Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Spring Practice Notes

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Spring Practice Notes
« on: February 29, 2024, 04:14:06 PM »
Per Hugh:

Let me clear: I think Payton has done an incredible job since January of taking a leadership role and setting the standard. Do I think it’s his to lose? Yes. But he’s gotta go earn it every day

Obviously, you’re gonna get really good looks at Payton and Holden and Hank, and then you want to get Walker some, because I think he’s so talented,” Freeze said. “I mean, his arm strength is phenomenal. He made throws the other day that take great arm strength to make (Hugh has boner for WW)

I want to get back to the only thing I’ve known that has given us success everywhere we’ve been, the RPO-driven run game and the play-action passes off of it,” Freeze said. “In order to do that you’ve got to have a receiver or three that can win in some one-on-ones and quarterbacks that can execute it. I do think our quarterbacks can do that

We’re changing our whole verbiage, our whole system, to what I’m comfortable with,” Freeze said. “I need to see who has the best grasp on that.(this telegraphs to me that HF is not sold on the incumbent.  otherwise he'd keep the system/terminology consistent.  this is a move to help the youngsters.)

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2024/02/hugh-freeze-addresses-auburns-qb-battle-whose-it-is-to-lose-and-whos-making-strides.html
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 12:24:57 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Spring QB Notes
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 04:45:55 PM »
Per Hugh:

Let me clear: I think Payton has done an incredible job since January of taking a leadership role and setting the standard. Do I think it’s his to lose? Yes. But he’s gotta go earn it every day

Obviously, you’re gonna get really good looks at Payton and Holden and Hank, and then you want to get Walker some, because I think he’s so talented,” Freeze said. “I mean, his arm strength is phenomenal. He made throws the other day that take great arm strength to make (Hugh has boner for WW)

I want to get back to the only thing I’ve known that has given us success everywhere we’ve been, the RPO-driven run game and the play-action passes off of it,” Freeze said. “In order to do that you’ve got to have a receiver or three that can win in some one-on-ones and quarterbacks that can execute it. I do think our quarterbacks can do that

We’re changing our whole verbiage, our whole system, to what I’m comfortable with,” Freeze said. “I need to see who has the best grasp on that.(this telegraphs to me that HF is not sold on the incumbent.  otherwise he'd keep the system/terminology consistent.  this is a move to help the youngsters.)

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2024/02/hugh-freeze-addresses-auburns-qb-battle-whose-it-is-to-lose-and-whos-making-strides.html

That also reaffirms my take that he wasn't that involved last season. My hope is that the "his job to lose" quote is just coach speak to keep Thorne motivated, and that it truly is an open competition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 04:48:43 PM »
Per Hugh:

This tells me he’s made up his mind that Thorne will start.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 04:53:29 PM »
Per Hugh:

This tells me he’s made up his mind that Thorne will start.

Well, I fucked that up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 04:59:32 PM »
Well, I fucked that up.

pwnt

Report to jumbo for remedial training.

Bring your dog.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 05:09:05 PM »
pwnt

Report to jumbo for remedial training.

Bring your dog.

Where the hell did he runnoft to? Was it just a tease?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 05:30:42 PM »
Where the hell did he runnoft to? Was it just a tease?

Jummy Bear has always been a big tease. :civic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2024, 03:20:45 PM »
Well, I fucked that up.
Does anyone know what room basic computer skills is in? :newmonitor:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

Re: Spring Practice Notes
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2024, 09:29:19 AM »
That also reaffirms my take that he wasn't that involved last season. My hope is that the "his job to lose" quote is just coach speak to keep Thorne motivated, and that it truly is an open competition.
This makes sense given the guy had previously managed the offense at Liberty from a hospital bed in 2022.

It would also make sense that Hugh would hire a couple of makeshift coordinators to do the gameplanning this season past while he was busy sorting through the pieces in a disconnected though not totally uninvolved manner.

And I for one can't wait for this 2024 version of Auburn football with a fully functioning, laser focused Hugh Freeze at the helm.

Call me a skeptic but it's all starting to make perfect sense to me in early March. In retrospect, this was an absolutely brilliant plan.

Hugh knew?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2024, 09:37:01 PM »
QB room.

PT looking good.
Hank looking good.
Willard Whyte making up time with some really good sausage.
HG odd man out?

What are you hearing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 06:18:57 AM »
QB room.

PT looking good.
Hank looking good.
Willard Whyte making up time with some really good sausage.
HG odd man out?

What are you hearing.

Lookin at the trail of breadcrumbs that have been laid out thus far, I’d put money on the following:

The job will be handed to Thorne again, whether he earns it or not. Not sure if it’s tunnel vision, ego, or if it’s NIL/Booster related. I hate it either way. Hopefully the dude proves me wrong and lights it up.

Hank will snag that #2 spot, and it will be truly earned. Expect him to gain valuable playing time in ‘24 because I think he will be the guy in ‘25 & possibly ‘26.

Holden will transfer post spring. The mumblings I've paid attention to say he is getting outperformed by the other 3. We will snag a depth piece from the G5 ranks to replace him.

