Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Atchinson Gone

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Atchinson Gone
« on: December 06, 2008, 12:31:33 PM »
Well, I think we were going to lose him no matter what had happened anyway. I just can't fathom doing this. How can you go from committing to Auburn, and then switching your committment to Alabama...or vice versa. I, unfortunately, wasn't recruited to play at either school, but I can't imagine how any kid has BOTH schools as a choice. I just don't understand...especially if you are growing up in Alabama...

Although hope looked lost for the Crimson Tide when speedy outside linebacker Jonathan Atchison committed to Auburn earlier in the fall, the Alabama coaching staff stayed persistent and picked up their 19th commitment of the class of 2009 on the eve of their biggest game in 16 years.

Douglass-Atlanta linebacker Jonathan Atchison switched his commitment to UA on Thursday night.
"I actually committed to Coach Saban Thursday night but I am making my announcement tonight. Coach Saban was very excited to hear that I am coming aboard," said Atchison who stands 6-foot-3, 216 pounds. "This was a family decision. I talked with my mom and other family members last night and decided to make the call to Coach Saban. Everything made sense about Alabama.

"Coach Saban was probably the top selling point for me. I respect him and I know he is going to demand the best from me on and off the field. On top of that, everyone associated with Alabama just showed me a lot of love. I had a great time last weekend on my visit to the Auburn game and they rolled out the red carpet for me."

Atchison expects an in-home visit with Coach Saban next week and had another visitor today at his high school.

"Coach (Lance) Thompson came by my school today and got a chance to talk to my grandmother and my mom. I feel like he is family to me by now, and my family feels the same way," said Atchison. "One of my coaches at my high school is practically best friends with Coach Thompson. They go way back, and I know Coach Thompson was born and raised in Atlanta. He had a lot to do with my decision as well."

Atchison expects to play Will linebacker for Alabama.

"In Alabama's scheme, I can probably play just about any of the linebacker spots. I know they like me out in space making plays," said Atchison. "I don't have a preference really. I will figure it out when I get there."

Next up for Atchison is an official visit to the Capstone on January 16.

"I am solid to Alabama. I had strong feelings for Auburn and for Coach (Terry) Price and all of their coaching staff, but I was already starting to feel Alabama and when the Auburn staff left, that sealed it," said Atchison. "My mom really liked the Alabama coaches and especially Coach Saban. It was pretty exciting giving him the news last night."

Atchison is the 22nd-ranked outside linebacker nationally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Atchinson Gone
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 05:53:13 PM »
especially if you are growing up in Alabama...

The kid's from Atlanta, right?

Fuck him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 09:08:30 PM »
"My mom really liked the Alabama coaches and especially Coach Saban."
Did she get a new kitchen like Queenie did?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 01:07:39 AM »
But, but, but....I thought uat didn't want any of AU's lowly ranked recruits. JA was probably going to leave anyway, whenever the HC personally takes over the recruiting of One prospect...there's a good chance that said prospect will commit to that University, or in this case...the HC.  Also, $$$ handshakes probably doesn't hurt either.

So far, Auburn has only lost 5 commitments in this class...that's pretty Fuckin' good if you ask me. JA and David Connor were two that probably weren't going to sign with AU anyway, JA to uat and Connor to OM (more than likely).  So, all in all AU Really only lost three commitments because of the coaching change and depending on who we get there might be more that decommit, or AU could get most of the ones back and a couple more.  War Turner Gill
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 10:45:39 AM »
I can probably play just about any of the linebacker spots.

At 216? Okaaayyyy

I know they like me out in space making plays
Yeah, cause in the middle your ass will be ran over....

Not only is he a lightweight linebacker.....he is a mental lightweight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 10:49:57 AM »
He needs mower stars anyway...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.