Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Would You Feel Better If...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Would You Feel Better If...
« on: December 14, 2008, 06:08:05 PM »
Chizik came in and names a big time, proven Offensive Coordinator and...

They name someone along the lines of Rodney Garner (Hypothetically, of course) as recruiting coordinator???

You know Chizik is a proven defensive guru.  But, we need an offense, something we haven't had much of in years, and we need some big time recruits.  If you saw something like this happen, would you be okay with Chizik?  I'm bummed as hell about this hire, but I still say there's hope if he picks the right guys to surround himself with.

Bottom line is Gene Chizik is our coach.  What say you to the above?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Would You Feel Better If...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 06:23:58 PM »
I would feel better but it still does not fix the ineptitude that is our AD.  If this works out it will be because of dumb luck and nothing else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 06:27:15 PM »

They name someone along the lines of Rodney Garner (Hypothetically, of course) as recruiting coordinator???

You know Chizik is a proven defensive guru.  But, we need an offense, something we haven't had much of in years, and we need some big time recruits.  If you saw something like this happen, would you be okay with Chizik?  I'm bummed as hell about this hire, but I still say there's hope if he picks the right guys to surround himself with.

That would make it a hell of a lot easier to swallow. I'm holding off purchasing my torch and pitchfork until I hear who he brings in as assistants. Mind you, I have a supplier's site bookmarked with the items in the cart. All I need to do is check out, wait for the UPS package donkey, then drive down to Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 07:08:33 PM »

Hypotheticals are nice, aren't they? Unfortunately after this hire I have come to realize that any wishful thinking...fuck that, any rational thinking is asking too much. Doom and fucking gloom. Nothing more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 07:55:20 PM »
I would feel better but it still does not fix the ineptitude that is our AD.  If this works out it will be because of dumb luck and nothing else.

I absolutely agree!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 08:22:59 PM »
no.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Aubie16

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 08:29:39 PM »
I think we may actually get Searles and Garner on this staff. I am actually starting to think this may not end up so bad after all.

Chizik fits the mold of what I thought we needed at Auburn. Intensity and a love of smash-mouth football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 08:50:40 PM »
Another name being mentioned is Jay Boulware....  He was the TE's coach under Urban Meyer at Utah and then went to Iowa State under Chizik and improved one of the only units TO improve...RB's...   Could spell bad news for Gran.  We'll have to see....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 10:03:07 PM »
I'm just holding out a glimmer of hope that Chizik will be given some semblence of free reign and an open checkbook to go find the right guys for Auburn.  I also have to hold out some hope that this was imfreakinpossible to do at ISU and he had to get whoever was available for the money.

It's 100% correct that a coach is only as good as the people he surrounds himself with.  We just went through a year where that played itself out.  CTT was a CEO.  Very hands off and was succesful because of the jobs his assistants did.  That finally told on him and exposed where his program really was.  Maybe...just maybe...the choices of the staff will be completely up to Chizik.  If JJ is involved, I'm becoming a Tennessee fan (Due to Kiffin's smokin' wife). 

I was at a party tonight and every guy and half the women in the room were going...WHAT THE FUCK???

I've changed my mind.  I'm heading to the men's room to drop a huge Jacobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 10:08:19 PM »
I'm just holding out a glimmer of hope that Chizik will be given some semblence of free reign and an open checkbook to go find the right guys for Auburn.  I also have to hold out some hope that this was imfreakinpossible to do at ISU and he had to get whoever was available for the money.

It's 100% correct that a coach is only as good as the people he surrounds himself with.  We just went through a year where that played itself out.  CTT was a CEO.  Very hands off and was succesful because of the jobs his assistants did.  That finally told on him and exposed where his program really was.  Maybe...just maybe...the choices of the staff will be completely up to Chizik.  If JJ is involved, I'm becoming a Tennessee fan (Due to Kiffin's smokin' wife). 

I was at a party tonight and every guy and half the women in the room were going...WHAT THE FUCK???

I've changed my mind.  I'm heading to the men's room to drop a huge Jacobs.

You sure do Jacob alot.   :shit:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 10:09:45 PM »
I've had to Jacob a ton since yesterday.  I don't know what came over me.  Must be a bug or something.  I just keep getting the urge to Jacob.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 10:57:20 PM »
Media types keep comparing this hire to when UAT hired Stallings, but I don't see us being that lucky. Until Jacobs and Lowder, and his BOT cronies, are gone, we will just keep seeing idiotic and selfish decisions made for our athletic program.

Chizik could somehow become successful, but that just means Lowder will run him out of town also. All hail the powerul Bobby Lowder and let no man challenge his reign as King of Auburn University.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PigsBury

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 05:58:34 AM »
Media types keep comparing this hire to when UAT hired Stallings, but I don't see us being that lucky. Until Jacobs and Lowder, and his BOT cronies, are gone, we will just keep seeing idiotic and selfish decisions made for our athletic program.

Chizik could somehow become successful, but that just means Lowder will run him out of town also. All hail the powerul Bobby Lowder and let no man challenge his reign as King of Auburn University.
I can see some similarities in the two hires. Stallings had a little more success than Chizik but he was at a better school in aTm than Iowa State.

It may turn out to be fine, but it does look strange right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 08:50:14 AM »
bump for Pussy's return. He was the voice of reason 16 months ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 09:10:16 AM »
Pussy always helps!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 01:32:40 PM »
I was glass half-empty.

I was wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 01:38:02 PM »

Check. Gus Malzahn.

Check. Curtis Luper, Trooper Taylor, and Tommy Thigpen

I'm bummed as hell about this hire, but I still say there's hope if he picks the right guys to surround himself with.

He picked the perfect people so far.

Nice job, Pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 01:39:36 PM »
I was glass half-empty.

I was wrong.
Me too....then I realized that I should wait to make anymore judgments until I see the type of coaches that he brings in.  After Coach Chiz brought in Coach Malzahn, Coach Troop, Coach Rock, Coach Roof and Coach Thig...my glass filled up to overflowing, because I knew that these coaches are great teachers and great recruiters.  I didn't know much about Coach Loop, Coach Grimes or Coach Boulware.  I sure as hell didn't think that Coach Grimes would be one of Auburn's top recruiters or that Coach Loop was as detailed as he is in recruiting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 05:47:40 PM »
What the fuck? 

When the hell did we hire Gene Chizik?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Birmingham

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 08:35:14 PM »
Man was I happy when I opened this thread and it appeared that Auburn was looking for a new OC.

Man was I sad when I looked at the date of the original post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions