Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Finding the REAL killers

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Finding the REAL killers
« on: April 11, 2024, 11:00:32 AM »
I bet the Juice has plenty of time to look for the "real killers" now. 

OJ Simpson, great running back and confirmed murderer, dead. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Finding the REAL killers
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 11:30:34 AM »
No death bed confession? I wonder if there is a document somewhere that owns up, or reaffirms his position.
Inquiring minds and all that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Finding the REAL killers
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 11:49:18 AM »
It was a polarizing thing.  I was in a public space when the verdict was announced.  The blacks in the audience cheered and proceeded to essentially riot.  The whites expressed nothing but disgust. 

Later, when I was teaching, I used his acquittal to illustrate the double jeopardy clause of the fifth amendment.  I told my students that after the verdict, Simpson could write a book titled "Yes, I Did It and Here's How." 

One of my students took that to mean I had declared him guilty. I then had the pleasure of sitting in the principal's office as her distinctly uneducated mother loudly and profanely ranted about "racism." The more calmly and rationally our principal explained the basis if the points being made in the classroom and the meaning behind it, the louder she got. 

I think about that sometimes now.  I doubt the outcome would be the same today as it was then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.