Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Doobies

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Doobies
« on: March 07, 2024, 12:15:23 PM »
The Doobie Brothers are about to drop their first full album with Michael McDonald in over 40 years.  They start touring again in June, and I am definitely going to try and see them.  Saw them once, waaaaaay back in the day at Champagne Jam at Georgia Tech's stadium.

Loved the Doobies until McDonald joined them, and they put out Takin' It To The Streets.  Total departure from everything they had done before.  If it was just some guy named Michael McDonald that put out that record, you'd probably think it was a pretty decent pop album.  Actually, some of the songs aren't bad.  But, it wasn't the Doobies. I blamed McDonald.

However, after watching a documentary on the band, he may have saved them.  Lead guitarist and vocalist, Tom Johnston, left the band with a sickness, and they weren't sure if they'd continue.  They let McDonald take over Johnston's vocal parts on tour, and it was a hit.

Anyway, I will give the new album a try and hope to get to check them out on tour.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Doobies
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 12:20:35 PM »
If I have to hear this one more time I'm gonna Yah Mo Burn this place to the ground.

I don't have a burning hatred for MM, so might catch it if they come close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 02:23:01 PM »
If I have to hear this one more time I'm gonna Yah Mo Burn this place to the ground.

It's the internet.  This isn't really a place, with walls and floors and lighting and stuff.  You can't burn it. Soooo...... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 04:37:52 PM »

We seldom agree but I am with you on this, brother. 💯 and this is only one example. It’s the same old horseshit over and over and over and motherfucking over! If you don’t want to burn the x down, we could just go on a deep sea fishing trip out of Destin with Snags and a wood chipper. Like we discussed before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 04:41:40 PM »
Did I ever tell you about the time I played back yard football with Tommy Shaw?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 06:00:31 PM »
Did I ever tell you about the time I played back yard football with Tommy Shaw?
No but I've taken grief from you guys for not liking that droning McDonald over Johnston.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2024, 08:53:08 AM »
No but I've taken grief from you guys for not liking that droning McDonald over Johnston.

To be clear: the original Doobies were the best Doobies.

That said, I don't hate MM like some do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2024, 09:44:34 AM »
To be clear: the original Doobies were the best Doobies.

That said, I don't hate MM like some do.

Until I saw the documentary, I was pretty much under the impression that he was responsible for taking them in an almost pure pop direction.  As I said above, if Takin' It To The Streets had come out as maybe a solo effort of McDonald, or even some other artist/band, I would have thought that it was a pretty neato keen album.  There are some good tunes on there. 

But the documentary put all that in a different light.  I'm fine with MM, just wasn't ready for that voice fronting the Doobies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2024, 02:38:29 PM »
I used to smoke doobies like Snags will smoke a dick. I’d suck it until it went “poof” and disappeared. I was a wild one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com