Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Legacy of OJ Simpson

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The Legacy of OJ Simpson
« on: April 12, 2024, 10:31:37 AM »
Apologies to the communist-scripted behaviors of MLK and Rosa Parks, but I can argue that no one person had a more profound impact on race relations in this country than OJ Simpson.

When Simpson won the Heisman at USC in 1968, race relations in the US were at a tipping point. The Civil Rights movement dominated the news. Johnson (the most destructive president of all time - before Obama and the current babbling potato) was in charge. The "fair housing act" went into effect. King had been assassinated (don't get me started on that) that same year. The country was just five years removed from the stand in the schoolhouse door.

OJ was charismatic. Likeable. Affable. Good looking He didn't get involved in the issues. He was well spoken, friendly, and a singular talent, perhaps the best college athlete ever to that point.

His non-confrontational personality and his tremendous talent on the field made him an instant star, even though he was drafted and played for a bad Bills team.  He went out, did his job - as well as anyone had before him. 

Because he stayed out of the whole controversy that was going on, because he was always charming, he started to get endorsement deals that were previously unavailable to black players or celebrities.

Simply put?  His good looks and charismatic personality transcended all the negativity. He made it okay for white folks to like black guys - particularly white women. His popularity was a healing force at a time when the two sides were very far apart.

He was never much loved by blacks, who saw him as "too white" but his appeal among the whites really helped close the gap. The world was open to him. Acting, announcing, endorsements. He could have been or done anything.

Fast forward to the day he murdered his ex-wife and a waiter who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Over time race relations had degraded. You can't force something that isn't natural. Watts Riots, Rodney King, Gangsta Rap, etc. spawned out of the growing divide. Distrust had swelled, particularly between police and the black community. 

When he murdered those people and then the jury acquitted him simply because he was black?  It was a betrayal. All the people who'd supported him, backed him, saw him as a bridge between the races?  His callous murderous rage and the jury's disregard of the evidence (and also his later confessions) drove the wedge between the races even deeper.  It has not recovered, honestly.  In the words of an older man I know "well, he proved that no matter how they act, there's always that part that's gonna come out." 

OJ moved us forward and then set us right back. 

We're at another tipping point now, thanks to one of the biggest racists in history, BH Obama. There's no OJ in sight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The Legacy of OJ Simpson
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 11:20:50 AM »
https://x.com/mouvement33/status/1778566905881829792

Nicole Minet
@mouvement33
I've been waiting 29 years to tell this story about OJ and his days at USC. Now that he's dead (may he burn in hell) I have a story that I signed an NDA for that is no longer valid. I was a junior at USC working in Topping Student Center on campus in 1995. I was an administrative assistant to the President of Student Affairs that semester in the work/study program.

In early 1995, Robert Shapiro and Robert Kardashian (USC Alumni) walked up to my desk and said they had an appt with my boss. I was studying to be a criminal defense lawyer with a dual major in PoliSci and International Relations so I knew who they were. The meeting lasted about 30 mins.

After they left I looked at my boss like wtf was that all about!? He walked me outside and we sat by the old sprawling big tree outside Topping and my boss lit a cigarette for the first time in years and told me I had to sign an NDA because I could confirm OJ's lawyers were there for a meeting. Then he told me what the meeting was about.

Before OJ could graduate from USC, the university paid off two families of two blonde white girls that he had dated and battered. They had both gone to the LAPD to report it. One claimed he also sexually assaulted her in their relationship. The school had a vested interest in OJ going far in football and protected him at all costs. OJ had been in custody for 6 months and lawyers were in the discovery process for the trial and OJ's friend Robert Kardashian, who knew OJ from also being a student at USC, thought it would be best if those stories never saw the light of day. So a large check was written, given to my boss, and they left. I'll never forget holding that check.

Now, did you hear about this before now? Nope. That's how much power money enables.

After he was acquitted I changed my major to Philosophy/Psychology double major. I understood that I could harm society more than not if I pursued law. This is also why I abhor the Kardashians. They're rich thugs. Nothing more. #OJISDEAD
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 11:25:09 AM »
I wonder how many more of these stories will come out in the next few years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 11:28:13 AM »
Im curious to see if he had CTE or similar, or if they'll even look at his brain for it. Like you said, charming, nice guy that everyone liked, on commercials, etc. Then suddenly 1993 rolls around and he snaps?? Ive always thought he could possibly have had some damage from football. Just made no sense he went from likable guy to crazy murderer in a span of a few years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 11:55:31 AM »
Im curious to see if he had CTE or similar, or if they'll even look at his brain for it. Like you said, charming, nice guy that everyone liked, on commercials, etc. Then suddenly 1993 rolls around and he snaps?? Ive always thought he could possibly have had some damage from football. Just made no sense he went from likable guy to crazy murderer in a span of a few years.

It's over an hour long.  There are parts of this that are absolutely chilling. 

Maybe he was always violent. Figured his celebrity and fame would get him out of it like it always did.  He was right. 

There is no question in my mind he slaughtered those two people.  The only question I have is who was with him?  He wasn't alone. Somebody is still out there. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 08:55:25 AM »

It's over an hour long.  There are parts of this that are absolutely chilling. 

Maybe he was always violent. Figured his celebrity and fame would get him out of it like it always did.  He was right. 

There is no question in my mind he slaughtered those two people.  The only question I have is who was with him?  He wasn't alone. Somebody is still out there. 

I still think it was Al Cowlings who never gave testimony by pleading the 5th.

They were friends from high school and he was a first round draft pick from USC to the Bills in consecutive seasons (1968 '69) , Cowlings being one year behind OJ.
That's weird in itself.
AC even ended his playing career at Frisco just like Simpson. They both got into acting, Cowlings eventually becoming godfather to the Simpson children.

Its as if they were pre-packaged together as lifelong bosom buddies or stepbrothers.

Too convenient? Probably, but there were no other witnesses or accomplices to the murders. 

« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 02:41:05 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
jmar,
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2024, 10:20:42 AM »
The prosecution drilled into Nicole's safe and found photos proving that she had been beaten by OJ and that was ruled inadmissible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2024, 10:55:44 AM »
The prosecution drilled into Nicole's safe and found photos proving that she had been beaten by OJ and that was ruled inadmissible.

The “prosecution” was abysmal.  I could have done a better job.   It was like a DEI version of a prosecutorial team.  Zero talent. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2024, 01:30:29 PM »

The “prosecution” was abysmal.  I could have done a better job.   It was like a DEI version of a prosecutorial team.  Zero talent. 
So true. I worked nights then and was mesmerized by this first huge tv trial that had the attention of the whole country.
Unfortunately it turned into a longterm modern day Super Bowl-like farce.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2024, 01:45:08 PM »
The prosecution isn’t the only ones who drilled into her safe. Believe me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2024, 02:12:04 PM »
The prosecution isn’t the only ones who drilled into her safe. Believe me.

Wasn’t it speculated that her promiscuity was potential motive for her being “unalived”?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2024, 04:33:37 PM »

Wasn’t it speculated that her promiscuity was potential motive for her being “unalived”?
I don't think so. Much of the public probably thought as much fwiw.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 04:35:18 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2024, 04:40:20 PM »
The Simpson's had separate residences. There was blood on a sock and on a glove found at her home (murder scene) and the same found at his home. There was a also a bloodstain on the back of Nicole's top which was somehow lost and bloody footprints found inside the Bronco.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2024, 04:45:31 PM »
The Simpson's had separate residences. There was blood on a sock and on a glove found at her home (murder scene) and the same found at his home. There was a also a bloodstain on the back of Nicole's top which was somehow lost and bloody footprints found inside the Bronco.

I rewatched most of the ESPN 30/30 about the trial and aftermath. 

It does a much better and deeper dive into the racial undercurrent, OJ's whitewashing (to the point he didn't even consider himself black), Juice's return to blackness after that community abandoned him. 

If you watch that and come away with the idea he was innocent?  Can't help you. 

There are interviews with jurors, one of which admits he was guilty but black folks needed a win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2024, 04:46:16 PM »
Now if we assume OJ found the bodies and tracked blood everywhere that could explain the bloodstains in the Bronco.

The socks and gloves at separate locations could possibly point to OJ being framed if you want to get conspiratorial.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2024, 04:49:21 PM »
I rewatched most of the ESPN 30/30 about the trial and aftermath. 

It does a much better and deeper dive into the racial undercurrent, OJ's whitewashing (to the point he didn't even consider himself black), Juice's return to blackness after that community abandoned him. 

If you watch that and come away with the idea he was innocent?  Can't help you. 

There are interviews with jurors, one of which admits he was guilty but black folks needed a win.
Absolutely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions