Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New Law and Order

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
New Law and Order
« on: February 28, 2024, 01:53:20 PM »
I know this show always had a left lean.  But for most of 20+ years it was just a lean. 

The episodes with Briscoe, Green, Van Buren, McCoy, Serena/Abby were all pretty balanced and told decent stories.

I tried the new episodes.  Good lord.  This isn't that.

First, the cast is significantly weaker. These are just central casting copies, stand-ins. It's bad.  We've got world-weary Cameron Manheim (who was waaay better as a drug-chugging foster mom back in the original series), a token latina prosecutor, a computer savvy Asian, a redeemed bad white cop, and a token black detective. 

The first episode dealt with Hamas. I know the show aways "ripped stories from the headlines" but this was egregious.

Now we're having all kind of race discussion because there were some black girls who were killed in the past the same way a white one is.  "Oh, ya'll charging him with the murder of the white girl because ya'll got EVIDENCE, but you're not gonna charge him for the black girls because ya'll don't have none?" 

This isn't what I signed up for.  It's like NBC gave up on the series and TheCW picked it up and screwed up the formula.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.