Walker redshirts, getting his mind right for the future.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2024, 08:09:05 AM »
Lookin at the trail of breadcrumbs that have been laid out thus far, I’d put money on the following:

The job will be handed to Thorne again, whether he earns it or not. Not sure if it’s tunnel vision, ego, or if it’s NIL/Booster related. I hate it either way. Hopefully the dude proves me wrong and lights it up.

Hank will snag that #2 spot, and it will be truly earned. Expect him to gain valuable playing time in ‘24 because I think he will be the guy in ‘25 & possibly ‘26.

Holden will transfer post spring. The mumblings I've paid attention to say he is getting outperformed by the other 3. We will snag a depth piece from the G5 ranks to replace him.

Walker redshirts, getting his mind right for the future.
I was thinking that Sam mutherfuckin Jackson was probably brought over as an insurance policy rather than wasting time with another portal QB post spring.  Early returns tell me that he was lined up at outside receiver in the first 2 practices though, so who knows?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2024, 08:46:34 AM »
I was thinking that Sam mutherfuckin Jackson was probably brought over as an insurance policy rather than wasting time with another portal QB post spring.  Early returns tell me that he was lined up at outside receiver in the first 2 practices though, so who knows?
We might have two straight up ballers with Lewis and Jackson.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2024, 03:58:56 PM »
Looks like the A-Day Game won't be available for viewing anywhere except Jurrdin Hairstadium.

Tailgate/Meeting for Beer(z) anyone?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2024, 04:05:00 PM »
"That boy sly"

Zac Blackerby

The Auburn Tigers believe they have something special with this freshman wide receiver class.

Hugh Freeze made the 2024 class a priority and it looks like the Tigers could see some true freshmen make some plays this upcoming season. They're already impressing some Auburn returning leaders.

Wide receiver Camden Brown and cornerback Kayin Lee were two of the several players made available to the media Tuesday afternoon. Both Auburn returners had good things to say about true freshman Cam Coleman.

"He's a great player. He's mature. He's going to be good in this offense," Wide receiver Camden Brown said when asked about Coleman.

"I see a bright future for Cam Coleman. That boy is a dog," Auburn cornerback Kayin Lee said when asked about the wide receivers.

Fellow freshman wide receiver Bryce Cain has also gained the attention of Lee. "That boy can move," Lee said about Cain. "That boy (is) sly."

A season ago, the wide receiver position was a problem for Auburn as players were constantly dropping passes and not creating any separation.

These issues from last season are the reason why Coach Freeze made it a priority to add talent to this position group.

Coleman and Cain are already turning heads, and we still haven't seen the other two members of this talented receiver class, Perry Thompson or Malcolm Simmons, yet.

All four of these players will have an early impact and should make the lives of the quarterbacks easier as they throw to weapons that will be able to create separation and widen passing lanes.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2024, 04:14:25 PM »
"That boy sly"

Zac Blackerby

The Auburn Tigers believe they have something special with this freshman wide receiver class.

Hugh Freeze made the 2024 class a priority and it looks like the Tigers could see some true freshmen make some plays this upcoming season. They're already impressing some Auburn returning leaders.

Wide receiver Camden Brown and cornerback Kayin Lee were two of the several players made available to the media Tuesday afternoon. Both Auburn returners had good things to say about true freshman Cam Coleman.

"He's a great player. He's mature. He's going to be good in this offense," Wide receiver Camden Brown said when asked about Coleman.

"I see a bright future for Cam Coleman. That boy is a dog," Auburn cornerback Kayin Lee said when asked about the wide receivers.

Fellow freshman wide receiver Bryce Cain has also gained the attention of Lee. "That boy can move," Lee said about Cain. "That boy (is) sly."

A season ago, the wide receiver position was a problem for Auburn as players were constantly dropping passes and not creating any separation.

These issues from last season are the reason why Coach Freeze made it a priority to add talent to this position group.

Coleman and Cain are already turning heads, and we still haven't seen the other two members of this talented receiver class, Perry Thompson or Malcolm Simmons, yet.

All four of these players will have an early impact and should make the lives of the quarterbacks easier as they throw to weapons that will be able to create separation and widen passing lanes.

Thorne for Heisman?
Too soon...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2024, 04:29:45 PM »
Looks like the A-Day Game won't be available for viewing anywhere except Jurrdin Hairstadium.

Tailgate/Meeting for Beer(z) anyone?

I’ll be there, you saucy tart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2024, 04:31:16 PM »
Thorne for Heisman?
Too soon...

I’ll take top half of the SEC. Don’t need a world beater, which he very clearly is not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2024, 05:02:26 PM »
I’ll be there, you saucy tart.

Then, my plans are set, you vulgar lush.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2024, 03:30:11 PM »
OL taking shape:

Left tackle: Percy Lewis

Left guard: Dillon Wade

Center: Connor Lew

Right guard: Jeremiah Wright

Right tackle: Izavion Miller

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2024/03/inside-auburns-spring-practice-starting-ol-appearing-to-take-shape-transfers-making-early-impacts.html

Per Mr. Percy Lewis:

“He’s bigger than Bama tackles,” McLeod said. “And he’s more athletic than them. And he’s long, so he’s going to bring a lot on that blind side. He’s going to help Payton (Thorne) throwing a lot.”

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2024/03/now-at-auburn-hugh-freeze-asks-massive-transfer-ol-percy-lewis-to-stay-off-motorcycles.html

« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 03:32:54 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions