John Eye back for another go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Broome - Boom!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 09:46:06 AM »
I understand that the plan for him is to use him at the 4 as much as possible, since that's what he would be playing at the next level. Assuming that's true, Bruce just needs a big man to split time with Cardwell at the 5 and probably another combo guard.  Then it's on to step 3: Profit!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 10:58:23 AM »
Is this legit?  There was a fake Twitter account announcing this.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 02:31:29 PM »
ESPN, AL.com, Deadspin, Auburn Wire, etc. still have it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 05:41:50 PM »
I understand that the plan for him is to use him at the 4 as much as possible, since that's what he would be playing at the next level. Assuming that's true, Bruce just needs a big man to split time with Cardwell at the 5 and probably another combo guard.  Then it's on to step 3: Profit!
Just get us a thick 6'8 ish guy that can rebound, pass and score from 6 feet.

Howard can fill our acrobatic dunking role.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2024, 06:05:21 PM »
Just get us a thick 6'8 ish guy that can rebound, pass and score from 6 feet.

Howard can fill our acrobatic dunking role.

Need that gap-toothed monster from NCST
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2024, 07:06:23 AM »
Good golly. You put Burns together with Broome and Auburn becomes the most entertaining team evah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2024, 07:15:06 AM »

Stacy Abrams plays basketball?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2024, 07:41:45 AM »
Stacy Abrams plays basketball?
Okay this is "motherfucking" funny to borrow a black man's swear word.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2024, 10:01:40 AM »
I'm just saying there are power forwards who aren't limited to dunking off missed shots or put backs. Cardwell might have had some form of professional career in the making had he worked at perfecting a patent little finesse hook like Burns posseses.
If he could muster two confident bounces while backing a defender he would be at the very least worthy of a double team which would then leave a teammate open.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2024, 10:17:56 AM »
I'm happy about Cardwell coming back; however, truth be known, he's never been much of a factor.  He averages:

14.7 minutes a game

5.3 points

3.7 rebounds

1.6 blocks

So basically, he's a big man that can come in and give you a few quality minutes at a time.  But averaging less than 15 minutes a game, I really thought he would transfer out for some more playing time elsewhere.  Maybe he'll go all Jaylin Williams this off season and work hard on his game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2024, 10:33:28 AM »
I'm happy about Cardwell coming back; however, truth be known, he's never been much of a factor.  He averages:

14.7 minutes a game

5.3 points

3.7 rebounds

1.6 blocks

So basically, he's a big man that can come in and give you a few quality minutes at a time.  But averaging less than 15 minutes a game, I really thought he would transfer out for some more playing time elsewhere.  Maybe he'll go all Jaylin Williams this off season and work hard on his game.

The thing I like is that there isn't a significant dropoff when he's on the floor.  That's huge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2024, 10:55:55 AM »
The thing I like is that there isn't a significant dropoff when he's on the floor.  That's huge.
True. DC isn't going to get pushed around and he's a first rate rim protector in his limited time on the floor.
I just want an offensive threat that can let Broome be an even better small forward.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2024, 02:46:24 PM »

14.7 minutes a game

5.3 points

3.7 rebounds

1.6 blocks

He contributes a lot that you won't find on a stat sheet. He defends down low very well, not always a block or a steal. Just generally speaking, hes a very high energy disruptor/enforcer. But that also means he eats up fouls quickly, thus his 15 mpg avg. It's why he won't ever be full time at the 5 spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2024, 01:05:54 AM »
He contributes a lot that you won't find on a stat sheet. He defends down low very well, not always a block or a steal. Just generally speaking, hes a very high energy disruptor/enforcer. But that also means he eats up fouls quickly, thus his 15 mpg avg. It's why he won't ever be full time at the 5 spot.

This. We just need to convince him to force dunk every shot, even if he misses. 7 of 10 he will get fouled anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.