Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SOTU

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
SOTU
« on: March 07, 2024, 02:19:23 PM »
"All Americans, not only in the States most heavily affected but in every place in this country, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers. That’s why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens."

Bill Clinton SOTU address.  1995

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: SOTU
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 02:21:17 PM »
by cracking down on illegal hiring

Until this happens, there won't be any meaningful change.

It won't happen, though, because of the $$$ involved.  Looking at you ConAgra, Tyson, et al...

But, let's keep everybody mad at the brown people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 02:33:38 PM »
Until this happens, there won't be any meaningful change.

It won't happen, though, because of the $$$ involved.  Looking at you ConAgra, Tyson, et al...

But, let's keep everybody mad at the brown people.
Biden is brown?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 02:38:37 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Kaos,
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 04:26:10 PM »
Jerry Nadler’s underwear is brown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 06:59:47 PM »
He's going to come out, make patently false claims, rant about things that have no basis in reality, mumble at least one word that doesn't exist. He'll shake his fist, tell you it isn't raining even as sheets of awful economic water pour down from the sky. He'll blame Trump for the border situation he created by undoing what Trump had done (laughable).  What's sad is that the doddering old fool believes it completely.  He's been told he's doing great. He's told that the economy is booming. He's told his policies are super-de-duper!  He knows nothing else. 

At some point, he'll stagger back to get another shot of whatever it is they jam in him to animate him for about and come out to do it some more. Then he'll stagger out the wrong way, wave to somebody non-existent and wobble back to his room so he can strip down to his leopard striped, Depends protected, speedo-underwear.  And nothing else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2024, 09:49:59 AM »
I didn't watch one second of the speech, the rebuttal, the coverage before or after. There were two great shows on Smithsonian about The Battles of Midway and Okinawa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2024, 10:16:17 AM »
I didn't watch one second of the speech, the rebuttal, the coverage before or after. There were two great shows on Smithsonian about The Battles of Midway and Okinawa.

You should seek out clips of the rebuttal.  H-I-Larious.  She's so bad even her party is torching her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2024, 10:19:24 AM »
You should seek out clips of the rebuttal.  H-I-Larious.  She's so bad even her party is torching her.
It is unfortunate that she did such a poor job.
Its even more hilarious that the left is trying to use that to deflect from the pitiful job that your guy did.

Most of the stuff he said was just pitiful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2024, 10:43:00 AM »

You're right.

It was one of the worst things I've ever seen.  Biden's speech was terrible and left so much low hanging fruit a tsetse fly could have pummeled it.  She was worse than that. 

It was bad enough that I expect (hope) it destroyed her political career. 

Everything it needed to be, it was the exact opposite. Horrible optics and the single worst delivery of any speech I've ever encountered - and that included third-grade student council entries. 

What I found the MOST hilarious were the "talking points" her staff sent out in advance:

-- Refer to her as "America's Mom"
-- Callback to Reagan's two best speeches Berlin Wall and Shining City

Jesus.  She couldn't lick Reagan's shoe soles. 

EDIT:

If I'm being honest, the bar for Biden was really low.  Stay upright, don't wander off into mumbled nonsense, tell the rehearsed lies he's expected to tell.  He did that.

The bar for Britt was also low. Calmly and succinctly expose the lies and ask the simple question - Were things better three years ago?  She failed so miserably, so spectacularly, so completely, that it was a total nuclear bomb.

If I'm a truly undecided voter?  She would have completely put me off. There was no sincerity, no emotional resonance.  If that speech mattered - and I hope it doesn't - she probably cost her side at least a percentage point, if not more.  That damage will likely increase when the skits, takeoffs, mockery, and ridicule from "comedy" shows lampoon her incessantly.  If I were writing for one of those shows, I'd 100% lambaste it.  If she'd given a dull or uninteresting speech, it would be quickly forgotten.  Instead.... she did whatever the raging hell THAT was. 

When she runs for re-election, I hope the voters of this state will rememeber that bizarre, Xanax Karen on her third glass of wine speech and send her back where she came from. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 11:13:32 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2024, 11:15:23 AM »

i was waiting for her to make a sandwich. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Kaos,
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2024, 11:49:07 AM »
i was waiting for her to make a sandwich.

Well. She is America's mom....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2024, 02:43:29 PM »
Well. She is America's mom....

If America is a chubby kid on Ritalin being forced to play soccer so mommy can gain status with her Xanax-addicted wine-chugging galentines, despite her child having no talent for the game whatsoever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2024, 04:10:26 PM »
If America is a chubby kid on Ritalin being forced to play soccer so mommy can gain status with her Xanax-addicted wine-chugging galentines, despite her child having no talent for the game whatsoever.

There is a large base that you just described that she resembles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2024, 04:20:26 PM »
There is a large base that you just described that she resembles.

I see you're familiar with the Mt Brook/Homewood/Vestavia metroplex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2024, 04:26:10 PM »
Yes He has jacked off to a ton of soccer moms.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2024, 04:57:51 PM »

The thing about Britt's Hallmark Movie performance, though, Wes?  It didn't even resonate with that demographic.

It was as bad a political immolation as I've ever seen.  It was worse than this:

Imagine him just doing that for 25 straight minutes.  You STILL wouldn't plumb the depths of Britt's performance. It's got to be one of the five worst US political speeches of all time.

It is - or should be - career destroying. Like literally, resign tomorrow. You cannot recover from that.

I still cannot get over just how abysmally horrific it was. I've seen hostage speeches that were better.

There is not one single soul who can tell you today what she actually said because her over-the-top histrionics and the visual was so shockingly bad.  It was stunning just how horrible it was. 

It's likely the biggest botched opportunity in US political history it was so apocalyptically bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2024, 05:11:31 PM »
Y'all be trippin' over this.  SOTU addresses and responses are nothing more than dog and pony shows.  Same shit, different year.  Repub/Dem doesn't matter.  One side of the aisle is going to do 175 squats and clap like giddy school girls in line to see the Barbie premiere.  The other side will boo, frown and pitch little hissy fits. 

In this case, 90% of the networks will say what a great job the Prez did, and how he's a fighter.  The other 10% will bellow about what a disgrace the whole thing was, and that he called Laken Lincoln. 

Nothing said or done last night will change one vote.  You're either fo or agin.  It's Auburn or Alabama.  There's no in between.  And by Tuesday of next week, nothing said last night will be talked, or thought about.  Except Laken/Lincoln.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2024, 06:44:46 PM »
Y'all be trippin' over this.  SOTU addresses and responses are nothing more than dog and pony shows.  Same shit, different year.  Repub/Dem doesn't matter.  One side of the aisle is going to do 175 squats and clap like giddy school girls in line to see the Barbie premiere.  The other side will boo, frown and pitch little hissy fits. 

In this case, 90% of the networks will say what a great job the Prez did, and how he's a fighter.  The other 10% will bellow about what a disgrace the whole thing was, and that he called Laken Lincoln. 

Nothing said or done last night will change one vote.  You're either fo or agin.  It's Auburn or Alabama.  There's no in between.  And by Tuesday of next week, nothing said last night will be talked, or thought about.  Except Laken/Lincoln.

You apparently didn’t see her atrocious speech.  There will be mockery and memes for months. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2024, 07:30:47 AM »
The thing about Britt's Hallmark Movie performance, though, Wes?  It didn't even resonate with that demographic.

It was as bad a political immolation as I've ever seen.  It was worse than this:

Imagine him just doing that for 25 straight minutes.  You STILL wouldn't plumb the depths of Britt's performance. It's got to be one of the five worst US political speeches of all time.

It is - or should be - career destroying. Like literally, resign tomorrow. You cannot recover from that.

I still cannot get over just how abysmally horrific it was. I've seen hostage speeches that were better.

There is not one single soul who can tell you today what she actually said because her over-the-top histrionics and the visual was so shockingly bad.  It was stunning just how horrible it was. 

It's likely the biggest botched opportunity in US political history it was so apocalyptically bad.

She was pretty terrible.  Seemed the whole thing was long winded, shaky voice/nervous journey for her to hit the punchline of “Bless Joe’s heart”. However, I’d still give it to her good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.