Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Culture Change

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Culture Change
« on: April 05, 2024, 09:36:32 AM »
From Auburn Daily

Auburn continues its culture change and a certain player is not afraid to discuss it.

That young man would be starting quarterback Payton Thorne. Here's what he said in today's media session about the majority of attitudes for current Tigers as compared to some of those that moved on from the 2023 roster:

"I was thinking about this yesterday or the day before," Thorne began. "All the guys, like, that you get frustrated with...Why are you like...Why don't you want to be here? You know, why don't you want to workout? And stuff like that.

"Most of those guys are gone. And so, that has been really refreshing. And I feel like most of the guys, almost all the guys that are here now, want to be here, and want to workout, and want to play well on the field. The energy has been off the charts at practice so far (this spring)."

Whenever a new coaching staff takes over a struggling program, there's a chance for situations like the one Thorne is discussing to eventually come to light. Make of it what one will, but also consider the following two points.

First, it's going to take time, as in years, to truly get the Auburn football roster where Hugh Freeze and his coaching staff want it to be. It's only the beginning of Year 2 for the Freeze era and there's still a long way to go. As Thorne denotes, the attitude and energy is much better this spring so that's good news.

Second, recruits are going to notice the high energy and positivity around the program that Thorne is speaking about. That's going to pay dividends down the road. Auburn is no place near where it wants to be just yet, but Thorne's honest answer is a great sign of things to come for the Tigers.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: Culture Change
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 10:30:37 AM »
I'm picturing Jennifer Beals and hearing the Pointer Sisters.

Imagine what Hugh Freeze can accomplish when he does decide to run off the losers and fully engage as Auburn's Head Coach.

Out with the old, in with the new-
I GOT A NEW ATTITUDE!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 10:32:50 AM »

Imagine what Hugh Freeze can accomplish when he does decide to run off the losers and fully engage as Auburn's Head Coach.

I GOT A NEW ATTITUDE!

The honeymoon/mulligan season is over. Time to start winning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 10:57:32 AM »
The honeymoon/mulligan season is over. Time to start winning.
I was told this could take several years and here you are demanding excellence in year two.

What gives Snake?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 11:15:45 AM »
I was told this could take several years and here you are demanding excellence in year two.

What gives Snake?

Several years of patience to contend for championships is reasonable. What is also reasonable is to have expectations of not losing to the NMST’s of the world moving forward. A winning season would be quite nice also. Since my daughter has been alive, Auburn hasn’t had one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2024, 11:21:41 AM »

I GOT A NEW ATTITUDE!
We have the pins to pull this off and make it AUthentic!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2024, 11:29:05 AM »
Several years of patience to contend for championships is reasonable. What is also reasonable is to have expectations of not losing to the NMST’s of the world moving forward. A winning season would be quite nice also. Since my daughter has been alive, Auburn hasn’t had one.

Well, you need to send her back. Call the stork.  Apparently, you don't love Auburn like the rest of us.

But surrsly, folks.  Like Snake, I give a total mulligan to Freeze for last season.  The NMST dealio was head scratching given how they basically beat Bama right after that.  Took the week off, obviously.

I know this upcoming season will have it's share of skruggles as well, but I really expect to see marked improvement across the board.  I think a winning season, and a huge optimism for 2025 is realistic, and should be expected.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2024, 11:35:31 AM »
Like pointed out in the other thread, I see what boss man is doing. Just tone down the "culture counsel" dealio. Every single clip Ive heard with HF, he has mentioned the "culture counsel"...in the last week. It is getting annoying. Like the new cologne out tha Christmas box kind. Tone it down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2024, 11:44:10 AM »
Like pointed out in the other thread, I see what boss man is doing. Just tone down the "culture counsel" dealio. Every single clip Ive heard with HF, he has mentioned the "culture counsel"...in the last week. It is getting annoying. Like the new cologne out tha Christmas box kind. Tone it down.

I had some cultures done last week.  Came back saying I gots Herpes Simplex 10.  I needs to see a doctor before things start fallin' off the man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2024, 12:27:23 PM »
One way to change the culture is to get us some experience on the defensive front.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2024, 02:04:23 PM »
The culture council is an integral part of getting Auburn football back to an elite level and it helps to ensure accountability.

Real Auburn men know this, obviously.

I’m a huge supporter of the culture council. It’s just dumb to not be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2024, 02:10:32 PM »
The culture council is an integral part of getting Auburn football back to an elite level and it helps to ensure accountability.

Real Auburn men know this, obviously.

I’m a huge supporter of the culture council. It’s just dumb to not be.
Then where were you when we tried to start the TigersX culture club?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2024, 02:30:36 PM »

You know, we'd need some official colors for that club.

How about red, gold and green?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2024, 02:39:16 PM »

Ain't nobody dressing up like boy George around here...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2024, 03:04:07 PM »
Ain't nobody dressing up like boy George around here...
Would you prefer a beret and skinny pants?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2024, 03:58:45 PM »
Would you prefer a beret and skinny pants?

Do you really want to make me cry?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2024, 04:08:55 PM »
Do you really want to make me cry?
Do you really want to hurt me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2024, 04:14:18 PM »
Do you really want to hurt me?

Precious kisses, words that burn me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2024, 04:35:59 PM »
Seriously, Freeze equaled the number of wins for each of the three previous season using Harepins players. That culture is all but extinct, those that were ever going to see the field anyway.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2024, 05:23:49 PM »
We can start out 4-1 with a home win over either Arkansas or Oklahoma.

Then in October there are three road games at FUGA, Missouri and *Kentucky, which has virtually their entire team returning.
1-2

Then we have Vandy, LaMonroe and TAMU all at home.
3-0.

Finale @ Turds.

That's a reasonable 8-4.

Am I missing another win here?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions