Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Founding Fathers Right?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Founding Fathers Right?
« on: February 28, 2024, 10:05:16 AM »
As I've watched the political landscape change over the years, I've come to the conclusion that the founding fathers were right about many things, one of them being the right to vote. 

You should be required to prove your identity. You should be a citizen. You should have some stake in the country -- owning land, paying taxes. 

We are fast approaching a tipping point.  When the majority of people who vote do so because of what they believe government can and will give them without requiring them to earn it?  It's over.  And we're almost there.

You know who doesn't care about taxes, interest rates, federal debt?  People who are never going to pay them, never going to be impacted by them.  People who depend on the government for sustenance. Those people should not be allowed to vote. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Re: Founding Fathers Right?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 11:25:41 AM »
As I've watched the political landscape change over the years, I've come to the conclusion that the founding fathers were right about many things, one of them being the right to vote. 

You should be required to prove your identity. You should be a citizen. You should have some stake in the country -- owning land, paying taxes

We are fast approaching a tipping point.  When the majority of people who vote do so because of what they believe government can and will give them without requiring them to earn it?  It's over.  And we're almost there.

You know who doesn't care about taxes, interest rates, federal debt?  People who are never going to pay them, never going to be impacted by them.  People who depend on the government for sustenance. Those people should not be allowed to vote.

I agree with the bolded portion of your post. Everyone that is a citizen and that does not have felony charges in their past should have a voice. Even if it is idiotic to you and me. Stipulations on freedoms over something as simple as differences of opinion is extreme. I expect that kind of talk from only the far left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 11:33:05 AM »
To add, it is amazing how intelligent and full of wisdom our Founding Fathers were. Every great empire throughout history eventually falls. We will be no exception, unfortunately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 12:05:24 PM »
So, if I understand this correctly, you are saying that only Republicans should be allowed to vote. It makes sense but I don’t know if the SCOTUS will uphold it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 02:04:36 PM »
So, if I understand this correctly, you are saying that only Republicans should be allowed to vote. It makes sense but I don’t know if the SCOTUS will uphold it.

It would essentially eliminate the city rats from controlling the country.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 02:05:57 PM »
I agree with the bolded portion of your post. Everyone that is a citizen and that does not have felony charges in their past should have a voice. Even if it is idiotic to you and me. Stipulations on freedoms over something as simple as differences of opinion is extreme. I expect that kind of talk from only the far left.

No.  People who are wholly dependent on government assistance, own no property, and pay no taxes should not be able to vote more largesse for themselves. 

There are things they left out.

1. Term limits.  It's utterly ridiculous for someone to go to Washington as a broke-ass honk and retire 30 years later worth millions. It shouldn't be a lifetime deal. 
2. By the same token that people without a stake can't vote, people WITH a stake can't profit. Senators and Congressmen should be barred from accepting lobbyist payments, signing "book deals" or trading stocks. How does Joe Biden, who never had a real job in his life, amass a fortune that is reported to be near $50 million?  Well, we all KNOW how he did it (Ukraine, China, etc.) and we all know it's substantially more hidden away, but that's not right.  How does a moron bartender with a horse face, suddenly turn up as a multi-millionaire after getting elected despite having no appreciable skills whatsoever and the IQ of a gnat. Well, we know that too.
3. Campaign ethics. Who spends $40 million to earn a job that pays $73,000.  Well, we know that too. But it needs to change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2024, 02:16:32 PM »
If I can go to jail by selling/buying stock based on insider information, then politicians should be prohibited from buying/selling stock for companies that they regulate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 09:20:21 PM »
If I can go to jail by selling/buying stock based on insider information, then politicians should be prohibited from buying/selling stock for companies that they regulate.

We all agree in that. However, it’s damn near impossible to prove when they investigate themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Token

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2024, 09:24:22 PM »
1 term, 6 years. No incumbents. No lobbyist.

Problems fixes itself quickly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions