Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What Will We Look Like?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
What Will We Look Like?
« on: March 29, 2024, 02:46:17 PM »
Disappointing end to the season after hanging an SEC Tourney banner.  And it's now that time when guys are going to make decisions about their futures.  Next season, we could see a lot of the same faces, with a couple of new freshman guards and handful of portal guys.  Or, we might have to learn the names of 3/4 of the roster.

We have two guards signed for this season.

Tahaad Pettiford  6'1" PG

Jahki Howard  6'6" SG

As far as definite departures, and I'm assuming on a couple...

KD "Charlie Pride" Johnson - Portal

Jaylin Williams - Graduate Student

Dylan Cardwell - Senior

Chris Moore - Senior

Again, assuming on the eligibility being up on those guys. So, those with decisions to make:

Aden Holloway

Tre Donaldson

Denver Jones

Chad Baker Mazarra

John Eye Broome

I was listening to The Dan Patrick Show earlier, and they were talking about the big center for Purdue. Forget his name.  As dominant as he is in the college game, he's not projected as a first rounder in the NBA.  The league has long since fazed the true center position out.  But if he goes early 2nd round, which is where he's projected, he'd probably start around $1.4 million.  His NIL at Purdue is just over $1 million.  So, why not enjoy college another year?

Interesting, because I've seen Johni projected as high as late first round to mid second round.  Have no idea what kind of NIL money is available to the top round hoop players at Auburn, but I imagine they might be trying to throw a little more his way.  His return would be YUGE!

As for the others, I've been saying since we lost to the nerds, that I think Holloway hits the port hole.  Haven't heard anything, I just have a feeling he'll jump in soon.

Thoughts on the others?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: What Will We Look Like?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 02:54:51 PM »
C’Mo and Card have a Covid year left.

Tahaad is not a PG.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 06:07:21 PM »

Tahaad is not a PG.

Tahaad IS a PG.  He probably will not be one next year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 06:12:04 PM »
Out of respect I will refrain from the one correct answer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 06:15:26 PM »
Look, either Tahaad is a point guard or he isn’t a point guard. But it’s bullshit that one of you apparently got onto here talking about something that you don’t know what you’re talking about. That’s ridiculous for you to do.

This is exactly why I should be given moderation powers. I would stop disinformation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

jmar

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2024, 06:44:57 PM »

Tahaad is not a PG.
According to morning radio host interviewing an "Auburn reporter" Tahaad is expected to be an off guard.
And if he isn't a point there's likely a good reason.

So hard to keep talent happy with the cash offerings being thrown at kids, damn the original NIL idea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2024, 09:22:22 PM »
Watch his film.  He’s not an off guard.  Guy is shifty as hell, can pass it, get in the paint and score, and shoots a nice 3 ball. Guys got hops too.  Not real tall.  He’s a lefty, but dunks with his right hand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2024, 09:27:25 PM »
Watch his film.  He’s not an off guard.  Guy is shifty as hell, can pass it, get in the paint and score, and shoots a nice 3 ball. Guys got hops too.  Not real tall.  He’s a lefty, but dunks with his right hand.
I'm just repeating what the wonk said. He's 6'1 which is pintsized so you would expect him to play point.
But NO says the so called guy in the know not called Snags.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2024, 09:29:21 PM »
Give me two big bookends that can do something besides dunk a ball and miss freethrows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2024, 09:43:26 PM »
Tahaad IS a PG.  He probably will not be one next year. 
This take is probably the closer to being correct according to our needs if Tre returns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2024, 12:11:42 PM »
Well. It seems Bruce does not believe he is a PG.
He stated plainly that he will play him at the 2. At some point it may necessitate he try and play PG. But that is not the plan. Bruce says he’s a shooter and that’s how we will use him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2024, 11:21:38 PM »
Well. It seems Bruce does not believe he is a PG.
He stated plainly that he will play him at the 2. At some point it may necessitate he try and play PG. But that is not the plan. Bruce says he’s a shooter and that’s how we will use him.
Straight from the horse's mouth.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2024, 11:52:01 AM »
Would love for our team to pick up a scrapper in the paint like Clemson's 6'7 230 Ian Schieffelin. 9 boards, 14 points per for the tourney. He did uncharacteristically miss four FTs last night but someone like him would be a nice compliment for the good guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2024, 08:11:47 PM »
Would love for our team to pick up a scrapper in the paint like Clemson's 6'7 230 Ian Schieffelin. 9 boards, 14 points per for the tourney. He did uncharacteristically miss four FTs last night but someone like him would be a nice compliment for the good guys.
Like we need more whites on our team. Your insight is highly questionable as of late.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2024, 03:43:02 PM »
Like we need more whites on our team. Your insight is highly questionable as of late.

BP is not afraid to add the occasional caucasian. But the situation is usually caucasianal…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2024, 04:56:10 PM »
Yeah, but what do they know anyway?

BOOM!!!  You showed him.

CCT, you like apples? Well, he's a point guard.  How you like them apples?

Yessss, bang.  Mic drop. He ain't comin' back from that one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2024, 07:41:27 PM »
BOOM!!!  You showed him.

CCT, you like apples? Well, he's a point guard.  How you like them apples?

Yessss, bang.  Mic drop. He ain't comin' back from that one.

Well done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2024, 07:21:43 AM »
Hey we should be good at both guards if we can keep Tre.
It's more demanding having to bring the ball down on a regular basis. And when you factor in the priority of defense it's tough on newbies.(see Holloway)

We might see a shared or hybrid situation develop similar to Harper, Brown and *Heron (who transferred)
And if you recall, we ended up with Dunbar and Purifoy much the same as the additions of CBM and Denver this season.

If Broome were to return, I just want us to land a couple of forwards that can battle in the paint, rebound and play defense like Chaney who's only flaw is consistency due to backing up Jaylin, more of a perimeter forward.

You can go to metro Atlanta and have your pick of big bodied dunkers.
Fuck that. Get's the fans excited but then what ...
We are missing a compliment to Broome who worked hard to become the all around player that he is.

Bruce can build a team. We might not be the most technically sound like this off-ball UConn bunch but even they can be run off the floor if the threes are raining while "playing par" or "holding serve"  in the other areas of the game. I know, mixed metaphors!

It actually feels funny arguing about off season personnel changes and recruiting knowing how spoiled we've become since CBP arrived.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions