Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who Ya' Got?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Who Ya' Got?
« on: February 23, 2024, 04:00:34 PM »
Every year, I like to look at some of the incoming freshman, and pick one or two out who may be the surprise of the class.  I look at some of their highlights with my completely untrained and unprofessional eye, and think that here's a couple of guys that I'm damn glad others might have missed on.  Usually an unheralded 3*, but honestly, this was a top 10 class, so there's probably not too many "surprises".

Years back, I touted Derick Hall as the dark horse.  He was 3* edge rusher, but only listed at 6'2" and around 215.  But his film made you take notice, and he had that Takeo Spikes look about him that said, if he fills out, he could be a beast.  He stayed all 4 years on the Planez, and left at just over 260 pounds, and built like a brick shit house.

Right now, I'm going with Jamonta Waller. Hardly a true dark horse, since he was a coveted Edge Rusher we flipped from Gusty Gaytah.  Listed at 6' 247.  I watched a bunch of HS highlights, and yes as always, they're called highlights for a reason.  But this guy is scary on film.  He brings the pain, and brings it quick.  Go to 247 and look at some of his workouts with the Auburn coaches at the indoor facility.  Thick legs and upper body.  Moves like a cat....a large cat. 

Who ya' got?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 04:02:14 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Who Ya' Got?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 04:32:12 PM »

If being completely honest, I picked out Keven Greene as having the talent to be all SEC by his junior year. He didn’t play but he’s in the NFL HOF. I can look at a guys ankles and generally tell. Also, I know what it is to be an athlete. You obviously do not.

Then I called Jason Miska as someone who would excel at LB.

Along the way, I stated that Vincent Jackson would crack the starting lineup by his sophomore year, at the latest. I liked his speed and strength but I was concerned that he didn’t enjoy practice.

When the Newton boy left Blinn juco in Texas and I saw him practice, I knew he would win a Heisman. I figured that he could also win the national championship, that’s why I did not mind contributing 180k, which is chump change for a sure Heisman QB.

You never and I repeat NEVER predicted anything re Derick Hall. Firstly, you don’t know a fucking iota about football. Maybe you could make a call for first chair piccolo for the jazz band.

Secondly, your thread is why people have left here in droves. If I had more time, I’d be the glue that holds it together. This is exactly why GF hauled ass and subsequently died of AIDS.

He never like you either.

This year, I think Cam Coleman and Perry Thompson will both contribute a lot before transferring to Bama.

They may only be 5 stars but the potential is there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 05:18:04 PM »
If being completely honest, I picked out Keven Greene as having the talent to be all SEC by his junior year. He didn’t play but he’s in the NFL HOF. I can look at a guys ankles and generally tell. Also, I know what it is to be an athlete. You obviously do not.

Along the way, I stated that Vincent Jackson would crack the starting lineup by his sophomore year, at the latest. I liked his speed and strength but I was concerned that he didn’t enjoy practice.

When the Newton boy left Blinn juco in Texas and I saw him practice, I knew he would win a Heisman. I figured that he could also win the national championship, that’s why I did not mind contributing 180k, which is chump change for a sure Heisman QB.

You never and I repeat NEVER predicted anything re Derick Hall. Firstly, you don’t know a fucking iota about football. Maybe you could make a call for first chair piccolo for the jazz band.

Secondly, your thread is why people have left here in droves. If I had more time, I’d be the glue that holds it together. This is exactly why GF hauled ass and subsequently died of AIDS.

This year, I think Cam Coleman and Perry Thompson will both contribute a lot before transferring to Bama.

Please wait outside.  The adults are having a conversation in here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 05:31:00 PM »
See what I’m talking about? Even GH has hauled ass and you used to be his hero. That snakebite kid finally wised up.

All kidding aside, people are weary of your postings. No offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 05:35:41 PM »
See what I’m talking about? Even GH has hauled ass and you used to be his hero. That snakebite kid finally wised up.

All kidding aside, people are weary of your postings. No offense.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
Tis some visitor, I muttered, tapping at my chamber door —
Only this, and nothing more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2024, 06:08:59 PM »
LB - DJ Barber
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 06:24:38 PM »

I have  a story about Kevin Greene that is funny.  He was in the same ROTC class as my brother.  They had to give a speak about what branch of the Army they wanted to be.  Greene gave a speech that he would choose Infantry over Armor because you could dodge bullets.  In retrospect, it’s brilliant. Besides the fact he probably had his life cut short by hits.  I also knew his little sister, who was not smart. 

Brings into a deep discussion, I am not sure I would not trade my life for his. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2024, 06:43:00 PM »

Brings into a deep discussion, I am not sure I would not trade my life for his.

Interesting hypo.  I probably wouldn't either, I've done/seen/experienced some amazing shit.

But...the life of an NFL star?  Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.  Early exit be damned, I'm juicing, cashing checks and snapping necks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024, 06:55:42 AM »
I’m thinking Joseph Phillips. Work ethic is too strong, and he has the size  & speed to spell McLeod off the edge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2024, 10:30:13 AM »
LB Demarcus Riddick even though it would be easier to pick an edge for playing time. Always liked the toughness of the Chilton County kids so I'll roll with him to have an impact at least on special teams.

Transfers aren't included in this thread but you can go ahead and pencil in Percy Lewis at left tackle.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 11:03:32 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2024, 12:33:15 PM »
LB Demarcus Riddick even though it would be easier to pick an edge for playing time. Always liked the toughness of the Chilton County kids so I'll roll with him to have an impact at least on special teams.

Transfers aren't included in this thread but you can go ahead and pencil in Percy Lewis at left tackle.
I have seen a couple of reports that Riddick is looking like an NFL ready player straight out of HS. There’s likely some hyperbole involved but the kid sounds like he’s getting significant pt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2024, 08:37:29 PM »
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
Tis some visitor, I muttered, tapping at my chamber door —
Only this, and nothing more.

Damn. That boy sure loves his iambic pentameter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.