x 17 piece of paper. Take this piece of paper, roll it up very tightly, tie it with red and green ribbons, and shove it up your ass. Invite any other bammer fans you know to do the same. Consider it our Christmas gift to the bammer nation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Birmingham

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 09:28:07 PM »
Quite frankly, I could give 2 hoots in hell less about what you or any other bammer fan thinks. Take your feelings (good and bad), write them all down on a 11 x 17 piece of paper. Take this piece of paper, roll it up very tightly, tie it with red and green ribbons, and shove it up your ass. Invite any other bammer fans you know to do the same. Consider it our Christmas gift to the bammer nation.

So I take it you were pulling for Turner Gill.  Yeah, about that, sorry dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 09:38:47 PM »
I was on the Gary Patterson bandwagon, but thanks for asking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 05:59:21 AM »
Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 09:36:29 AM »
I was on the Gary Patterson bandwagon, but thanks for asking.

Racist! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 11:19:33 AM »
Fuck you, Charlie Brown, and that tree. I hope you get a stocking full of diarrhea Christmas morning.

I read this on my phone while I was supposed to be paying attention to the wife at dinner at a restaurant last night. 

I apparently snorted laughter at a completely inappropriate time. 

Thanks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 12:52:13 PM »
I read this on my phone while I was supposed to be paying attention to the wife at dinner at a restaurant last night. 

I apparently snorted laughter at a completely inappropriate time

Thanks. 

This exists?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."