Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

*Official WNBA Thread*

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: White Bitch Gate
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2024, 05:31:07 PM »
I'm somewhere between Buzz giving ZJs and Snags Cuttin' Bitches.

Don't be so hard on yourself.  You're a helluva slouch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2024, 06:46:12 PM »
I'm not shocked she took a hard foul (which should have been a flagrant 1, minimum), I'm shocked not one of her teammates gave the dude that body checked her any sort of payback.  Boston should have taken that ball that was just given to her, and launched it at Carter's head.

Fever need to find a Charles Oakley or Bill Laimbeer.
I'm not shocked she took a hard foul (which should have been a flagrant 1, minimum), I'm shocked not one of her teammates gave the dude that body checked her any sort of payback.  Boston should have taken that ball that was just given to her, and launched it at Carter's head.

Fever need to find a Charles Oakley or Bill Laimbeer.
I'm thinking she earns her spurs in the WNBA from long range and with those manlike passing skills she displays. She mixed it up in the paint at Iowa because she was just more athletic than her opponents, quicker to the spot for a rebound or a putback basket inside.
I might not ever watch her in another game but she's a very skilled female player.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2024, 08:12:27 PM »
You could put together a montage on every player in the NBA that puts this one to shame.   At the professional level, they act the least professional.

I’m not disagreeing. I don’t care about the NBA either. 

Your statement that she isn’t a bitch on the court, however, is not impacted by what others around her or in other leagues do.  If she whines like a bitch, she whines like a bitch even if everyone else does too.

I’ve never seen a video of Dominique Wilikins’ (does he still play) mom telling him to stop bitching.  I’ve never seen multiple images  of Magic or Robert Parrish or Kevin McHale or any of those guys whining about calls. I’d like to give you examples from WNBA but realized the only name I know is Jennie Finch and I’m not even sure she played basketball. 

I’ll accept your premise that this is merely media packaging though. Still don’t like her and no, I would not bang it with Wes’ liberal weiner. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2024, 08:08:03 AM »
The NBA and NHL finals are in full tilt and since the media commentary barely mentions MLB unless its a negative story the varied special interest nuggets get more notice especially when the subject is either beloved or despised. It's the media that flesh out the mostly negative behavior by certain individuals. Clark just happens to be that person of interest.

Some of us remember Cheryl Miller making magazine covers, specifically Sports Illustrated along with her brother Reggie. They were the first brother sister combo to star on their respected UCLA teams back in the day.

I can only say that head coaches like Wooden (Alcindor, Walton) Dean Smith (Jordan) or even Hugh Durham (Dom Wilkins) had a tighter grip on how their team's superstar progressed from more of a "team" concept into the limelight of professional ball, much like football. It was only after their college careers that we were able to learn much about them as individuals.
Nowadays with social media barely anything goes unnoticed as with Kelsey and Swift.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: *Official WNBA Thread*
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2024, 08:54:05 AM »
I think the real question is Red Zone or White Zone for loading and unloading?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 01:23:03 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2024, 05:51:06 PM »
In the latest chapter of this miniseries, Angel Reese gets a flagrant for hitting CC in the head and then bitches about the officials after the game when it was pretty even in number of fouls. 

My conclusion is that all these women are catty mommy parts and shouldn’t be playing sports.  No one gives a fuck and I hope the Olympic team gets blown the fuck out in Paris. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2024, 07:57:03 AM »
In the latest chapter of this miniseries, Angel Reese gets a flagrant for hitting CC in the head and then bitches about the officials after the game when it was pretty even in number of fouls. 

My conclusion is that all these women are catty mommy parts and shouldn’t be playing sports.  No one gives a fuck and I hope the Olympic team gets blown the fuck out in Paris.

I'm wondering if it's just women in sports in general.  Seems like most of teammates don't give two shits about winning, nor protecting their teammate. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2024, 09:38:45 AM »
I'm wondering if it's just women in sports in general.  Seems like most of teammates don't give two shits about winning, nor protecting their teammate.

This is all made up, distraction nonsense.

Every pro sports league has a level of hazing for the rookies. No one noticed the WNBA's before because even the "stars" they've had weren't a part of mainstream. Now they have a couple and the narrative is set in stone that they MUST hate each other. Truth is, neither thinks that much about the other except when they meet on the court. And they play hard. Basketball is a physical sports. Media acting like these women are out there in cotillion dresses on the promenade.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 01:22:53 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2024, 10:10:10 AM »
Look at those nappy headed ho's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2024, 10:16:29 AM »
This is all made up, distraction nonsense.

Every pro sports league has a level of hazing for the rookies. No one noticed the WNBA's before because even the "stars" they've had weren't a part of mainstream. Now they have a couple and the narrative is set in stone that they MUST hate each other. Truth is, neither thinks that much about the other except when they meet on the court. And they play hard. Basketball is a physical sports. Media acting like these women are out there in cotillion dresses on the promenade.

Don't know if I agree with you.  I'm ok with the hard fouls, but the cheap shots or the non-basketball plays, are crossing the line.  And had you checked Isiah Thomas like some of those fouls Clark has received, I have no doubt that Bill Laimbeer or John Salley would have knocked you on your ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2024, 10:36:52 AM »
Don't know if I agree with you.  I'm ok with the hard fouls, but the cheap shots or the non-basketball plays, are crossing the line.  And had you checked Isiah Thomas like some of those fouls Clark has received, I have no doubt that Bill Laimbeer or John Salley would have knocked you on your ass.

Part of this is the aforementioned "welcome to the league, rook" and the other part is a little bit (to a lot bit) of jealousy, which is understandable on some level.

You work hard for a few years at your company. You bust you back to grow it, you even do extra work and no one seems to care. Then, the company hires some fresh, right out of college, rock star employees with a ton of upside who bring the attention to the company, but you only see partial benefit from it. Factor in one of those new people is the antithesis of what the "narrative" wants in new employees, and resentment grows as sure as moss on a stone.

Now, imagine it's a bunch of hyper competitive women, over half of whom have bought the message that they are oppressed and victims.

It's a recipe for harsh treatment.

Finally, this latest thing is nothing more than a hard foul blown out of proportion. Watch the tape. Reese is swinging for the ball, she misses, Clark's midwestern melon is there. Stuff happens. Clark ain't complaining and Reese, like the rest of us, are sick of talking about it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 01:22:44 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2024, 10:48:46 AM »

Now, imagine it's a bunch of hyper competitive women, over half of whom have bought the message that they are oppressed and victims.

There's a lot to this as well.  I've heard more complaints about race, preferential treatment etc. in a couple of months than I have in years.  One of the white players last week, forget her name (Oh hell, I never knew it) was saying all the white players in the WNBA are privileged.  WTH???

I wish no ill will towards the WNBA, and hope it takes off, they get mega TV deals and everybody signs multi-year $25 million contracts. But, it's still going to take some time, and there's going to HAVE to be more superstars like Clark come into the league.  Otherwise, the novelty of CC and Angel Reese will wear off, and people will go back to realizing, it's just not that good of a product.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2024, 10:58:43 AM »
One of the white players last week, forget her name (Oh hell, I never knew it) was saying all the white players in the WNBA are privileged.  WTH???

You speak of Cameron Brink. 6 feet, 4 inches. From Princeton, NJ. Played college ball at Stanford. Now playing in Los Angeles. Her politics should shock no one. She is one of the straight ones and is on the prettier side though.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 01:22:34 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2024, 11:22:16 AM »
Bueckers also made comments similar, and she's not even in the league yet.

I think there is more pettiness with them being women, though.  Shit, I saw it with my daughter and her high school team, with her own teammates.  Girls who think they deserve more, and will do spiteful things, and don't care if they lose because they don't want the better players to shine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2024, 11:45:21 AM »

I think there is more pettiness with them being women, though.  Shit, I saw it with my daughter and her high school team, with her own teammates.  Girls who think they deserve more, and will do spiteful things, and don't care if they lose because they don't want the better players to shine.

I just remember all the chick fights I ever saw and they were way more vicious than the dudes. It wasn't just "Imma beat your ass" it was "then, I'm gonna screw your boyfriend, get pregnant, have the baby, raise it to hate both of you" energy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 01:22:24 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2024, 11:47:25 AM »

Women in general.  Sorry, but that's the way it is.  You get a bunch of females together, and it's just a matter of time before the pettiness and bickering starts.  Been dealing with it at our firm for years on end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2024, 01:20:07 PM »
Women in general.  Sorry, but that's the way it is.  You get a bunch of females together, and it's just a matter of time before the pettiness and bickering starts.  Been dealing with it at our firm for years on end.

When the cycles of the she-wolves align, duck!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 01:22:13 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2024, 06:22:17 PM »

Women: you can't live with them, and they can't pee standing up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2024, 06:47:25 AM »
Now DiJonai Carrington tweets…

"Unfortunately for yall new fAnS, we do not just ‘shut up and dribble’ here. Ya picked the wrong league”

You don’t want me to watch?  Okay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2024, 09:02:02 AM »
Now DiJonai Carrington tweets…

"Unfortunately for yall new fAnS, we do not just ‘shut up and dribble’ here. Ya picked the wrong league”

You don’t want me to watch?  Okay.

I'm astounded at the efforts of a few in the league to absolutely turn off any "new" fans to their sport. Gatekeeping is a choice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions