Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Swoosh!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The Swoosh!
« on: April 09, 2024, 10:01:14 AM »
Auburn officially ditches Under Armor for Nike.

Discuss, or don't. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: The Swoosh!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 10:12:59 AM »

Discuss, or don't.

I do not/will not purchase Nike products. But they do pay their teams well. Maybe it will help with basketball recruiting. I have no idea. Just leave the uniforms alone.
I would have preferred Adidas. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 10:13:58 AM »
I do not/will not purchase Nike products. But they do pay their teams well. Maybe it will help with basketball recruiting. I have no idea. Just leave the uniforms alone.

Amen, and Amen!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 10:17:56 AM »

Discuss, or don't.

I was one of the few (I think) who really liked the UnderArmour stuff.  I thought it looked better, I thought it wore better, I thought it fit better.  I have some Nike polos for business and they do not hold up nearly as well as UA polos do. I've got Auburn polos from the Muschamp year and from 2008 that still hold their color and look like new. Nike shirts don't do that. My two year old shirts already show wear and have color-faded.

I had a problem with the UA shoes, though. Loved the style (at first, not so much lately) but between them and Nike, I constantly had plantar issues and shin splints.  Have had neither - not even for a day - since I switched to Brooks. I think the Underarmour shoes did improve, but not enough to switch back and not at their price.

At first, I felt like UnderArmour was really committed to Auburn. That seems to have declined over the years, perhaps as the brand itself declined. I don't remember what it was, but the owner (and Rock I think) took a very stupid vocal and public stance over something political and I don't think they've recovered since. May never will.

I don't care much for Nike.  But if the other available options are hideous Adidas,  vulgarly cheap Fanatics (who's ruining MLB), and floundering UnderArmour?  This is probably the best move. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 10:19:16 AM »

Adidas thinks men can suckle babies.  Burn it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 10:27:45 AM »
This should help with teh roundsballs 'cruitin, so I am all for it.  Agree with Kaos though...the Under Armour clothes are 1000% better but their shoes are the worst.  Possibly a step down from the K-Mart specials.
Whatever helps though.  I'll just continue to wear my Under Armour garb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 10:36:36 AM »
Haven't bought anything Nike for quite a few years now. Went with a lot of Adidas workout gear for a while, but it's gone down in quality.

For shoes, I used to go with Brooks for several years, but I realized I was paying out the ass for something that wasn't helping me in any way.  I'm  not a runner.  A few stints on the treadmill and maybe some walk/jogs around the neighborhood are the extent of my "running".  I get my cardio on the bike and long, hot, sweaty monkey love sessions in the bedroom. Mostly with myself.

What I've been doing for a while now is going to Academy, and checking out what's on sale.  They always have a bunch of shoes marked way down.  I'm on my 3rd pair of $49.00 Asics now.  Great shoe for what I need.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 10:56:41 AM »
This should help with teh roundsballs 'cruitin, so I am all for it. 

This is the only practical impact of this move.

UA is trash garbage.  I hate the "wicking" shirt material, cuz it just soaks up pit odor and makes for only worthwhile wearing while outdoors/sporting...not a casual piece of clothing.

Otherwise, all the big brands are problematic in one way or another, so rage on Spartaci.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 11:14:02 AM »
This is the only practical impact of this move.

UA is trash garbage.  I hate the "wicking" shirt material, cuz it just soaks up pit odor and makes for only worthwhile wearing while outdoors/sporting...not a casual piece of clothing.

Otherwise, all the big brands are problematic in one way or another, so rage on Spartaci.
Dude...that "pit odor" is an aphrodisiac in some cultures.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2024, 12:24:55 PM »
.  I'm  not a runner. 

This fucking shocks us all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 12:35:00 PM »
If you aren’t going to buy Nike the least you could do is to show up at the Alabama A&M game in support of the decision. Several of us are meeting up in the southeast end zone to kneel during the pledge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 02:49:10 PM »
If you aren’t going to buy Nike the least you could do is to show up at the Alabama A&M game in support of the decision. Several of us are meeting up in the southeast end zone to kneel during the pledge.
I'll be there. Just look for the guy who is not running from the cops...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2024, 02:59:26 PM »
I'm on my 3rd pair of $49.00 Asics now.  Great shoe for what I need.

When I used to run, I wore Asics and loved them. I gave my last pair to my son as he headed off to basic for the AF.
They made them buy the same ones for all, but he missed the Asics. They were much more comfortable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2024, 04:58:34 PM »
When I used to run, I wore Asics and loved them. I gave my last pair to my son as he headed off to basic for the AF.
They made them buy the same ones for all, but he missed the Asics. They were much more comfortable.
Don’t you still run to buffets?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2024, 05:20:43 PM »

I wore ‘em at basic. They make a good running shoe. They’re just ugly. That, coupled with the birth control goggles they make ya wear if your eye sight is not up to par does wonders for one’s self-confidence.

I run in On Clouds now. They’re okay for the little bit of running I do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2024, 05:26:14 PM »
I wore ‘em at basic. They make a good running shoe. They’re just ugly. That, coupled with the birth control goggles they make ya wear if your eye sight is not up to par does wonders for one’s self-confidence.

I run in On Clouds now. They’re okay for the little bit of running I do.

Yeah. He has the BCGs. He had them on the other day. I was like dang son. He said they are free with the VA (he got out Feb. 26) He wears his contacts at times. But his cheap ass will wear those ugly things instead.

He is at Troy now spending that GI Bill money and finishing up his degree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2024, 08:10:45 PM »
UA shoes are trash.  No matter the function.  I haven’t worn a Nike in years, since they were the shit in the 80’s.  I am glad they made the change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2024, 08:31:35 AM »
UA shoes are trash.  No matter the function.  I haven’t worn a Nike in years, since they were the shit in the 80’s.  I am glad they made the change.
I endorse this message.

And I will add that I joined in on the boycott of Nike and I only purchased Brooks for years. My family loved them. Then, they came out with the rainbow bullshit and other social justice horse hockey, so they are all a bunch of ball sack munchers. You can’t escape that unless you make your own shoes and mine would look real fucked up. I need the little 6 year old Chinese girls to keep making mine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2024, 06:49:50 PM »
I don’t hate Nike.  They have their place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2024, 08:50:07 AM »
I don’t hate Nike.  They have their place.
In the Chinese sweatshops?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions