Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's Madness

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
It's Madness
« on: March 18, 2024, 11:28:09 AM »
As pumped as I am about winning the SEC Tourney, I'm equally pissed about the seeding and placement for March Madness.

Looking at two final regular season polls, USA Today and ESPN, Auburn finished 7th in both. 

The SEC put 8 teams in the tournament.  Auburn has wins over Texas A&M, Mississippi State (2), Alabama, South Carolina (2) and Florida. While these teams didn't have great seasons, Auburn has OOC wins over Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Indiana and USC. 

Auburn finished 27-7, same record as #1 seed North Carolina, and 26 of those wins came by double digits.

The reward for that is a 4 seed and a trip across the country to play in the same bracket as the #1 overall seed, UConn.

Every year, you have to scratch your head over some of the things the committee does. Why are regions and fans not taken into account. Yesterday, the Nashville arena was 90% Auburn fans.  We travel.  But Spokane, Washington???

Lord Bruce said I guess we're being punished for being placed in Birmingham last year.  Well, why wouldn't you try and keep most southeast teams in that area?  Nobody in Spokane gives two flippity blips about Auburn and Yale.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: It's Madness
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 11:56:03 AM »
And how the hell does Bama finish 21-11, lose 4 of their last 6 games, and get a 4 seed as well?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 11:57:44 AM »
I guess the folks saying that the conference tournaments don't fucking matter for the top 16-20 teams are right.  The seeding makes me think the committee thought we'd get beat by UT, who would go one to meet UK in the final.  Feels like all they did was swap Houston with UCONN, and then move UT down a spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 02:25:51 PM »
See below:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 02:26:44 PM »
And how the hell does Bama finish 21-11, lose 4 of their last 6 games, and get a 4 seed as well?

If the turds had to travel, all Alabama teams had to travel!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 03:32:17 PM »
See below:

You think one person has the influence to screw their rival with no checks and balances?

Is this your website? 

www.birdsarentreal.com

Flat earther?

Moon landing fake?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 03:53:57 PM »
Wait, birds aren't real?  What the....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 05:08:30 PM »
The NCAA hates Bruce as much as we love him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2024, 05:14:09 PM »
The NCAA hates Bruce as much as we love him.

That’s a take I can get behind.  Not the ridiculous take about the Alabama prez. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2024, 05:42:36 PM »
But, those birds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2024, 05:44:40 PM »
John Eye was on the opening segment of Finebaum today. He thinks they're done with losing for the year.  Said, they just decided to win the rest of their games.

Sounds like a pretty straightforward plan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2024, 06:37:09 PM »
John Eye was on the opening segment of Finebaum today. He thinks they're done with losing for the year.  Said, they just decided to win the rest of their games.

Sounds like a pretty straightforward plan.

Can’t find a weakness in the plan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2024, 06:58:59 PM »

They should listen to him, he’s pre-law. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2024, 07:01:42 PM »
It's flawless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2024, 11:26:03 PM »
it’s simple and to the point but it just may work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2024, 01:09:27 AM »
You think one person has the influence to screw their rival with no checks and balances?

Is this your website? 

www.birdsarentreal.com

Flat earther?

Moon landing fake?

NAh. Had nothing to do with it. You da man. You caught us. Aliens have affected our thoughts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2024, 08:45:19 AM »
Only one thing left to do now
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2024, 11:00:00 AM »
Kick ass and chew bubble gum.....

And AU is all out of bubblegum !!

:aubie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions