Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Gentlemen

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The Gentlemen
« on: March 12, 2024, 07:42:59 PM »

I think I liked it.  But i don't really know. 

Series on Netflix, 8 episodes.

It wasn't as good as the movie, which I enjoyed tremendously.  Mainly because some of the cast lacked the same quality.

The main lead was just too dry. More like a Hallmark movie actor and his slow turn to gangsterism had some significant holes.  As did the absolute lack of police presence.  Huge brawl in a public space, kill a guy with multiple gunshots, go home. I think that's daft.

Characters would present a significant issue and then disappear for multiple episodes until it was convenient to bring them back.

I did like the daughter of the leader of the crime syndicate. She wasn't super attractive, but had a pretty sweet body swaddled in layers of English clothes.  I also liked the fact that the script didn't throw them immediately into bed - or even do much more than hint at the fact that there might be a happy little grudge fuck at some distant point in the future.

Was nice to see Gus Fring - and yes, it was pretty much 100% Fring, right down to the fastidiousness and the control of a methamphetamine network. That was really too spot on to work.

I didn't really like that it took eight episodes to pull all the various pieces together. A lot of people wouldn't have stuck it out that long because it moved at a glacial pace far too often. I pretty much dozed through at least three episodes and I don't think I missed much of anything.

It's not bad. It's not great, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.