Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Raymond Cotton decommits

Ogre

Raymond Cotton decommits
« on: December 15, 2008, 11:22:15 AM »
Raymond Cotton, our 4-star QB, decommits after he learns James Willis will not be retained on our new coaching staff. 

The Chizik era begins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Raymond Cotton decommits
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 12:17:43 PM »
Because that James Willis is one hell of a QB coach...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 12:19:47 PM »

Okay, I'm not taking up for Chiz or anybody else, but I am personally glad that Raymond Cotton is no longer an Auburn commit.  I hope he goes somewhere else. 

I got tired of hearing his fucking Daddy talk every time something went on.  We've had that kind of shit before. Remember Daddy Toney in basketball? 

Fuck those Cottons.  Go somewhere else.  My bet is he will end up being a bitching-ass, complaining, non-playing team-cancer fuck. Hell with him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 12:23:32 PM »

No, but he was the one coach who built a relationship with Cotton as his recruiting coach.

I agree with Kaos about Cotton Sr.  He is waaaaay to vocal in this whole process, and I could definitely see him being a liability in the future had Raymond stayed committed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 12:32:11 PM »
Get used to saying this.....

"We didn't want him anyway"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 12:57:56 PM »
Get used to saying this.....

"We didn't want him anyway"

Does this apply to Chizik?  Because I've said it 100,000 times since Sunday and the fucker is still here.

And the only player I will say that about is Cotton.  I did not want him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 06:24:11 PM »
I will be making adjustments to the Grillz rankings once the player commits to another University.

My guess is that CGC will be going after a Pro-Style QB.....Is there a Pro-Style QB in Alabama?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 12:08:03 PM »
I will be making adjustments to the Grillz rankings once the player commits to another University.

My guess is that CGC will be going after a Pro-Style QB.....Is there a Pro-Style QB in Alabama?

Barret Trotter...maybe?  Anyway, with our "style" from this season, would we know it if there was?  Maybe Chizik uses a Texas contact and pulls a Texas HS QB...   That would be okay I guess...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 10:16:02 PM »
Okay, I'm not taking up for Chiz or anybody else, but I am personally glad that Raymond Cotton is no longer an Auburn commit.  I hope he goes somewhere else. 

I got tired of hearing his fucking Daddy talk every time something went on.  We've had that kind of shit before. Remember Daddy Toney in basketball? 

Fuck those Cottons.  Go somewhere else.  My bet is he will end up being a bitching-ass, complaining, non-playing team-cancer fuck. Hell with him. 

Kind of makes you wonder if this wouldn't be like the Mustain situation at Ark.  What if he came in and didn't win the starting job or made mistakes and got pulled?  Would his daddy pull the same shit that Mustain's momma pulled and go talk to the AD about it, want the HC fired and then threaten that his boy Ray Jr is going to t-fer?   Don't get me wrong I am excited about the kid and would like for him to put on an Auburn uniform on Saturday's but his daddy needs to learn how to let his kid go and and quit being his spokes person and let him speak for himself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 10:20:28 AM »
Kind of makes you wonder if this wouldn't be like the Mustain situation at Ark.  What if he came in and didn't win the starting job or made mistakes and got pulled?  Would his daddy pull the same shit that Mustain's momma pulled and go talk to the AD about it, want the HC fired and then threaten that his boy Ray Jr is going to t-fer?   Don't get me wrong I am excited about the kid and would like for him to put on an Auburn uniform on Saturday's but his daddy needs to learn how to let his kid go and and quit being his spokes person and let him speak for himself.

You've got the Mustain story pretty much fucking wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 10:24:03 AM »

I actually was gonna let one of the piggies do the correcting cause I thought there may be a good rant come out of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 10:28:41 AM »
And for the record, I want this kid. I don't think it is going to happen, but the kid is a player. I don't think his dad would be involved any more than the Irons kids dad was...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 11:22:15 AM »

Did she not go with the Cleveland's and William's kids parents and talk to Broyles about the direction of the football program?  I was under the impression that she did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 11:29:04 AM »
I'm not worried about his dad or his mom or his mama's auntie.  He was an Elite 11 QB with a great arm and good size.  Go get the kid Chiz. 

Hell, reports were that Tebow's dad was all up in the Gaytor practices and throwing his .02 all around.  Whatever.  Some parents are real involved.  Some aren't.  Go get Cotton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 11:36:15 AM »
Did she not go with the Cleveland's and William's kids parents and talk to Broyles about the direction of the football program?  I was under the impression that she did.

There is much, much more to this story.  I'll see if I can't dig up some quality reading material for you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 11:39:18 AM »
There is much, much more to this story.  I'll see if I can't dig up some quality reading material for you. 

Thanks, just read a few articles from rivals and ESPN but that is all.  I mean, it's Arkansas so I never really dug that deep into it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 11:52:23 AM »
Thanks, just read a few articles from rivals and ESPN but that is all.  I mean, it's Arkansas so I never really dug that deep into it. 

A few of us here at TigersX frequent the best Arky sites around.  We had front-row seats for the Nutt saga.  It wasn't pretty and if the truth were known by the public, Nutt would never coach in the SEC, or perhaps DI, again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 12:08:08 PM »
A few of us here at TigersX frequent the best Arky sites around.  We had front-row seats for the Nutt saga.  It wasn't pretty and if the truth were known by the public, Nutt would never coach in the SEC, or perhaps DI, again.

Now you're getting into some juicy insider info that I would like to be a part of.  I guess I've always seen Nutt as a bumbling idiot, but I have no real info to base this off of.  I'd like to know why you'd make such a bold claim like the one above.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 12:48:59 PM »
Now you're getting into some juicy insider info that I would like to be a part of.  I guess I've always seen Nutt as a bumbling idiot, but I have no real info to base this off of.  I'd like to know why you'd make such a bold claim like the one above.

I second the notion.  Out with it! Lets get all "Days of our Lives" in here!  :popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 12:49:15 PM »

perception is reality.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions