Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Probably Another Joke

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Probably Another Joke
« on: March 07, 2024, 03:09:48 PM »
So the latest multi million dollar exhibition has been announced, as Youtoober, Jake Paul, is set to fight Mike Tyson at Jerry World.  I think it's pay-per-view on Netflix or some shit.  Don't care. Well, if it's free, I'll probably watch just out of curiosity.  But, I already know how this is going to go.

After that idiotic fiasco of Connor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather, I wouldn't waste a dime on something like this.  McGregor and Mayweather spent months touring around together before the fight, holding events where they smack talked the shit out of each other to build it up.  It worked like a charm, at least for the two fighters.  McGregor reported that he grossed over $100 million. Don't know what Floyd got.  The end result was a lackluster "fight" where Mayweather carried Connor until a 10th round "TKO".  Had they been in the Octagon, it would have been the other way around. 

But people paid out the ass to see it, and the two broke the bank.

This will be more of the same.  Paul has a huge following, and he's developed enough skill in his few years of boxing to make it look interesting for a while.  And if it's not totally fixed, there's always the real possibility of a strong guy 30 years younger landing that one blow on the temple of a 57 year old.  Puncher's chance, and all.

And yes, no matter how Tyson has looked in short clips he's put out of him training, and throwing flurries of punches....he's still 57.  And smokes A LOT of weed. 

If I had to predict, I'd say 3-4 rounds max, before Tyson "stops" Paul.  No way they can allow it to go further.  And these two are going to make a freakin' killing.   

« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 03:11:36 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Probably Another Joke
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 03:17:59 PM »
Mike might kill this guy.

Some of the best fighters in the history of the sport fell to Mike.  57 or not, he's still a force to be reckoned with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 03:59:05 PM »
Mike might kill this guy.

Some of the best fighters in the history of the sport fell to Mike.  57 or not, he's still a force to be reckoned with.

My problem though, is I don't think this will be much more than a sparring exhibition. Tyson still has the speed and power to knock his ass through a wall within a minute.  But, he won't.

I watched Paul's first round knockout of some retired tomato can a few days ago.  Youtube, not live. He looks awkward, and his punches look horrible.  Granted, he's put together and obviously has some power.  But then I watched some of Tyson's recent training videos.  Again, if he wants to walk through Paul's jab and maul the guy, he can.

He won't, though.  Gotta' put on a show. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 04:21:44 PM »
  But, I already know how this is going to go.
It is going to be free when I knock you the fuck out, too.
https://youtu.be/uE96VAc_RgQ?si=oYKIVMw-b4xWYdtc

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 04:32:24 PM »
It is going to be free when I knock you the fuck out, too.
https://youtu.be/uE96VAc_RgQ?si=oYKIVMw-b4xWYdtc

I'll hit you so hard, you'll have to shove a toothbrush up your ass to brush your teeth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions